Results 1 to 10 of 229

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Player
    TabrisOmbrelame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    514
    Character
    Relnoria Thelysea
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Martynek View Post
    You are not being forced to include Ninjas in your groups to be able to play the game. You are, however, forced to bring a healer. What if I want to play the game with my friends, but none of us want to play a healer? Should we just have to give in and knowingly subject one another to mental torture?
    Other people do not like the things you do. Get over it.
    This is a problem here because the healing role is so absurdly homogenised to the point that there might as well be only a single job within it - To further elaborate on that:

    I want to put together a group for a raid.

    I do not want to play a job that has frantic, high APM weaving windows every minute. I do not have to bring a Gunbreaker.
    I do not want to play a job that has a rotation that is almost entirely expressed through powerful GCDs, with very infrequent usage of oGCD attacks. I do not have to bring a Warrior.
    I do not want to play a job that is exclusively melee-ranged, with no way of keeping active at a distance. I do not have to bring a Monk.
    I do not want to play a job that has a large amount of reliance on RNG to determine the flow of its rotation. I do not have to bring a Dancer.
    I do not want to play a job with long cast times and little freeform mobility. I do not have to bring a Black Mage.
    I do not want to play a job that spends 90% of its time pressing a single button, and another 9% of the time keeping up a single DoT. Well too bad, you WILL bring two healers. This is not optional.

    So. Remove the healing role and improve the defensive toolkits of the remaining jobs to allow them to do without. It wouldn't even take a drastic redesign of the game systems or content.
    Only thing I see there is : "I do not want to play a job...."

    You could have said : "I do not want to play." this would be the exact same.

    Your personnal opinion on a job is a thing, every people should accept that other don't want to play a thing or not. But to just remove a class from the game because you don't like it ? I think people who like it will have much more weight over you. And even if those people keep complaining about healers, it's because they actually care of the Healer's role.

    Silverbane put a good exemple with Melee DPS. It's not his playstyle, he don't like melee, maybe for various reason, who knows ? But he didn't advocate for removing Melee DPS, even by "having experience" with them.

    If you want a game where healer isn't necessary, change game. What do you expect us to say aside from that, honestly ?

    EDIT : Ransu, that's a sick burn. You made me laugh so hard. Thank you for making my day, mate
    (4)
    Last edited by TabrisOmbrelame; 05-28-2022 at 01:28 AM.