Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37
  1. #11
    Player Puck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    232
    Character
    Kheper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    if the xbone has backwards compatibility, it won't be a huge issue.
    Oh, you haven't heard? It's like one of the first things they announced about the XBox one.

    Head of Microsoft's Xbox division Don Mattrick has spoken out to say the Xbox One not featuring backwards compatibility is not much of an issue.

    Speaking with The Wall Street Journal, Mattrick said only 5 percent of gamers play past-generation titles on new machines.

    Thus, it would not make sense to invest time and resources into creating technology to allow gamers to play older games on the Xbox One, he said.

    "If you're backwards compatible, you're really backwards," he said.


    The Xbox One will not support Xbox 360 games and Xbox Live Arcade titles players have purchased over the years will not be compatible on the next-generation platform.
    (1)

  2. #12
    Player Alhanelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    11,638
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    Oh, you haven't heard? It's like one of the first things they announced about the XBox one.
    I really don't give a rats behind about the xbone, I'll never buy one, and I haven't paid attention to any of the news. That's what I distinctly included the word "if" in my post.
    (0)

  3. #13
    Player BigPapaBlueJay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    103
    Character
    Squabble
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonsky View Post
    Rumor around the web is Microsoft is ending support for the 360 in 2015~2016 and then the 360 will not be able to get online anymore. Anyone know if SE plans on bringing FFXI to the new consoles? Right now I dual box on two 360's. There is no way my wife is going to let me buy 2 PC's to keep playing this game when the 360 support ends.
    Buy one PC and dual box.
    (0)

  4. #14
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ru'Lude Gardens!
    Posts
    4,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I really don't give a rats behind about the xbone, I'll never buy one, and I haven't paid attention to any of the news. That's what I distinctly included the word "if" in my post.
    That's why people are informing you, stop becoming aggressive because people reply to your post with information you lacked when making it.
    (3)

  5. #15
    Player Zumi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    900
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    if the xbone has backwards compatibility, it won't be a huge issue. I have heard that they're considering new platforms, though ive also later heard about them falling through (e.g. ps vita port- but that probably fell through because nobody has a vita)
    Xbox One does not have backwards compatibility. 360 use a tri core Power PC CPU, while Xbox One uses an AMD 8 core x86 architecture. Games written for Power PC will have no way of working on a x86 CPU.

    One of MS head executives made a statement that you are backwards if you want backward compatibility as well, so there is your answer.

    MS typically takes down the online 5 years after the next system is out the question would be will FFXI be around then?
    (0)

  6. #16
    Player Infidi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sandy
    Posts
    283
    Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I can't play Jedi Academy online anymore?!
    (0)

  7. #17
    Player Mirage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    Xbox One does not have backwards compatibility. 360 use a tri core Power PC CPU, while Xbox One uses an AMD 8 core x86 architecture. Games written for Power PC will have no way of working on a x86 CPU.

    One of MS head executives made a statement that you are backwards if you want backward compatibility as well, so there is your answer.

    MS typically takes down the online 5 years after the next system is out the question would be will FFXI be around then?
    It is hard to call anything "typical", when it has happened once before. Maybe it'll be 5 years, maybe it won't.
    (0)

  8. #18
    Player
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United states
    Posts
    588
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    Oh, you haven't heard? It's like one of the first things they announced about the XBox one.
    well when you make your next gen console unable to be backwards compatabile with every game in the first place of course your gonna see biased results like 5% when your considering backwards compatability, this is also coming from the same guy who said all games should require internet to be played. and that we live in a world where everyone is already connected to the internet (which is hugely false)
    (2)

  9. #19
    Player Raksha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,205
    Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    You have 2-3 years to save up for a pc. In fact, I bet you can find a friend who has a pc now who will upgrade in 2 years and you can snag his old one for free.

    Or really any pc made in the last 10 years will work fine.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

    LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

  10. #20
    Player OmnysValefor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Umichi View Post
    I think the gaming industry took a step backwards not making their games backward compatible anymore... I mean Nintendo does a good job with their games and they even created an emulator for their systems so they can sell their older games! I find it very dissapointing that developers don't wish for people to play their older games still...

    that or repony up for another copy of the game digitally... but i find that absurd vita failed cause of it imho.
    There have been rumors that the systems won't be supporting used games. No backwards-compatibility follows this mindset--and, if the rumors are true, it adds up pretty well.

    Basically, they want your money. They'll (both) spend you out of being able to change loyalty.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast