Results 1 to 10 of 961

Dev. Posts

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Player saevel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,350
    Ok ... you guys realize the newer weapons are not better then most of the current Mythics / Emps / Relics right? You don't make those weapons for the high base D you make them for their special effects.

    Rag
    +14% Crit Rate
    occasionally does 2.5x damage

    Mythic Polearm
    Makes jumps crit
    AM: attacks 2~3x, can proc on WS

    Almace
    CDC
    AM: ODD

    Vara
    VS
    AM: ODD

    Spharai
    +14% Counter rate
    occasionally does 3.0x damage

    Those are the real power behind those weapons and the entire reason their so awesome.

    Mandau is still best main hand for THF. You still get MS, occasionally does 3.0x damage and attack +40.
    (3)
    Last edited by saevel; 04-04-2013 at 11:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

    Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

  2. #2
    Player Asymptotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    656
    Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Ok ... you guys realize the newer weapons are not better then most of the current Mythics / Emps / Relics right? You don't make those weapons for the high base D you make them for their special effects.

    Rag
    +14% Crit Rate
    occasionally does 2.5x damage

    Mythic Polearm
    Makes jumps crit
    AM: attacks 2~3x, can proc on WS

    Almace
    CDC
    AM: ODD

    Vara
    VS
    AM: ODD

    Spharai
    +14% Counter rate
    occasionally does 3.0x damage

    Those are the real power behind those weapons and the entire reason their so awesome.

    Mandau is still best main hand for THF. You still get MS, occasionally does 3.0x damage and attack +40.
    Actually, people made them because they had some of the highest base damage available on weapons of their type *and* had special effects. The new H2H absolutely invalidates Spharai, +14 to counter and the the hidden effect does not even come close to making up for it.
    (3)

  3. #3
    Player scaevola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    728
    Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    This change makes me feel bad for pchan.

    Let that sink in.
    (1)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

  4. #4
    Player MarkovChain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Windy
    Posts
    1,429
    Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by scaevola View Post
    This change makes me feel bad for pchan.

    Let that sink in.
    Don't be to jealous like half of BG. For me an afterglow is about the same work as getting a relic for the average dynamis soloer, so actually I don't care. I always find it hilarous when losers like you make fun of people with better gear "because they wasted so much money". I mean, it's almost as if the noobs are thinking that this weapon is going to be more accessible than a level 99 relic ?
    (0)

    Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

  5. #5
    Player Karbuncle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,314
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    Don't be to jealous like half of BG. For me an afterglow is about the same work as getting a relic for the average dynamis soloer, so actually I don't care. I always find it hilarous when losers like you make fun of people with better gear "because they wasted so much money". I mean, it's almost as if the noobs are thinking that this weapon is going to be more accessible than a level 99 relic ?
    Pretty sure he wasn't belittling your achievement, and more actually saying "I kinda feel sorry for Pchan", and the "Let that sink in" part was in regards to the fact he's saying "These weapons are so powerful its actually making me feel bad for pchan or all people".

    More of an insult to you and less of an insult to the work you put into the weapon.
    (5)

  6. #6
    Player Losie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    33
    Character
    Losie
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 75
    Quote Originally Posted by Asymptotic View Post
    Actually, people made them because they had some of the highest base damage available on weapons of their type *and* had special effects. The new H2H absolutely invalidates Spharai, +14 to counter and the the hidden effect does not even come close to making up for it.
    Good. The damn relics have lorded over this game and put an arbitrary barrier on making new and exciting items for everyone in the game that doesn't want to relic grind. If you got your relic like some of us have, then awesome, great, cool beans buttered jeans. Now deal with the growth of the game, deal with it becoming outdated, and move on! There's so much "don't take my achievement away," but that's entirely the wrong mindset. When I played EQ you didn't whine because an encounter or flag requirement was made easier, or better gear came out, you got the thrill of being first, of having it, knowing it'd be easier to do in time or be outdated. I don't get why people feel their one item should be the end-all-beat-all *forever.*
    (3)

