Results 1 to 10 of 58

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Player
    blowfin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    629
    Character
    Blowfin Jr
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Says the guy who needs to outgear content by 20 item levels to win.
    I don't need to do anything of the sort, but i'm not opening up a Party Finder group to people 15 levels below me. Sorry but that's inviting failure in more ways than one, and it's not the purpose of PF. That's what DF is for, if I wanted to help people like that I'd go to DF. I wanted to clear Titan in the most efficient way possible and you're telling me I'm a bad player? That my friend, is the definition of a scrub. Everyone should play the game the way you see fit.

    For the record I helped an FC member clear Titan HM a couple of days ago (in the DF, with two tanks), so you can take any dimwitted theories you have about "overgearing" and "gaming the system" and put them in your pipe for a hearty smoke.

    You're gaming the system to make it easier
    It's called strategy. Are you suggesting that we all have to battle Titan at the minimum required level with 2 tanks to clear it "legitimately"? Because that's what it sounds like.

    What the hell do you expect ilvl73 to be? You say someone sets a limit of 73, but 72 is OK because what, they geared in i70 gear?
    No I'm saying any person with a semblance of intelligence would ask the party leader if it was OK to join if they were a level or two below the requirement. I've lowered the cap to fit people in several times, all it takes is a polite /tell.
    (0)

  2. #2
    Player
    Gamemako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    795
    Character
    Elysia Mazda
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by blowfin View Post
    I don't need to do anything of the sort
    Clearly you do, or you wouldn't be hammering out an unnecessary requirement. Do you set up Ifrit HM requirements of ilvl80 because you're geared in ilvl80? No, you don't.

    Quote Originally Posted by blowfin View Post
    Sorry but that's inviting failure in more ways than one, and it's not the purpose of PF.
    Right, the purpose of the PF is so you can find people to carry you. Oh, wait, it isn't. The purpose of the PF is to promote server community and offer a party builder for content that has no DF, like Hydra and BC.

    Quote Originally Posted by blowfin View Post
    I wanted to clear Titan in the most efficient way possible and you're telling me I'm a bad player? That my friend, is the definition of a scrub.
    Pretty sure asking a bunch of overgeared players to carry you is a clear indication that you're a bad player.

    Quote Originally Posted by blowfin View Post
    It's called strategy.
    You might as well say bringing two PLD in 2.0 was a "strategy", because you were totally losing something by not taking a WAR. No, you're taking a non-standard party because it's better due to a glaring design oversight. There's no strategy involved, unless you consider picking an ilvl90 over ilvl10 weapon to be a strategy.

    Quote Originally Posted by blowfin View Post
    No I'm saying any person with a semblance of intelligence would ask the party leader if it was OK to join if they were a level or two below the requirement. I've lowered the cap to fit people in several times, all it takes is a polite /tell.
    Oh, right, you put up an ilvl73 requirement totally knowing what it was and then let in everybody below it because you realized that your requirement is absolutely idiotic. Or maybe you just didn't think the slightest about what ilvl73 even means. Certainly the latter.
    (3)
    Last edited by Gamemako; 01-10-2014 at 08:24 PM.