Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Player

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
    The whole time, from the time where rangers were the solution to everything to when they were put in their rightful place in the game. I'm guessing you didn't play in 2003, because you want the same mistakes.
    Nerfing Archer and removing ranged attacks from certain mobs are two different things. There's absolutely no reason for every single mob in the game to have a ranged attack.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Ayerc Atreides
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
    The whole time, from the time where rangers were the solution to everything to when they were put in their rightful place in the game. I'm guessing you didn't play in 2003, because you want the same mistakes.
    I did play in 2003, and I don't mind archers one bit, even though I was a DRG at the time. They made a big sacrifice to their pocketbooks to play as they did back then. Arrows were expensive, and the mats to create them weren't much cheaper. That means they had to devote a lot of their time to farming and generating money, just like NIN did in order to blink tank. An acceptable trade off in my opinion.

Now, the economy in XIV isn't as prohibitive as it was in XI, but that's a separate issue all together. And Archers in XIV aren't as overpowered vs. melee inXIV either.
    (2)

Dear S-E,
    Your s#!% has improved, but it's not quite there yet...you might want to see to that.
    Thanks.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Rentahamster View Post
    Yep. Not much point to using positioning and strategy if the mob can still hit me regardless of what I do.

Whatever happened to this:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/#/game...ar/lancer/role

"using the long reach of their polearms, lancers are able to deal devastating damage from a position of relative safety".
    That's just stupid hype like the majority of information that was thrown at us before release. SE doesn't know that you don't hype a game with mechanics that are "planned" for the future, you hype it with what you'll release it with.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    We checked on this issue with the dev. team and have some details to report about the whole "every enemy having range attack" issue. While it's not a bug, it is something that the dev. team feels isn't very fitting with the rest of Eorzea. When they looked into remedying the situation, they discovered a new issue that needed to be addressed. So the plan now is to address the new issue first so that they're able to make adjustments to the ranged attack issue.
    What new issue could have possibly arised from this?
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mack View Post
    That's just stupid hype like the majority of information that was thrown at us before release. SE doesn't know that you don't hype a game with mechanics that are "planned" for the future, you hype it with what you'll release it with.
    Stupid hype that my dumb ass fell for. You said there would be strategy SE.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jayvir Deforte
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Demacia View Post
    Nerfing Archer and removing ranged attacks from certain mobs are two different things. There's absolutely no reason for every single mob in the game to have a ranged attack.
    This is EXACTLY my point.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Etoile Kallera
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Possibly Either kiting (Having the brave gladiator run around while the mob is picked off, with mere taunts keeping it running in circles.)
    or binding.(-GA spamming camps, Archer firing squad.)

Druids in EQ used to only know soloing, taking high level monsters and dragging them around, getting tons of exp in one drop.

You could have mobs that drag the player back to them, give the mob provoke/hate reset skills, or raise resistance to bind each time it is applied. I'm sure there are other solutions.
    (3)
    Last edited by Kallera; 04-29-2011 at 09:26 AM.

One would say it has to do with the current system itself that would need to be redone, attack patterns, calculations etc.
    (0)

Player

I used to love kiting mobs in FFXI as BST or RDM, never tried RNG but anyone that says it was "easy mode" either needed to find harder targets or never tried it. Soloing anything worthwhile actually took management of abilities, cooldowns and actually paying attention to the battle. Hell in FFXIV I can barely look at the screen, mash the same key on the controller and look; OMG I WIN!!! As lackluster as the current system is the ability to actually use tactics and strategy would be a godsend.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallera View Post
    Possibly Either kiting (Having the brave gladiator run around while the mob is picked off, with mere taunts keeping it running in circles.)
    or binding.(-GA spamming camps, Archer firing squad.)

Druids in EQ used to only know soloing, taking high level monsters and dragging them around, getting tons of exp in one drop.

You could have mobs that drag the player back to them, give the mob provoke/hate reset skills, or raise resistance to bind each time it is applied. I'm sure there are other solutions.
    Diminishing returns basically.
    (0)

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast