Results 1 to 10 of 60

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Player
    CyrilLucifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,393
    Character
    Holy Emmerololth
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolvag View Post
    Hi
    my opnions is, that all this term are meaningless as long as others can comprehand them.
    Ofc there will be legacy and other vet. players of Final Fantasy universe and they will be using FF terms, but as long as FF:ARR atract players from other MMO there still will be /whisper , GUILD and other stuff. Peoples are just lazy (including myself) and dont want learn terms over and over thats a fact.
    Except I can't understand when people tell me to use "mez" instead of "Sleep." I had also never heard the term "pat" before and was wondering what it even meant before someone mentioned it in a completely unrelated conversation. "los" was also a wierd one that I finally figured out. I've played TERA and FFXI before now.

    Sometimes there are barriers in communication; it's up to those who use the foreign terms to adapt to the current game.
    (1)
    Last edited by CyrilLucifer; 09-13-2013 at 06:51 PM.

  2. #2
    Player
    Rolvag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    47
    Character
    Atel Deghoul
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by CyrilLucifer View Post
    Except I can't understand when people tell me to use "mez" instead of "Sleep." I had also never heard the term "pat" before and was wondering what it even meant before someone mentioned it in a completely unrelated conversation. "los" was also a wierd one that I finally figured out. I've played TERA and FFXI before now.

    Sometimes there are barriers in communication; it's up to those who use the foreign terms to adapt to the current game.
    to be honest, i didnt heard terms as "mez" or "pat" before but for me its ok i have no problem to ask others what means "mez" etc. Imho best "shortcut" for me is using "CC" (crowd control) so i dont neet rewrite each class specifics but that isnt isue at FF since sleep is only one "reliable" there.

    ATM game is still new so little understandings on comunity-language should be enought

    btw just for fun : when i played SC2 it took me 2 days before I figured what they means with "cheesing"
    (0)

Tags for this Thread