Player
    Character
    Dyne Ikapine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60

Bears

Alright. I have to know. We've seen that Miqo'te have a bear clan. Roegadyn have a word for Bear, and there's a Bear pvp armor. Where are the bears in Eorzea? Are there bears in other areas of Hydaelyn, and just not Eorzea?

Also, while we're on the subject: snakes. There's no snakes either. But we see the usage of bear and vipers in other places. Are these creatures simply not native to Eorzea, but are known to be beasts elsewhere in the world? Will we one day see them?
    (18)

Player
    Character
    Midge Momocha
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Bear is driving!

I would love to see snakes though, in all seriousness. There aren't enough snakes in MMOs in my opinion, I miss the little wiggly things I'd prod with my spear in EQ
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Dyne Ikapine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    There's always been snakes in Final fantasy games. Just not in the online games. but yeah, I'd like to know more about snakes too. But especially bears.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Y'ruh Tia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Diyne View Post
    There's always been snakes in Final fantasy games. Just not in the online games. but yeah, I'd like to know more about snakes too. But especially bears.
    Funny thing, XI has Lamiae (half-snake women) but not snakes. I think the lore suggests that Piestes are serpents, judging by names like Basilisk, but they have legs ; ;.

It's possible that, given the hilly terrain in MMOs, it's extremely difficult to include a snake that isn't at least somewhat glitchy at all times, if not extremely so. Wasn't there some form of snake item from spearfishing in 1.0, though?

I'd like to see a Zuu of the traditional variety in XIV, since XI gave the name "Zu" to some crappy birds in Mindartia.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    I'll save you Yoshida!

/casts Raise

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I got some grass vipers out fishing once. There's snakes.

I've yet to catch a bear... but then again I haven't been trying...

DIYNE - get some beehive chips and some pick-a-nick baskets and meet me in the Twelveswood!
    (11)
    "I shall refrain from making any further wild claims until such time as I have evidence."
    – Y'shtola

Player
    Character
    Dyne Ikapine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Oh right, there are grass vipers. But what about the nasty BEASTLY snakes!?

Okay, I've got the beehive chips. I'll need some time to synth up a pick-a-nick basket.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dyne Ikapine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Yeah, and we always call the birds condors/vultures in XIV as well. Old school, creepy Zuu's would be interesting.

I could see snakes as being hard to implement in MMO's, due to terrain issues. Having body parts sinking into the world constantly would definitely be disappointing. It would depend really on how they held themselves. We can look at say, roselets for an idea of a way to make them sit well with the terrain (hold most of their body up off of the ground, with only a small section being on the ground.) The alternative is them flying, which would be silly, unless they had wings. (which I won't go on about.)

Bears though, I could imagine some really terrifying implementations for bears. A paralyzing/fear causing bellowing roar, giant bear claws... They could be some shaggy nightmare fuel, man.
    (2)

If I was director/producer, not only would there be bear enemies, but there would be a playable bear race, lost bear civilizations complete with ancient bear technology, bear gods, and a bear-shaped collector's box.

But alas, I am not... However, that doesn't mean I can't take your requests to the Monster Team (how awesome would it be to have that on your business card).

Cross your fingers, and pray to the bear gods that one day the grizzlies will descend from the mountains so that we might slay them for their phat loots.
    (83)

Player
    Character
    Rikitiki Tavatiki
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    One can ask for no more, Brother Fernehalwes. Let the call sound forth! Let bears once again descend upon Eorzea and grace us with their presence!
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Doctor Beatbox
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernehalwes View Post
    If I was director/producer, not only would there be bear enemies, but there would be a playable bear race, lost bear civilizations complete with ancient bear technology, bear gods, and a bear-shaped collector's box.

But alas, I am not... However, that doesn't mean I can't take your requests to the Monster Team (how awesome would it be to have that on your business card).

Cross your fingers, and pray to the bear gods that one day the grizzlies will descend from the mountains so that we might slay them for their phat loots.
    I cannot bear to go another minute with this stuff not implemented into the game! Work your magic, Ferne! You can get it done!
    (3)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast