Player
    Character
    Zeto Negi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Perhaps I'm wrong, but from what I've seen thus far the CP materia are a waste of slots. The amount even a materia IV will add is utterly negligible compared to comes on the gear, and nowhere near enough to make a difference. My current priority is Control > Craftsmanship > CP.
    A few CP can be the difference between an extra Master's Mend II or an extra Steady Hand(II). Since Tricks of the Trade returns 20 and Steady Hand(II) costs 22/25 every 2/5 CP is like an extra one and if you've been crafting a lot, you've probably noticed the times when you're a few CP short of doing whatever action you want and have to settle for something inferior instead, not guaranteeing a HQ.

Quote Originally Posted by SedoSan View Post
    Hmm, so the only options we have is in the offhand tool?
    19 Craftsman, 7+ Control and 3 CP

With 5 slots maximum, to cap craftsmanship we need 3x Craftsman IV, 1x Craftsman I (or 3x Craftsman III, 1x Craftsman II)
    to cap control we need at least 2 slots (1x Control IV, 1x Control III), then finally 1x CP III.
    So theoretically we need at least 7 slots to cap stats on the offhand. And this being a single slot item (it will be very expensive to successfully meld all 5 slots!)
    So, what is the best route to go here >.>
    ControlIV ControlIII CPIII done
    Craftsmanship is kinda useless at high levels outside of giving you access to synths. You won't really see a difference when you're finishing synths in 2-3 actions, depending on if its a 40/80 durability item, under ingenuity(II).
    (4)
    たまねぎララフェル

Player
    Character
    Integra Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Control - Cp - Craft, nothing other than that for me. I only need craftmanship until i get 117 crafting progress which means i can 2 shot progressbar. Anything more is wasted. And anyway why not using cp since most of the items get capped with craftmanship and control anyway so there is nothing else you could melt.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nanaa Mihgo
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I use CP Materia in my shared gear (belt/rings/neck ect) and with that and food i get to around 370 CP, which is more than enough to HQ one star mats on my unmelded professions armor. Don't underestimate the value of CP.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Amelia Varon
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 50
    I pretty did whatever.

Stuck Craftsmanship wherever until I hit 347 (I really don't need more), then I just stick materias anywhere until I hit a cap, then I stick the other one.

Tbqh any bonus stat I can get is a bonus I don't really need.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rhaegar Paendrag
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    So AF Crafting gear... is this what you are calling the 1 star Crafting gear? Or are there blues out there?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by RhaegarPaendrag View Post
    So AF Crafting gear... is this what you are calling the 1 star Crafting gear?
    Yes. It's faster and easier than saying anything else, since it doesn't really have a general name.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eccho Lied
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Due to materia stat caps, you have little actual choice in what you meld onto your gear. I only care about the best-of-the-best, so here's the materia stat cap list for DoH HQ AF (and the best HQ accessories).

You sir. are god. That is all.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arthur Highwind
    World
    Gungnir
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Due to materia stat caps, you have little actual choice in what you meld onto your gear. I only care about the best-of-the-best, so here's the materia stat cap list for DoH HQ AF (and the best HQ accessories).

Body (HQ AF): 16 Craftsmanship; 5 Control; 0 CP
    What would be the optimum meld for the body?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Searious View Post
    What would be the optimum meld for the body?
    I didn't list it, since it's your call as to which order you meld in, and there's a few different options. I'm not even sure which one I would suggest since I haven't max-melded any body yet (though I have done all the rest, except offhand of course).

Option 1:
    Craftsmanship IV (+6 Craft)
    Control III (+3 Control)
    Craftsmanship III (+5 Craft)
    Craftsmanship III (+5 Craft)
    Control II (+2 Control)

This option has the advantage of having less reliance on Tier-4 materia.

Option 2:
    Control III (+3 Control)
    Control II (+2 Control)
    Craftsmanship II (+4 Craft)

This option has the advantage of using cheaper materia on the forbidden melds, so you don't blow up as much cash.

Each option is equally valid, and will get you to the same stats. The choice is yours. There are other options you could use (such as using Control IV and I, instead of III and II for either option), but I consider the above two to be the best ones when taking materia prices and availability into account.

I've updated my earlier post to reflect this information, as well as the optimum melds for the accessories.
    (5)
    Last edited by Raldo; 10-05-2013 at 03:05 PM.

Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetonegi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SedoSan View Post
    With 5 slots maximum, to cap craftsmanship we need 3x Craftsman IV, 1x Craftsman I (or 3x Craftsman III, 1x Craftsman II)
    to cap control we need at least 2 slots (1x Control IV, 1x Control III), then finally 1x CP III.
    So theoretically we need at least 7 slots to cap stats on the offhand. And this being a single slot item (it will be very expensive to successfully meld all 5 slots!)
    So, what is the best route to go here >.>
    ControlIV ControlIII CPIII done
    Craftsmanship is kinda useless at high levels outside of giving you access to synths. You won't really see a difference when you're finishing synths in 2-3 actions, depending on if its a 40/80 durability item, under ingenuity(II).
    Erroneous. My Militia Offhand tool has two Tier IV control materia and is yet willing to accept more.
    (0)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast