Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Character
    Jimb
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    I'm really starting to think Alhanelem just likes to debate everything. No matter how many agree or how good an idea is, he will ALWAYS debate against it for the sake of debating.

At this point, hes just another Pchan and any debate with him is pointless because he will ALWAYS disagree.
    (6)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimble View Post
    I'm really starting to think Alhanelem just likes to debate everything. No matter how many agree or how good an idea is, he will ALWAYS debate against it for the sake of debating.

At this point, hes just another Pchan and any debate with him is pointless because he will ALWAYS disagree.
    I don't "just like to debate everything," and I absolutely do not go against everything for the sake of debating. But because people such as yourself just assume and decide this is the case, even if I agree with something, I will get raged against and have people like you posting attacks against me (and writing almost as if you think i'm not there). I'm not "pchan" whoever that is, and I do not just automatically disagree with everything.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post

Wrong. SE stated on the Japanese forums that they are looking into making universal tools more available. One way in which they achieve this is through synthesis recipes.
    Which we know everyone will overcharge for.
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Player
    Which everyone will undercut *

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Umm... Magian staves ARE situational in the same manner as the elemental staves were. Each one benefits one element. They are the best item for one purpose, but not for another. Thus, they are situational. I really don't know what you're trying to say here. The decision I speak of is when you need one item for one situation and another item for another situation. "s**t's situational."
    Most people don't go for situational staffs. Therefore, it's not "Do I bring X staff or not" in most cases. It's "Do I bother making X staff or not." How difficult is that to understand?
    (5)
    Last edited by Yugl; 09-14-2011 at 10:38 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Which everyone will undercut *
    People won't make them much except for themselves unless they can make a profit.

Most people don't go for situational staffs.
    Oh really. Most people I know have elemental staves or have magian staves, all of which are situational. You do not see people using any of the staves that are built for multiple situations or are decent for overall use.

Whether or not you choose to make something has nothing to do with whether or not it's situational. More than likely, you will need more than one of those staves. Thus, they are situational. You might not need all of them, but you won't be using just one of them 100% of the time.

How difficult is that to understand?
    (0)

Character
    Jimb
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    So wait, wanting to do 30% more damage is situational now?
    (6)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    People won't make them much except for themselves unless they can make a profit.
    Are you honestly implying that undercutting means people can't make profit?
    Oh really. Most people I know have elemental staves or have magian staves, all of which are situational. You do not see people using any of the staves that are built for multiple situations or are decent for overall use.
    How many of them have all 8 magian staffs? How many are in the process of obtaining all 8? How many have stuck with the most important elements and called it?

Whether or not you choose to make something has nothing to do with whether or not it's situational.
    Lol? Of course it does. I'm not going to pursue a staff I'll use in 1% of my entire FFXI experience even if it is the best in that 1% scenario.

More than likely, you will need more than one of those staves. Thus, they are situational. You might not need all of them, but you won't be using just one of them 100% of the time.
    HA! Here's where I throw your logic back at you. If I can combine them into Avatar, Damage, and Magic Accuracy staff, I would still need more than one of those staffs. By your logic, that means they're situational. Since they're situation, SE should have no problem with doing that because we still need to pick some items over others. BAM!
    (4)

Player

Doesn't sound like the guy I know. He does always disagree, but he really does think he's right.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    So wait, wanting to do 30% more damage is situational now?
    No, wanting to do 30% more damage with element X vs wanting to do 30% more damage with element Y is situational.

Doesn't sound like the guy I know. He does always disagree, but he really does think he's right.
    False on both counts. I don't always disagree, nor do I think I'm always right.

Are you honestly implying that undercutting means people can't make profit?
    Yes, if they have to undercut below cost to make the tools cheaper than just using the normal ones. It all depends on how much the recipes cost. You won't sell the crafted universal tools if they end up costing too much above what the normal tools cost. I suppose some people will happily pay more for convenience, but others will buy whatever is cheapest.

Lol? Of course it does. I'm not going to pursue a staff I'll use in 1% of my entire FFXI experience even if it is the best in that 1% scenario.
    I'm not sure what you're saying here, but it sure doesn't have to do with whether something is situational or not. If something is good in 1% of situations, that's still a situation and the item is still good for it, hence the word SITUATIONAL. Unless you only EVER need one out of the 8 staves, then yes, they're situational. Just because that situation isn't common enough for you to move your lazy behind to get it, doesn't mean the item doesn't have a situational benefit.

HA! Here's where I throw your logic back at you. If I can combine them into Avatar, Damage, and Magic Accuracy staff, I would still need more than one of those staffs. By your logic, that means they're situational. Since they're situation, SE should have no problem with doing that because we still need to pick some items over others. BAM!
    HAH! Here's where you failed to throw my logic right back at me, because your statement makes no sense! If you could combine all of the staves you neeed into one, it would no longer be situational, because you would not still need more than one of those staves. By my logic, that means it's NOT situational! BAM!

NOT situational = Something that is good all-around, and does not need to be swapped out for something else.
    situational = something that is useful but does not cover all the bases and must be swapped for another item when a specific situation calls for it.

Do you only need one staff for general use? Then it's not situational. Do you need multiple staves for different purposes? Then they are situational. How hard is this to understand?

If I had a staff that boosted all elements in all ways as you described, then why would I need more staves? What would those other staves do?

How many of them have all 8 magian staffs? How many are in the process of obtaining all 8? How many have stuck with the most important elements and called it?
    If you don't have all 8 staves or aren't pursuing all 8, then that simply means you have no need of the situational benefit that the ones you didn't get offer. it doesn't suddenly strip the term "situational" from the list of words that would describe them.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 09-14-2011 at 12:13 PM.

Player
    If I had a damage staff, I'm not using it to cast break. If I had an accuracy staff, I'm not using it to cast Blizzard IV. So... it's still situational.
    (4)

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast