Results 1 to 10 of 26

Dev. Posts

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Player Karbuncle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyandra View Post
    Well then, if that's the case then you wouldn't mind if the capacity points campaign or double skirmish drop campaigns were just one day instead of the week or so they give us, because then it would be more fair. Yes, it's not a big deal if you don't need it or won't benefit from it, but for those of us that do it gives us less time to benefit from it. I could care less for capacity points; I'd rather they limit that than something that's of more importance to some people.
    No, and thats an irrational argument.

    He's completely right. Its not SEs job or responsibility to find all of their players and make sure their schedules coincide with their events. They've done this skill up campaign twice now, once split over a week at certain times which didn't go well for a lot of folks, not its all done in a single 24 hour day.

    They're giving us the entire day to do it, which is an improvement no mater how you look at it over the last one. Anyone can see why they do not want this campaign to last for a week or so, since half of their responses to stacking items to 99 and other such inquiries revolve around the economy. Can you imagine the economy if suddenly every was spamming up as many crafts as possible over the course of a double skill up week? It would implode on itself.

    So, Yes, its not SE's job to make sure all of its thousands of players are able to be online for a scheduled event, they take balance/crap into consideration and they make the best choice possible, hell I imagine since this is on a friday they tried to make it the most common/populated day so they could get everyone they could.

    Seriously. you people just choose not to see the thought going into these events, and instead shake your "SE is satan" pitchforks like they're concocting new ways to screw you over.

    Chill out.

    Edit: Although I do like the guys idea of just sending us all "Double Skill Up" rings, perhaps 24 charges, 1 hour each.
    (1)

  2. #2
    Player Lyandra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    26
    Character
    Lyandra
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    No, and thats an irrational argument.

    *snip*

    Chill out.

    Edit: Although I do like the guys idea of just sending us all "Double Skill Up" rings, perhaps 24 charges, 1 hour each.
    It's not irrational, it's justified. I'm currently leveling my alt's crafts up to 70, and painfully trying to get my main's smithing to 70 as well. While I am not disputing the awesomeness and loving nature of S-E's gesture (they certainly didn't have to put a crafting campaign in, did they?) , one day is not enough time to get what I want to work on done. Yes, I will be crafting the majority of the day, making use of the time I get, but comparatively it's not the same as the 5-10 days other campaigns get. Maybe because crafting is a solo affair vs most other stuff needing parties or alliances? Who knows? I'm just saying a few days would be nice (and yes it IS an improvement over the last time, you don't have to bite my head off).
    (0)

  3. #3
    Player Zarchery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,412
    Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyandra View Post
    It's not irrational, it's justified. I'm currently leveling my alt's crafts up to 70, and painfully trying to get my main's smithing to 70 as well. While I am not disputing the awesomeness and loving nature of S-E's gesture (they certainly didn't have to put a crafting campaign in, did they?) , one day is not enough time to get what I want to work on done. Yes, I will be crafting the majority of the day, making use of the time I get, but comparatively it's not the same as the 5-10 days other campaigns get. Maybe because crafting is a solo affair vs most other stuff needing parties or alliances? Who knows? I'm just saying a few days would be nice (and yes it IS an improvement over the last time, you don't have to bite my head off).
    Why do you feel it's necessary to do all your crafting within the timespan of this campaign? I did Alchemy to 110, Synergy 80, and every other craft to 70, all without any sort of double skillup campaign. I'm not saying the campaign is a bad thing, but skilling up without one is not that bad.

    Your best bet is to do the cheap and easy stuff -- levelling everything up to 50 and the cheaper crafts (anything but Goldsmithing and Smithing) outside of the campaign, and really use the boost from this campaign to save some money on those more difficult 50+ stretches.
    (2)

  4. #4
    Player Lyandra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    26
    Character
    Lyandra
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    Why do you feel it's necessary to do all your crafting within the timespan of this campaign?...Your best bet is to do the cheap and easy stuff -- levelling everything up to 50 and the cheaper crafts (anything but Goldsmithing and Smithing) outside of the campaign, and really use the boost from this campaign to save some money on those more difficult 50+ stretches.
    I never said I was waiting for this campaign for that specifically; I've leveled all of my main character's skills to 70+ well over a year ago (besides smithing /cry) and am currently working on my alt's skills. He just hit Cooking 90, gonna hit 100 by Friday (oh yeah!) and have everything else 20-30. And I know to buy cheap mats from NPCs and farm the rest, so money/availability isn't an issue. I was just wanting to take advantage of a timely event but not be limited by such a short window, is all.
    (0)

  5. #5
    Player Karbuncle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyandra View Post
    It's not irrational, it's justified. I'm currently leveling my alt's crafts up to 70, and painfully trying to get my main's smithing to 70 as well. While I am not disputing the awesomeness and loving nature of S-E's gesture (they certainly didn't have to put a crafting campaign in, did they?) , one day is not enough time to get what I want to work on done. Yes, I will be crafting the majority of the day, making use of the time I get, but comparatively it's not the same as the 5-10 days other campaigns get. Maybe because crafting is a solo affair vs most other stuff needing parties or alliances? Who knows? I'm just saying a few days would be nice (and yes it IS an improvement over the last time, you don't have to bite my head off).
    i only bite when i see teeth :O!

    That said, I can't say I entirely agree, this campaign is limited for a reason, though obviously we wont have consensus on if its a good reason... but I like to think a 24 hour day is better than nothing. Still I do admit the ring idea on the previous page is pretty amazing.
    (1)