Results 1 to 10 of 26

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Player
    Trixxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    293
    Character
    Aranea Asmodai
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Gear > individual skill and coordination

    Just gonna point at the DPS mains that can deal anywhere from 200 DPS (if bad) to 400+ if they know what they're doing, on the same gear setup.
    (4)

  2. #2
    Player
    Garlyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Ul'dah
    Posts
    1,349
    Character
    Alvis Yune
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Trixxy View Post
    Gear > individual skill and coordination

    Just gonna point at the DPS mains that can deal anywhere from 200 DPS (if bad) to 400+ if they know what they're doing, on the same gear setup.
    I think you mean <

    But yes. Given T13 was beaten in about a two week period, it's pretty clear that its hypertuning is aimed centrally at 2.3 gear levels; gathering Poetics and Dreadwyrm gear will help loosen how perfect players have to do in order to survive/meet deeps checks/etc
    (1)

  3. #3
    Player

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by Trixxy View Post
    Gear > individual skill and coordination

    Just gonna point at the DPS mains that can deal anywhere from 200 DPS (if bad) to 400+ if they know what they're doing, on the same gear setup.
    I still can't beat Turn 5 with average item level of 100+.
    (1)

  4. #4
    Player
    Rhas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    543
    Character
    Rhas Itiron
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by coldreactive View Post
    I still can't beat Turn 5 with average item level of 100+.
    While I beat it in i91 gear without dying once on the run we cleared it. Learning the mechanics... ftw.
    (0)

  5. #5
    Player

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhas View Post
    While I beat it in i91 gear without dying once on the run we cleared it. Learning the mechanics... ftw.
    I read a guide for turn 5, watched two videos... forgot almost all the fight in a day. No joke either. After beating Garuda EX a week ago, I don't remember her fight at all. I won't be able to do my novus stuff either anytime soon, will need to grind the heck out of gil... since I can't tank, will be a bit hard. Can't craft, (Don't want to macro either, so HQ isn't really a possibility) FC isn't good with crafting, etc. Will be moving to Mateus, likely search for an FC when that occurs.
    (0)
    Last edited by coldreactive; 11-21-2014 at 05:28 AM.

  6. #6
    Player
    Rhas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    543
    Character
    Rhas Itiron
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by coldreactive View Post
    I read a guide for turn 5, watched two videos... forgot almost all the fight in a day. No joke either. After beating Garuda EX a week ago, I don't remember her fight at all. I won't be able to do my novus stuff either anytime soon, will need to grind the heck out of gil... since I can't tank, will be a bit hard. Can't craft, (Don't want to macro either, so HQ isn't really a possibility) FC isn't good with crafting, etc. Will be moving to Mateus, likely search for an FC when that occurs.
    I never read any guides, nor watched any videos on turn 5. I learn by doing and improving myself by actually doing the content. When I beat it, I still had my unupgraded uat on my then main, my blm.

    What does player skill have to do with novus... or grinding gil... or not being able to tank... or even crafting (I craft everything important by hand, btw, not with macros, the only thing I even use macros for is when I'm putting out HQ lowbie stuff to sell on the market)... When I beat garuda EX the first time I was on my barely met requirement job... a whm no less lol

    You can't really get carried so much being a healer doing harder (EX+) content. Again, its about player skill. Not whatever you trying editing your post into. Which really doesn't make any sense to me.
    (1)
    Last edited by Rhas; 11-21-2014 at 05:45 AM.