Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    and lower Aw'aern repop too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soranika View Post
    How about pop one nm, kill it, then run to the next, kill it, then run back.
    because you do it as a "ls event" and already have a team on each NM?
    (0)

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Brolic View Post
    Empyreans and relics fetch a heavier price that hasn’t stopped shortened ??? and entrance times. Collective punishment, ok!
    Because those areas force you on a time limit. Before people knew about lights and weakness procing in Abyssea, time was constantly an issue. You couldn't idle around in abyssea, nor Dynamis, so it made sense to make the most of your time and SE saw there. You are no restricted time limit in sea.

But ah, I see how these topics go in the forums.
    Some one yells foul when they have to wait several hours than expected on an NM trial, reduce time. Kinda understandable.
    Some one waits 15 minutes for SEA spawn areas because that's considered a waste of time? Sheer spoiled in abyssea.

Soon some one will want to reduce time spawns on monsters that take 75 hours, or even the ones that take 21-24 hours to spawn. Hell, let's reduced them all to 1 hour. Wait, that's too long for in an area no one visits, let's reduce them to 5 minutes.

Cause seriously, why wait to kill some one not many people are hunting? Really, that's the excuse I'm getting here. Soon you'll want BCNMs that you can only do once every campaign tally removed. NMs that spawn on specific times? Why, remove that too. As it stands, a lot of you support the ability warp to nearly, if not all, every zone in the game with ease, even if they've never been visited the area or completed the necessary quest/missions to gain access.

You know what, about the game just read every ones thoughts and does everything we command. You know, SE, give us a /spawn command that let use spawn the NM or any mobs we want without having to wait or travel at all. [/exaggerated rant]
    (0)
    Main Job: SMN95 <Hvergelmir 85 obtained 9/10/11>
    Side Jobs: WHM95 DNC95
    Gimp Jobs: SCH95 NIN95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikryo View Post
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    and lower Aw'aern repop too.

because you do it as a "ls event" and already have a team on each NM?
    Because I did do LS events at AV and we were doing them 2 times a night, usually twice a week for a month because several members spent two-three days getting their own pops without a full LS killing EVERY nm in a day for a full AV pop.
    (0)
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by cidbahamut View Post
    Why is correcting shitty game design taboo?
    If it's "shitty" game design, why stick around to begin with? I'm up for changes, but like I said before, the day the game no longer give me that sense of accomplishment and achievement, I'm bouncing. I'm sure everyone else will just like to pay to have their things handed to them, I didn't join or continue to play FFXI for that.

Waiting 15 minutes is hard. No, I'm sorry, it's "time consuming and boring"~ Give me a break.
    (0)

Player
    If it's "shitty" game design, why stick around to begin with?
    Because I enjoy other aspects of the game despite there being bad design choices that yet linger.

I'm up for changes, but like I said before, the day the game no longer give me that sense of accomplishment and achievement, I'm bouncing. I'm sure everyone else will just like to pay to have their things handed to them, I didn't join or continue to play FFXI for that.
    Hyperbole much? If having to sit on your ass waiting for the spawn point to repop is what gives you a sense of accomplishment, then you need to re-evaluate your priorities, both in-game and in life.

Waiting 15 minutes is hard. No, I'm sorry, it's "time consuming and boring"~ Give me a break.
    Yes, it is time consuming, boring and adds absolutely nothing to the gaming experience. It is bad game design. Give me a reason to believe it is anything other than bad game design.
    (1)

Character
    Kimikryo
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    Normaly I'd say "Boo you for saying quit the game if you want to change something" but

This isnt a "shitty game design". I do not know how they decided for 15 minutes, nor do I care. 15 Minutes are nothing. in Sea going afk for 15 minutes at a random place can still kill a 95. There are enough mobs to play with that also give exp and with some luck some drops for sea gear.

What IS falling under shitty game design, including areas that put one part to baby mode but puts others to ultra hard mode. Gaining levels is easy now, yes. Doing early genkais became harder thanks to the mobs that can easly kill a 95 in an area like Crawlers Nest. it takes of the fun part of doing early genkai. while it WAS annoying to get ancient papyrus and exoray mold thanks to low drops, now you need to watch out as helper not to get eaten by mobs that normaly would have been no problem

(1)

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by cidbahamut View Post
    Hyperbole much? If having to sit on your ass waiting for the spawn point to repop is what gives you a sense of accomplishment, then you need to re-evaluate your priorities, both in-game and in life.
    Really? Because in my line of work, I have to sit around and take care of paper work, finish up training courses so I can pass certification test, and a slew of other stuff within the office while waiting on my clients to show up in life.

In game, I talk to friends, kill surrounding enemies, do something else or kill time while farming/camping NMs for whatever, or even take care of in life stuff, like eating, shitting, looking at tv, maybe clean up something. You know, things that should take priority over the game. It's really simple, find something else to do with the time.

Yes, it is time consuming, boring and adds absolutely nothing to the gaming experience. It is bad game design. Give me a reason to believe it is anything other than bad game design.
    It's an MMO, it's design to be time consuming because it's meant to be a second identity to life in a fantasy world. That sounds like a bad argument that people use not to craft.

But you know what, I concede. It's bound to happen in a SEA revival anyway, whatever.
    (2)

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    LOL omg, can I use that in my sig? Cause I ride public buses all the time.
    (0)

Waiting 15 minutes for something to spawn, so you can enter an area in which is rarely played anymore and by waiting I don't mean walking to the zone or anything, I mean just standing there looking at the ground for 15 minutes. That's suppose to be normal?

What's the problem with them lowering the time anyways? Do you do SEA? I don't see how any of this ruins the game in anyway, all it does is improve the game. Why do you want to wait 15 minutes doing absolutely nothing? Waiting 15 minutes doesn't make you l33t pr0.

Sorry, I just don't get how wasting less time is a bad thing.
    (1)

Player
    An arbitrary 15 minute wait adds nothing to the game and serves only to degrade the overall experience of the game. If you can't wrap your heads around that simple reality then I really don't know what else to say.
    (3)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast