Player
    Character
    Chuchuru Churu
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80

Island Sanctuary Appreciation Thread

I've been meaning to do this since I first watched the Showcase. But hadn't gotten around to.

I am more excited for Island Sanctuary than anything else revealed in Endwalker! I've been asking for content like this for years! And took a very, very long time to get caught up on the Main Scenario, because I was too busy doing things like fishing and farming. Not that meta slang MMO "farming", I mean farming! Going out and spending hours, without a guide, looking for various nodes around Eorzea, feeling a sense of discovery of what items lie in wait.

I spent hundreds of hours doing this, and I love disciples of hand and land! I remember asking for more content like this and wanting it for years. I like growing crops and things like that.

Some of my favourite games of all time are Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, Animal Crossing, and Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin. I grew up on the original Bokujou Monogatari/"Harvest Moon" on the SNES. And after that, I always wanted more games like it. I was also addicted to Animal Crossing: New Horizons for months after it came out. To the point that I missed out on a lot of Final Fantasy XIV.

I can hardly put into words how excited I am about the opportunity to have more such content! I think MMORPGs need things like this. Content doesn't need to be all about combat, people's lives are more than about fighting! MMORPGs should be about crafting virtual worlds that feel real that people want to come live in.

And being able to raise crops and animals and things like that makes the world more immersive! Sadly, being stuck on an island won't make you feel more integrated into Eorzea proper necessarily. But you can still feel more attached to the world when you've done things like raise crops inside of it.

Since 1.0, we had been teased about, and I had been disappointed that we never got more of such content like Shepard Disciple of Land. Now, we're finally getting some of what I dreamed of.

Honestly, the made the Showcase for me. And means the world to me as an Adventurer.
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Tal Young
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    I'd say I'm tentatively looking forward to it, a lot will depend on just what is in included in it though.

Might be a lot of good stuff in there, but we're rather light on detail at the moment, which to be fair is as you'd expect for the initial announcement.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Light Khah
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Honestly for me right now its also the content that I am looking forward the most. Other than doing battle content like PotD I mostly craft and gather in this game (and run treasure maps). I just like to take it relaxed since I am not much of a fan of group content or content that is limited in time.

I hope that its decent enough and that the amount of time that its needed to release is a hint at how big it will be and not that they have barely worked on it.

So yes will keep the biggest amount of hype in check until we get more information but it was the highlight of the event for me.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Mica Zerrshia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Outside of the msq, this is what I am looking forward to as well. But after 10 years and many disappointments, I am being cautiously optimistic about it. There have been other ideas out there that sounded wonderful but were just very plain, boring or just a rehash of already existing content. Look how many "great new systems" we were getting that just turned out to be fates. This has amazing potential though so I just hope they don't swing and miss, but part of me is concerned this will just be a mini, solo diadem.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Looking forward to it, but it's difficult where to place the hype since we know so little. Cautiously optimistic. Hopefully they strike a nice balance of content and pacing, so it's not like 'ultimate for DoH' (for 1% of the population) and it's also not so barren and so hyper casual that it is then a void with nothing do, progress, see, or experience. It sounds like it will have a number of interesting ideas, and they've done some neat stuff with the concept before (FFXI mog garden) so potentially if they modernized and then also expanded upon that then it's looking very good in terms of potential.

Since we've no idea I'm not sure I'm suggesting things antithesis to the content but I hope there is a lot of upgrading and such, like some of those other games you mentioned (OP) or games like it- and of course people who draw parallels to Garrison also like that content, where you might not have a windmill in the beginning but it's something to build towards (beyond looking neat, the windmill, it may provide it's own opportunities for growth and or at least features). I hope the content does well so it doesn't get abandoned. Kind of hoping that if it does very well that they may consider a similar concept with airships.

Then again it's very hard to know where to put the hype train since we know only a few details. Good luck to us and SE lol. Hope it's successful
    (2)
    Last edited by Shougun; 03-06-2021 at 12:59 AM.

6. 03-06-2021 01:30 AM

Player
    Character
    Aelin Ashriver
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    I really hope the animals proportions are good and they dont look like freaks like so many things in this game xD
    I also really love the harvest moon/story of seasons games, animal crossing got very samey for me due to the lack of animal rearing I think. And getting the blue roses I wanted! Yikes!! And I am not buying cards to get the residents I want no tyy
    I hope they make it in depth and a nice way to make gil on top of it. If they had instanced housing with it too its a dream come true. Would love to make furnishings with things produced on the island etc
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Arctura Fengari
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    While I appreciate this, it isn't out yet, and we have no idea what it will be. Until we see any kind of a preview, I have no idea what to expect. This thread would have been better on launch day for the content.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Mirabelle Weaver
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Watch it be a copy paste of farmville that'll require real world money
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Chuchuru Churu
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    I mean, yes, it isn't out yet. It, along with anything coming out in Endwalkers could be a disappointment. But the idea is very appealing, and I prefer to remain positive!

The fact that they're interested in making such things is a good sign. It's okay to get a bit excited! And imagine what could be.
    (5)

Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    If it's closer to Stardew Valley and Harvest Moon, I'll be happy.

I'm not expecting much beyond my disappointment of the revamped Diadem which literally was a case of clicking on nodes and very little else.
    (3)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast