Player
    Character
    Masamune Branford
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70

Will World transfer allow legacy players to transfer to non-legacy worlds?

Per the live letter from the producer, we were told that a world transfer service should be available 2 to 3 weeks after the release of the game. I was wondering if this means that Legacy players will be able to transfer to non-legacy worlds at that point in time?

If this is allowed, why separate legacy players from new players to begin with? Can we just remove the hurdle? Obviously I know the reasoning behind the separation, but two weeks isn't going to solve a thing.

To be honest, I hate the fact that all legacy players are crowded into a very few amount of servers. I'd imagine those servers will fill up fast and prevent friends from being able to play together on the same server. I honestly feel it is in the best interest of the game for legacy players to migrate to other servers and help the newcomers. Trapping all of the experienced and passionate players on a very few amount of servers cannot possibly be good for the longevity of the game. Servers need passionate players to survive.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Max Wind
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 55
    I don't think legacy characters will be able to transfer to nonlegacy worlds for a couple of months. They want players in the nonlegacy world to catch up or the experienced legacy players could change the economy.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    There was something translated over on the beta forums:

"It says that the transfer between legacy servers and new servers won't be available at the time they said on the letter. They will evaluate when they can allow to make possible transfer between those kind of servers."

Original text:

こんにちは。

既に過去何度かお伝えしておりますが、改めてお伝えいたしますね。
    レガシーワールドから新規ワールドへのサーバー移転は当面の間不可です。

当面てどのくらいかという話であるとは思いますが、そこは実際にゲーム内の
    状況を見ながら判断するため現時点で確定しているものではありません。
    ただし数ヶ月単位で先の話だと認識していただいて問題ありません。

この点は当初にお伝えしていた計画から変更がありませんのでご安心ください。
    ワールド移転の細則については今後実際の導入が近づいたタイミングで
    改めて詳細にお知らせいたします。
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Santori Zhonets
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by MasamuneBranford View Post
    To be honest, I hate the fact that all legacy players are crowded into a very few amount of servers. I'd imagine those servers will fill up fast and prevent friends from being able to play together on the same server. I honestly feel it is in the best interest of the game for legacy players to migrate to other servers and help the newcomers. Trapping all of the experienced and passionate players on a very few amount of servers cannot possibly be good for the longevity of the game. Servers need passionate players to survive.
    Legacy/v1 aren't most passionate for the game. They were just first. I know a lot of PS3 people who were more excited than many PC gamers, at least until SE kneecapped them 5 months before v1 launch and again 2 months after.

I kind of understand what you're saying, but I think the only reason to pick a particular server is if your friends/LS/FC have made it their home. There will be new players on Legacy worlds and lots of helpful people on New worlds, including Legacy/v1 players who started new characters there. Plus the New worlds were promised as fresh start worlds, and that's a promise that needs to be kept.

Besides, I think all the phase 3 worlds could fill up fast, not just Legacy ones. It may even be inevitable. We filled them in phase 3 and kept playing, preventing at least half a million potential beta testers from getting in, according to Yoshi-P.

P.S. Oh, wow, sorry for the novel. I also planned to play Legacy char with friends on new worlds, but ultimately convinced myself that SE's plan was probably for the best.
    (0)
    Last edited by ArkhamNative; 08-13-2013 at 01:56 AM.