Player
    Character
    Terak Alonia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...-Updates/page3
    Bayohne of the Community Team said: Q27: When can overseas players join the Alpha Test?
    A27: The first phase of the Alpha Test has been completed, and we have managed to solve almost all of the issues when player numbers increase. We've made it possible to safely run the game with 800 people in a single area, but once it the area exceeds 800 people we've seen some heavy lag. Next week will not have an Alpha Test and we'll be focusing on fixing this. The week after if we are able to hold five days of tests with no issues, we will open Alpha globally on 11/26.

Note, there was an earlier post that said there are four phases to the Alpha Test and that Phase 2 (a Japanese Only test) was completed November 11th. Yoshida's reference to "five days" is the Phase 3 test. One of his posts called it "California Only." Some people think he meant it would only involve the California servers. Phase Four is what everyone is waiting for. and that is what he means by "we will open Alpha globally on 11/26."

Tomorrow is the official start of Phase 3 testing. However, as far as I know, no notices have gone out yet. My guess is either Midnight PST tonight.... or it is delayed.
    (0)

2. 11-19-2012 12:24 PM
    Reason
    nvm

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdndv View Post
    Bayohne of the Community Team said: Q27: When can overseas players join the Alpha Test?
    A27: The first phase of the Alpha Test has been completed, and we have managed to solve almost all of the issues when player numbers increase. We've made it possible to safely run the game with 800 people in a single area, but once it the area exceeds 800 people we've seen some heavy lag. Next week will not have an Alpha Test and we'll be focusing on fixing this. The week after if we are able to hold five days of tests with no issues, we will open Alpha globally on 11/26.

Note, there was an earlier post that said there are four phases to the Alpha Test and that Phase 2 (a Japanese Only test) was completed November 11th. Yoshida's reference to "five days" is the Phase 3 test. One of his posts called it "California Only." Some people think he meant it would only involve the California servers. Phase Four is what everyone is waiting for. and that is what he means by "we will open Alpha globally on 11/26."

Tomorrow is the official start of Phase 3 testing. However, as far as I know, no notices have gone out yet. My guess is either Midnight PST tonight.... or it is delayed.
    I think tomorrow is the start of phase 2 then phase 3 next week they be doing 5 test this week for phase 2 if that goes will then they would send alpha invite for everyone else starting next week.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zenaku; 11-19-2012 at 12:32 PM.
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Terak Alonia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    The 5 days ARE the test of the foreign server. These 5 days are described: "if we are able to hold five days of tests with no issues". This important test is the test "originally" called "third test" or "third phase test." It is very clear that this foreign server test will be held from Monday Nov 19 to Friday Nov 23.
    The final Alpha phase is the Global Test starting Nov 26. Now these dates are subject to change if the testing reveals major problems.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    The 5 days ARE the test of the foreign server. These 5 days are described: "if we are able to hold five days of tests with no issues". This important test is the test "originally" called "third test" or "third phase test." It is very clear that this foreign server test will be held from Monday Nov 19 to Friday Nov 23.
    The final Alpha phase is the Global Test starting Nov 26. Now these dates are subject to change if the testing reveals major problems.
    i see so 5days to test the foreign servers then we get our invite next week can't wait
    (0)
    Last edited by Zenaku; 11-19-2012 at 12:43 PM.
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Character
    Ryo Ruruzigo
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80

oh i see now thank you so much for this great info, so hopefully everything goes well the testing and no error happen so we can have invites by Monday
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Larek Darkholme
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    once again, don't all expect to get invites
    (0)

Larek Darkholme @ Ragnarok

8. 11-22-2012 01:28 PM