  7. #7
    Player Densetsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2
    Character
    Densetsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Some people here are obviously new here, and when I say new I mean post-2009 FFXI so I'll explain to you why some people on here are very passionate about r/m/e,

    It was SE themselves who stated, the game was NOT going past 75 and that relics and mythics were all there was to be FOREVER. Don't say we relic holders put a barrier up, take it up with SE and the "Welcome to 75, this is CAP bitches!" I have been playing since day two Japan release, not importer, I lived in Japan 1999-2003. There was talk of going all the way to level 250, yeah bet you didn't know that, but we got to 75 and the brakes got put on.
    It took me a total of three and a half years to build two relics pre-abby, utilizing all my resources, time and friends to do so. I am talking waking up at odd hours of the night to do dynamis, crafting, hustling, swindling, scheming, damn near cheating, I mean relics used to be a reason for people to flat out hate you in real life! That's time. Time I won't get back. We invested this time because it used to be the "only the few will possess!". If SE said, "hey these weapons are the best at 75 but there may be better weapons on the horizon", hell if they would have warned us the level cap may one day get lifted, no one, I mean no one here would be complaining. We were told this was it, level 75, don't expect anything else. This isn't about some E-peen, or being first, this is about time spent doing what SE stated only a few adventures would ever do. SE hyped all this then BAM, new content and level raise blasted in the face. So please stop blaming us, the r/m/e community for drinking the cool-aid that the SE poured us. Once again, this isn't EQ, WOW, Aion, SWOTR, or any other MMO, this is FFXI, where you work on stuff that takes months and years and it shows while your partying and hunting with your peers, not standing in god damn PJ!

    Side note, You know, it has always been my theory they halted development on XI to work on XIV and that's why we got stuck at 75. It's right around the time the started talking about the new MMO they were making.
    (5)
    I play FFXI because of weapon skills, magic burst, and skill chains. Seriously, just ask Bob!!

  8. #8
    Player Asymptotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    656
    Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Losie View Post
    Good. The damn relics have lorded over this game and put an arbitrary barrier on making new and exciting items for everyone in the game that doesn't want to relic grind. If you got your relic like some of us have, then awesome, great, cool beans buttered jeans. Now deal with the growth of the game, deal with it becoming outdated, and move on! There's so much "don't take my achievement away," but that's entirely the wrong mindset. When I played EQ you didn't whine because an encounter or flag requirement was made easier, or better gear came out, you got the thrill of being first, of having it, knowing it'd be easier to do in time or be outdated. I don't get why people feel their one item should be the end-all-beat-all *forever.*
    They've already stated they're going to do something to 99 RMEs, so I don't know what you're getting all excited about. If you weren't capable of making a 99 RME before, chances are you won't have access to these new weapons either so good luck with that. Enjoy your AH weapons!

    Also, your argument is stupid. Keeping prestige weapons the top of their niche in no way takes away SE's ability to make new and desirable weapons that are either useful for non-prestige owners, situationally useful for prestige-owners, or both. A good example is Murasamemaru. It doesn't blow any of the prestige weapons away under normal conditions, but where it's useful, it's amazing. I have a 99 Terpsichore and a 99 Twashtar. Under normal conditions, I dual-wield them both - but I have myriad other daggers that I equip under other situations. Do I need to evade? I wield Twash/Evasion dagger. Do I need haste more than anything? Twashtar/Oynos. Other weapons that I use or would use situationally include but are not limited to Pugiunclus and STR Thokcha. Daggers are actually a great example because they recently released Aluh Jambiyah, an AH-buyable option which was still behind RME for pretty much all purposes, but it was still a highly competitive option for players who play more casually or picked up a job on the side.
    (6)
    Last edited by Asymptotic; 04-06-2013 at 02:33 AM.

Tags for this Thread