Player
    Character
    M'ete'leskum B'leskum
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlanderx View Post
    ... along with gear being put back into chest in a random spot. makes something that should be extremely easy and fast. a pain.
    The way the gear set changing is "handled" is messed up so badly! See my (already accepted) Gear Set Bug report and also related Inventory Bug report. Especially the Gear set bug is pretty annyoing as it keeps constantly loading the wrong gear items (incorrect materia set, level of wear or spirit bonding) so it makes my blood boil every time I need to change such affected gear sets now
    (1)

Greetings,

There have been quite a few requests to improve the gear set system, so that it can address situations where you use the same type of item but with different materia attached to them. Below is a comment from Hiroshi Minagawa about plans to address this.

By the way, those of you discussing GP will want to check out the patch 2.15 patch notes when they go live!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroshi_Minagawa View Post
    Hello,

We are currently working to address the below additions to the gear set feature in patch 2.2.
    • Addition of the below data to the gear set information saved
      • Materia status for each piece of equipment
        *Amount, type, melding order
      • Vanity system status for each piece of equipment
        *The vanity system is a new feature planned for patch 2.2.
      • Color of dye for each piece of equipment
        *This is currently saved and checked in 2.1.
    • Additional matching processes for the above information when changing gear sets
      1. Equipment of the same type that has the most materia will be applied.
      2. In the event there are multiple pieces of equipment with the same materia status, equipment with the same vanity and dye status will take priority.
      3. And in the very rare case that there are multiples of this, priority will be given to the equipment that is first in your Armoury Chest.
    By addressing gear sets in this way, it will become easier to apply changes when equipment that was saved to a gear set is changed. This way there will be no issues if you change the color of your equipment or add materia to your equipment after the fact.
    * We are still performing implementation and functionality checks, so there is a possibility that processes are changed or added.
    • Reference
      Similar to other standard MMOs, FFXIV is set up in a way that each item's specific ID is not sent to the client. For various reasons such as cutting back on communication bandwidth and as a countermeasure against the duplication and alteration of data, this is something that we will not be changing.
      * The specific ID is double the data size of the classification ID used for gear sets.

While it would be possible to completely eliminate all the issues surrounding gear sets by creating a gear set system with the specific IDs just like offline games, there are a lot of dangers associated with MMOs when it comes to implementing processes that use ID data, which is why we've created the current system.
    (28)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Wiggly Pinworms
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    I wish GP was better too. I wish you had given us information on GP, more than check back 2.15 patch notes.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Adol Giantbane
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    While it would be possible to completely eliminate all the issues surrounding gear sets by creating a gear set system with the specific IDs just like offline games, there are a lot of dangers associated with MMOs when it comes to implementing processes that use ID data, which is why we've created the current system.
    Or you could maybe store the gear sets on the server.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    M'ete'leskum B'leskum
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    There have been quite a few requests to improve the gear set system, so that it can address situations where you use the same type of item but with different materia attached to them.
    While it's nice this is being finally somehow addresses what about the level of spirit bonding and / or wear level? Many players are using multiply sets with (some of the) identical items for spiritbonding or as a quick replace of weared gear in the middle of the dungeons or quests - this will not resolve such issues at all.

1.Equipment of the same type that has the most materia will be applied.
    NOOOO! This will actually make the things even worse - looks like devs have either missunderstood the issue or are simply ingnoring it. We don't want system to "choose" for us what it think is "best" - we want it to load EXACTLY what has been saved to the actual gear set (and we don't care about your poor excuses about increased server traffic load etc.)! If you have one gear (let's say for crafting) with full materia melded for high level crafts and then another set with (some of) the same items without materia in it for the low & mid range crafts and you're also using it for spirit bonding purposes it will never load the set without materia anymore after this "fix". This is a BAD "fix"!! Please do not implement it or at least make it optional in the setings. We're already wasting enough time now by re-assigning half of the gear set after almost each change *sigh*

The crafting set above was used just as an example - same goes for any multiply DoW / DoM sets with the similar purposes.
    (3)
    Last edited by HEC; 01-21-2014 at 09:02 PM.

Player
    Character
    Yalka Azelka
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    NOOOO! This will actually make the things even worse - looks like devs have either missunderstood the issue or are simply ingnoring it.
    I think you've missed the crucial point in the previous section of that post:

We are currently working to address the below additions to the gear set feature in patch 2.2.

•Addition of the below data to the gear set information saved
    •Materia status for each piece of equipment
    If the gear set holds this information, presumably they can match the item exactly? My understanding of the point you quoted was that where an exact match isn't available, the most melded piece will be picked first.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    M'ete'leskum B'leskum
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Chalor View Post
    I think you've missed the crucial point in the previous section of that post:
    If the gear set holds this information, presumably they can match the item exactly? My understanding of the point you quoted was that where an exact match isn't available, the most melded piece will be picked first.
    I did indeed read the whole post a few times carefully and while your presumption would be the most desirable / logical one I'm affraid that alternative interpretation is possible as well:

"We will store the additional data like materia status" AND (at the same time) use it to "apply the equipment tham has most materia in it".

While I most centairly hope for the former after all the past experiences with SE I'm affraid they'd actually implement the latter - though I'd be more than glad proven wrong - maybe some additional clarificatoin from devs about this will be in place here ...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Natiya Kyska
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlanderx View Post
    4. No Tackle Box for fishing. with a ton of Bait needed for fishing
    Woot, someone actually cares about FSH. Bravo! Personally I'd love to see FSH given something to actually spend their GP on. As it stands, it's a worthless attribute. Just one of the many problems with the class...
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Annika Mill
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by HEC View Post
    I did indeed read the whole post a few times carefully and while your presumption would be the most desirable / logical one I'm affraid that alternative interpretation is possible as well:

"We will store the additional data like materia status" AND (at the same time) use it to "apply the equipment tham has most materia in it".

While I most centairly hope for the former after all the past experiences with SE I'm affraid they'd actually implement the latter - though I'd be more than glad proven wrong - maybe some additional clarificatoin from devs about this will be in place here ...
    I'm pretty sure it means what he said it means

Addition of the below data to the gear set information saved

Materia status for each piece of equipment

Which means it will distinguish items based on materia as well and will be able to tell a part 2 identical items one with materia and one without or 2 identical items with different materia
    (0)

Player
    Character
    M'ete'leskum B'leskum
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Soylent View Post
    I'm pretty sure it means what he said it means
    Based on what? And WHAT exactly does it mean actually??

The "key" sentence being "•Additional matching processes for the above information when changing gear sets" the quite (if most not most) "logical" way to read it would be as I've already described above - e.g. the (additional) gear item information saved (info above that sentence) will be used to perform the actions listed below the sentence (amongst others the unwanted "1.Equipment of the same type that has the most materia will be applied" action).
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast