Player
    Character
    Syrune Soulshade
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 17

Driver Stopped Responding Crashes (GTX 660TI)

I'm using an Nvidia GTX 660TI. I have no problems whatsoever in any other game I've played in the last month ranging from Aion, to Witcher 2, Skyrim, etc. Gameplay in FFXIV has been flawless for the last few days, however twice today I got crashes about an hour or so apart. The screen goes black, and the 'nvidia kernel driver has stopped responding, blah blah' message pops up. After this happens, FPS in the game goes to hell but the game itself doesn't close/crash. It just starts running horribly until I close it and rerun the game. I recently got/installed the 660TI gpu so it's running on the 306.97 drivers that came on the installation CD. I've read that other people have been having a similar problem.

What should I do about this? I thought about upgrading the drivers, but it seemed to be happening to people with new drivers as well. Any ideas? ;x
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Weyolia Fasfurl
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60

"nvidia windows kernel mode driver stopped responding 314.22 restarted sucsefully"

I have the same error and it happens within 15min of starting my PC. I have a lesser good graphics card. Nvidia Geforce 540m. Driver is dated from 21/06/2013 version 9.18.13.2049. In Beta I was running fine and now on the production client I have the above error every 30-45min. And the game is not responding as well.

Having read some threads on Nvidia Forums am guessing FFXIV will need to ask Nvidia to fix this?

If there is a fix that anyone knows am a taker!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shiomi Shirogane
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    I use to have that problem, till i install 326.80 Beta Driver and it's fix.

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/65047
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Odin Berserkr
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    this problem is pretty common...not to any specific graphic card..seems pretty random imo...some people get it with the 660 and some dont...im one of the unlucky ones
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Saddy Hawkins
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 11
    This game uses a high load on your computer parts. I know I'm just repeating crap, but check your temps on your computer. Its just a suggestion that may help.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wren Fuoren
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 33
    The 320.49 drivers are unstable, if the beta update doesn't work roll back to the 314.22 driver and it should resolve.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ambition Nox
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    314.22 didnt work for me. I had to change my graphics card for this to stop altogether.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Weyolia Fasfurl
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60

SOLUTION! [Found it!]

OK, so after a week of fiddling around, the result to solve my error was this:

-Run a defrag on laptop
    -Delete all Temp files (Windows button + R, type %temp% And delete all items)
    -Updated nvidia driver (was prompted by the desktop "geforce experience") now running 320.49 driver
    -Changing the game settings to Full View instead of windowed mode.

OK the Windowed mode was very helpful to check info about items and dungeons etc.. But it's doable if you have a smart phone. So not the end of the world here. And besides the player base are helpful.

Since then, I have had no more problems. Game play is great!

(Of course if anyone else is playing on a laptop you might want to minimize your game play to a couple of hrs at a time. The overheating is very possible even after 15min!)

Hope this helps you all~
    (0)
    Last edited by Reithomeige; 09-04-2013 at 07:04 PM.

Player
    Character
    Thorlorin Dragonsbane
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Reithomeige View Post
    OK, so after a week of fiddling around, the result to solve my error was this:

-Run a defrag on laptop
    -Delete all Temp files (Windows button + R, type %temp% And delete all items)
    -Updated nvidia driver (was prompted by the desktop "geforce experience") now running 320.49 driver
    -Changing the game settings to Full View instead of windowed mode.

OK the Windowed mode was very helpful to check info about items and dungeons etc.. But it's doable if you have a smart phone. So not the end of the world here. And besides the player base are helpful.

Since then, I have had no more problems. Game play is great!

(Of course if anyone else is playing on a laptop you might want to minimize your game play to a couple of hrs at a time. The overheating is very possible even after 15min!)

Hope this helps you all~
    Stupid question, if you are gaming on a laptop, do you have a cooling pad for it?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Weyolia Fasfurl
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Yep I have one -and background programs like steam, googlechrome etc.. are stoped. Only game running open on full view.

I am aware laptops should not be used for ffxiv coz of the demand. But for now that is all I have. Tower PC will support better the rendering of the game.
    (0)