Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Asher Ro
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 15
    Yep, I'm having it too. What is the point of paying for a game you can't play. I too have tried everything :

- uninstalled basically every other app on my pc
    - reinstalled Steam Loader
    - reinstalled Steam Full Game
    - upgrade AMD drivers
    - downgrade AMD drivers,
    - DX9
    - turn off firewall
    - remove all start up apps
    - restart DWM

Nothing works.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sevi Mountaigneant
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 71
    How did you enable DX9 for it , can't seem to do that myself ?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Suicidal Lanox
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 32
    im having the same issue with directx 11 it baffles me that a bug of 2 years still exist no wonder the playerbase is decreasing
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sevi Mountaigneant
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 71
    Well for what it's worth I fixed my issue ,

The game started just doing instant CTD's aswell . Turned out the problem in my case was the fact that I had the game installed on a steam folder on a seperate SSD. I reinstalled for the 4th time but this time in my main drive and now it's all good again.

Maybe the game couldn't load the data from the external SDD quick enough I dunno. Still seems weird I could acces whole of ARR , HW and main SB quest without any issues but as soon as post SB content started issues happened.

Anyway hope this helps some other people too !
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vallen Morgenstern
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Same happened to me today.

It happened after it told me, my password was wrong, but pretty sure I typed it out correctly...

Edit: I restarted my router earlier, and this crash happens every now and then upon first login.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lumia Larksong
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    Happening to me too. Game is unplayable. Crashes only when I log in to certain characters. Fixed it once by reinstalling the game. Pretty annoying that I have to do that agaaain though. Very annoyed by this and making me regret getting back into the game again. If my friends didn't play and I didn't have a house I'd probably just quit.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Snakku Pakku
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80

DX11 Errors Resolved

Hello! I was recently suffering from DX11 crashes like the ones in this thread and referred to it for help while fixing my problem. I've never had trouble with the game before until after upgrading my PC (motherboard, RAM, SSD, basically everything except my GPU) I started having crashes only in FFXIV and no other games.

I should note my crashes specifically involved me being in crowded areas or anything graphically intensive, otherwise it was (for the most part) stable. I tried all the usual: reinstalled my drivers, my game, windows itself, removed any programs that might have conflicts like reshade, and nothing worked.

After much trouble, I finally found the problem: the settings for my RAM in my system's BIOS. I'm not a computer expert so my understanding is limited by from friends who helped me it seemed that my system was attempting to run higher than what it was capable of which resulted in FFXIV crashing constantly with DX11 errors. I had to read into my motherboard and RAM's capabilities to find out the numbers and had a friend go in and help me set it right. Lo and behold I have no more crashes and no more issues.

If you're having troubles with the game still I suggest you to look into if it may be some kind of hardware issue. Find someone that can help you look and check these settings if you have no idea how to do that. I do NOT recommend changing anything in your BIOS without help!!

I really hope this helps someone out and saves them from the month of stress I had to go through trying to resolve this!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bellatrix Lystrange
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Brand NEW COMPUTER, not even two weeks old and I get random DCs back to the lobby. I never had this issue on my old computer, how can I tell if it is S-E or possibly my computer?
    (1)
    See Ya!

Character
    Wren Blackwing
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 90
    Same problem here.
    Has been going on for approximately two months now. If I stay within a zone, the game will continue functioning for five to thirty minutes before it crashes. If I attempt to teleport or enter a new zone, it automatically crashes on Loading Screen entry. I have not attempted any other activity simply because I have no idea if it will crash because of Combat or Cutscene, or if it will be just because of the game's execution. The only place I have not had a crash occur has been when I've been in the Crystarium Inn Room (the one accessed via The Pendants - current streak of no crashes is 3.5 hours, before I had to shut computer down for Windows updates). Each time the crash has occurred, some variant of the following has been displayed. On hitting 'Okay,' the game closes - but depending on where I am, sometimes I'll have that error on my screen and still be able to move around and interact with the world I'm loaded into.

"An unexpected error has occurred. Exiting FINAL FANTASY XIV.
    <current date and time>
    ffxiv_dx11.exe+1297DD7
    ffxiv_dx11.exe+12113C09
    ffxiv_dx11.exe+45359C
    ffxiv_dx11.exe+18D1C2
    ffxiv_dx11.exe+12DE419
    KERNEL32.DLL+17BD4
    ntdll.dll+6CE51"

Sometimes it's swapped out KERNEL32 and ntdll.dll with a few extra ffxiv_dx11 strings, other times the ntdll.dll strings are the entire list of errors.
    I have attempted to fix this issue through the following:
    ++Uninstall & Reinstall the Game
    ++Uninstall, Delete All Documents Still On Computer, Reinstall
    ++Adjusted NVIDIA control panel, change game graphical settings to lowest possible at Title Screen
    ++Updated all drivers
    ++Disabled full screen optimization
    ++Defragged computer
    ++Uninstalled and Reinstalled DirectX11
    ++Attempted to run game on DX9
    ++Uninstalled, Reinstalled, and attempted DX9
    ++Ran as Administrator
    ++Turned Off Firewall
    ++Cleaned computer of all other applications, then attempted to run
    ++Gave up for two weeks, tried again later, hoped that it was a hiccup
    ++attempted to acquire a crash log to see which files were having the issue - no dice, apparently FFXIV has an internal system that crashes the game on detecting a problem. Verified this with another game as well, so I know I was doing the crash-log process correctly.
    ++gave up, went into BIOS settings, told the RAM to get the fuck over itself
    ++gave up again, used a recently factory-reset laptop on a lark. Noticeable difference: This attempt, the game ran fine for 2 hours... Then crashed with a variant of the above message.

I'm this close to seeing if the machine spirits are real and trying to apply ritual ointments and binary prayers to the Omnissiah.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Nojra Camoa
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 87
    After pulling my hair out trying about 15 or so "fixes", the thing that finally ended up working for me was updating/flashing my motherboard's BIOS to the latest firmware.
    Turns out it was really in need of an update, it was at 1.XX and I updated to 4.XX.
    If you've tried everything else, maybe consider this. Just know that it's (potentially) dangerous to your hardware/might cause additional problems if something goes wrong so try it at your own risk and do some research beforehand. I am not responsible for anything bad that may happen.
    I've gone 5 days in a row now with zero crashes after averaging maybe 2-6 per day before doing this. I don't know exactly why it worked, but it worked. No more dx11/ntdll/kernel32 nonsense.
    (0)

Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast