Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Hemlock Evergreen
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    The players who claim they have no time learn a proper rotation are often the same who have all the time in the world to meticulously arrange furniture in their house using lifting glitches or doing ther same dungeon unsynced over and over hunting down very specific glamours. Sometimes people are just not reeeeally interested in high end content, but they still wanna be carried through it anyway.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Liam Harper
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by KikiTia View Post
    It's because a lot of people in the community understand that not everyone who plays has the time to understand an optimal rotation. When you work 9 hours a day doing something horrible to yourself like customer service, the last thing you wanna worry about is pushing out maximum dps. But besides this, trust me when I say that a newbie is not going to learn how to be "good" at the game when the community alienates them for being "bad." They'll just not want to play the game and quit.
    There's a few things I disagree with here. Working a 9 hour day does not prevent you from saying "Oh, Cure I is bad? That makes sense, I'll Cure II more" or "I didn't realize Ice Mage was that much of a dps loss, I'll look into it". Nor does it prevent you from taking a little time to read over a job guide. No one mentioned max dps either, just not viewing terrible gameplay as good. It's a fact that many good players work long jobs and many terrible players are unemployed and have all the free time they want. It's down to player mentality more than free time. Some players want to contribute, some don't care.
    Obviously a new player shouldn't be harassed or abused, that breaks ToS by itself, but if someone told them they're playing wrong and why, or told them how to improve and asked them to try it, I disagree they'd simply quit the game.

The real reason is because it's a mindset the developers have unintentionally fostered and developed.

There are a group of players who are easily tempted to put in the bare minimum. That's just how they are. They can play harder games, they'll just put in the bare minimum but still enough to succeed. They'll grumble and complain, but they're enjoying it enough to keep playing. Making content easier does not make that type of player better because no matter how low the bare minimum is, they'll go that low. If you can beat content even by playing terribly, they'll play terribly.
    The issue the devs have is that they perceive a player doing the bare minimum as "struggling" and get caught up in an endless struggle of their own to make the content easier for the player they think is struggling. It's a battle they can never win. Ever.

Secondly, the ToS enables and justifies playing badly. The ToS protects a player from having their performance being brought into question. This is meant to prevent player exclusion, but in reality it makes players who don't want to contribute to their team or care feel like the devs have their back and approve of their laziness. It makes them feel that lazy play is how you're meant to play, after all the devs have a ToS that justifies and enforces it!

Overall this is why the community not only accepts being bad, they approve of it and look down on and belittle players wanting to be good. It's a strange sort of toxicity that looks nice on the surface but has some rather disturbing depths when you dig into it.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Vrajitoare Upir
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by IckeDerTyp View Post
    Coz we're all special snowflakes and are basically scared of being banned for giving advice to people.

Which is really effed up, honestly!

Welcome to present day gaming tho! :'D
    Whose been banned for giving advice to people?
    (1)
    I can't wait to watch your ego bleed
    Your pain will set me free

Player
    Character
    Relnoria Thelysea
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Upirlikhyi View Post
    Whose been banned for giving advice to people?
    Well, it's not exactly "giving advice" to people that lead to a ban, but more "Forcing a player to a playstyle they don't want" and in a agressive behavior like : "Pull more ! It's the norm, so do it."

Giving advice is fine if the receiver is ok with it, but you may (or already have) encounter "You don't pay my sub" type of player, and because of the ToS you can't say shit to them because it will be considered as Harassment

People who don't want to progress, or become better are usually "You don't pay my sub". But their is also some player who really want to go chill and just enjoy the fun, not do a Sastacha speed run in 5 minutes (For them, I highly suggest the new "Solo" system implemented)
    (1)
    Last edited by TabrisOmbrelame; 05-23-2022 at 08:00 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2