Player
    Character
    Mevari Navalo
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteArchmage View Post
    All we know is it's an instanced area, involves minions and actual farming. What I worry is its availability: Will every character have a personal island? If it's limited like housing, then it may have actual decoration and customization, if it's more widely vailable, it may have some customization but probably not actual decorating.

What I want to know is if it'll be personal, or locked so you have to be in an FC to have an island and the island is the FC's property, not the individual player's.
    If it's instanced, I see no reason why they would limit its availability. It likely won't even be tied to being in an FC or anything like that. The question of its availability will more likely be at what point in the MSQ can you access it. Does it unlock in ARR at a low level, or do you have to get to Endwalker to unlock it?

Additionally, instances in FFXIV are all timed. AFK in them too long and they kick you out. This might be the case with this, too, which would make it not the "sit in a chair and AFK" type of area that housing currently is.
    (4)

"Mevari, the Blue Mage spell 'Eruption' is not an instrument."
    "Yes it is, and I'm going to use 21 of them."

Player
    Character
    Laethoran Arventi
    World
    Sophia
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    If it's just gardening and animal husbandry, it's a hard pass.

I want to be able to build a farm / house on it too.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lala Felon
    World
    Zurvan
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    One of the reasons they gave us for no new housing was a lack of server capacity. Housing needs that.

Verminion farming will be a little less server intensive than housing one imagines - less people in it, so the server resources can be stretched out, and next to zero customisation so it's simple in terms of CPU and memory.
    (0)
    やはり、お前は……笑顔が……イイ

Player
    Character
    Lorelai Oshidari
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I personally am iffy on the concept. I do like the idea but I am nervous for what it could ultimately affect. For example, if it is "garden plots for all" with no restriction on what can be grown...MB prices are gonna plummet and basically destroy an income for those who are heavily into gardening right now. Like, some cross breeds take weeks to grow and harvest, so having it turn into a free-for-all will make it pointless to even grow those types of plants for selling purposes (T. Onions for example).

Personally, I think it should still be locked behind owning some sort of housing (be it apartment through to mansion) or being a part of an FC. I think it would actually be a great activity for FCs to do as a whole, like someone said above..similar to a private Restoration thing with a twist. The entire FC could contribute to a ranking system and shape what their farm looks like (pick options for how it looks like you can with the church during Eternal Bonding).

I'm gonna wait to hear what they say about it though, I'm just cautious of how far they're going to take this.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Okami Amaterasuu
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Personally I'm hoping that the Island Sanctuaries will end up as something Stardew Valley-esque that involves clearing out an overgrown farm and slowly remodeling it into something actually functioning.

It would also be nice if the degree of customization was at a level where every Island Sanctuary won't look the exact same when maxed out, but I might have my hopes too high in that regard.

I'm also hoping our friends can come to our sanctuary, because if it ends up as just a solo instance that nobody can join then that'll be pretty lame.
    (4)

Watching forum drama be like

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogempire View Post
    Personally I'm hoping that the Island Sanctuaries will end up as something Stardew Valley-esque that involves clearing out an overgrown farm and slowly remodeling it into something actually functioning.

It would also be nice if the degree of customization was at a level where every Island Sanctuary won't look the exact same when maxed out, but I might have my hopes too high in that regard.

I'm also hoping our friends can come to our sanctuary, because if it ends up as just a solo instance that nobody can join then that'll be pretty lame.
    They referred to it as "mostly solo content", which I read as meaning other players will be able to visit but not able to do anything while there other than look around.

With what little they've shared so far, I'm not seeing any more reason to visit another player's Island Sanctuary than I had to visit another player's WoW Garrison. That was limited to certain NPCs appearing in another player's Garrison that weren't available in your own but you needed to get something from them. If I just want to chat with a friend who is in their Sanctuary, I don't have to be sitting around bored in their Sanctuary to do it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yasuo Theunforgiven
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    depends on how they implement it. Can I raise mounts on there to create new mounts? can I breed new animals to create new minions? can I customize the layout? is it going to be instance or they going to pull a housing and have us own little islands that we can either swim to or take a boat to see each others island setups? I need more info before I can get on board.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thalia Beckford
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverObi View Post
    Mog Garden

The scant details they've given so far sound very much like the features available in XI's personal island sanctuaries.
    "Euthanize your creature and collect rewards from it."

WTF

I hope we don't get that
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Thalia Beckford
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogempire View Post

I like that idea. It was fun watching Doma come together.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kurenai Tenshi
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SturmChurro View Post
    If anyone expects that, that's expecting A LOT, I think. Watered down variants that have nowhere near actual gameplay? Sure.

Clicking on nodes and very little else is exactly what I am expecting..
    That is my concern as well. They'll spend all this time and resources developing something that boils down to "visit a couple times a week at most and click a few things." Kind of like Beast Tribes or "new" Diadem. Hopefully, that isn't the case and they do focus on long term depth. Alas, longevity has not been a strong suit in this game's content.
    (1)
    "Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters."
    "The silence is your answer."

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast