Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heavensward Free Company Recruitment Contest (EU) - Discussion Thread

Please feel free to use this thread to discuss the Heavensward Free Company Recruitment Contest and practice submitting your entries.

The full contest details and rules can be found here.

When you are ready to make your entry, please do so by posting in the appropriate World entry thread.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cirra Maru
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Am I able to record some music tracks in game for use in this video? I have the soundtracks but I don't know how to move them so I can use them in video editing .
    (0)

Community Rep EU_Community_Team's Avatar
    Greetings,

Quote Originally Posted by Chiramu View Post
    Am I able to record some music tracks in game for use in this video? I have the soundtracks but I don't know how to move them so I can use them in video editing .
    As long as the video features only in-game music from FFXIV that complies with the Material Usage License Agreement then that's fine.

As stated in the rules, when posting on YouTube please make sure to list all of the music used in your entry in the order that the tracks appear in the video within the YouTube video description.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sephaistos Eum
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    How should we handle the following situation?
    We had video material for quite a lot of stuff but then one fellow of our FC decided to join another FC and the rules say not to have people outside of FC. She was with our FC during the recordings so does that count or do we need to re-record stuff?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yukiko Kei
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    Hey just wanted to ask if we are allowed to use the track playing when riding a fat chocobo. Cant find what its called, so if we are allowed can you also share the name of it so that we can add it on the list of themes used?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Evenstar Wanderlust
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    a. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebkSPxJAAv4
    b. Phantas Magoria
    c. Phoenix
    d. Evenstar Wanderlust
    e. 19:00 to 23:00 CEST
    f. We are a group of players who have banded together to enjoy playing this game as friends. We mainly cater to the mature player, players who have time restraints, a family, spouses and/or a full-time job. We know real life commitments are a priority and we respect that.

Our first goal is to provide a friendly, stress free environment in which to enjoy the game. How you choose to spend your gaming time is up to you. Our second goal is to experience everything the game has to offer without making it feel like a job or an obligation. Our policies are crafted to reward those who put in the extra effort while recognizing that real life commitments are a priority.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Baazen Amitri
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Hello

We made a drawing of our Free company's crest for the video. I'm just here to make sure that it is allowed. It's still easily recognizable as the guild crest, so I'm just to make sure (bad experiences from another games video contests, you can never be too through.)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leo Trotsky
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    Is it allowed to speed up the audio, make in-game tracks faster?
    (0)

Community Rep EU_Community_Team's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zandervont View Post
    How should we handle the following situation?
    We had video material for quite a lot of stuff but then one fellow of our FC decided to join another FC and the rules say not to have people outside of FC. She was with our FC during the recordings so does that count or do we need to re-record stuff?
    If the user who has left the Free Company agreed to appear in the video then that should not cause any issues. However, please bear in mind that prizes will only be awarded to each member of winning Free Companies at the entry cut-off date of the Contest. If that user is no longer a member of your Free Company they will not be eligible to receive a prize should your video be selected as a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by YukikoKei View Post
    Hey just wanted to ask if we are allowed to use the track playing when riding a fat chocobo. Cant find what its called, so if we are allowed can you also share the name of it so that we can add it on the list of themes used?
    Although the background music when played whilst riding the fat chocobo mount has not been included in any official FFXIV soundtrack yet, it is in-game music, and therefore would be classified as audio from FINAL FANTASY XIV as per the Materials Usage License Agreement.
    So, in short, yes, that should be fine!
    If you would like to include the fat chocobo theme in your video, please list the track as “FFXIV Fat Chocobo Theme” in the video description.

Quote Originally Posted by Baazero View Post
    Hello
    We made a drawing of our Free company's crest for the video. I'm just here to make sure that it is allowed. It's still easily recognizable as the guild crest, so I'm just to make sure (bad experiences from another games video contests, you can never be too through.)
    When possible please use in-game footage, as outlined in the rules. Using the Free Company crest from in-game would be totally fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Trotsky View Post
    Is it allowed to speed up the audio, make in-game tracks faster?
    Sorry, but no. Please refrain from making any adjustments to the FFXIV music tracks in your video
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Baazen Amitri
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by EU_Community_Team View Post

When possible please use in-game footage, as outlined in the rules. Using the Free Company crest from in-game would be totally fine.
    http://i.imgur.com/lJS4u48.png If it's like this, is this allowable?
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast