Player
    Character
    Dante Goldenpaws
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannigan View Post
    Being able to get White Ravens after the Dalamud storyline would be really stupid. Nael was created specifically for this storyline (where he first showed up as a GM-NPC) and so anything involving him will disappear along with that storyline. Hoping otherwise is kind of dumb. The earring itself will probably not even be that good in 2.0 so it's basically just a trophy for people who are able to beat him with 1.0's battle system.
    I really don't see how it's any different from the story rewards in FFXI (CoP/ToAU Rings, Divine Might Earring, WotG Earring, etc.) other than they chose to move the reward to an additional sidequest similar to DM, only much much harder (DM was never all that hard just needed people to be competent - Darnus is a fair bit more extreme than that).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Will Brannigan
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by NefGP View Post
    I really don't see how it's any different from the story rewards in FFXI (CoP/ToAU Rings, Divine Might Earring, WotG Earring, etc.) other than they chose to move the reward to an additional sidequest similar to DM, only much much harder (DM was never all that hard just needed people to be competent - Darnus is a fair bit more extreme than that).
    They are permanently shutting down 1.0. ARR is different enough to be called a new game. 7th Umbral Era stuff has always been represented as like "one time only better subscribe and catch it now before it's gone!" type stuff. A couple of drops from Castrum Novum being available in ARR doesn't suddenly mean that every item associated with this stuff is up for grabs. Dalamud Horn and the Crystal Bearer title are quest rewards too (technically cheevs I guess, but they're cheevs from quests), do you think they'll be in ARR?
    (0)

Sorry for the delay while we got confirmation for you all -- the White Ravens will not be obtainable in A Realm Reborn.
    (44)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Jacien Visenad
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by fusional View Post
    alright, well

while it doesn't rule out the (very slight) possibility that they'd make a return in ARR, it would be silly to classify something as a seasonal event item only to just make it available permanently afterward- even if they did change how you get them.

it just seems to me like a lot of people are just mulling around wasting time waiting for a dev response to something that already seems pretty clear to everyone else, even if just through simply assuming a worst-case scenario.

it should be obvious enough that there's a 99% chance the earrings won't be coming back. why take that gamble?
    Oh I didn't know about them being classed as that in the Armoire. Appreciate the info.

"Items obtained through seasonal events" would count for that then.

Thankfully looks like I'll be able to get into runs tomorrow!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    And there you go.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jacien Visenad
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Holy crap, ninja poster Bayohne! One minute before my last post!
    (1)
    Last edited by Jacien; 10-19-2012 at 03:16 AM.

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Sorry for the delay while we got confirmation for you all -- the White Ravens will not be obtainable in A Realm Reborn.
    Thanks for the reply!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Athalia Hartfell
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 85
    and there you have it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sieg Hack
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Don't know how this was even a question, especially with the screenshots of someone putting them in their armoire under the Seasonal Item section. Pretty sure Hard Darnus was supposed to be a challenge for the current players of 1.0, so having the fight (and any reward from it) in 2.0 would kind of contradict that anyways. I'm glad that they won't be in 2.0, "for sure" lol...

Player
    Character
    Eliseus Kayne
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Siegtaru View Post
    Don't know how this was even a question, especially with the screenshots of someone putting them in their armoire under the Seasonal Item section. Pretty sure Hard Darnus was supposed to be a challenge for the current players of 1.0, so having the fight (and any reward from it) in 2.0 would kind of contradict that anyways. I'm glad that they won't be in 2.0, "for sure" lol...
    There has never been any official word that they wouldn't be in 2.0 except what was just posted. It was a simple question that only needed a simple answer. I'm not sure how someone wanting to know whether they were in 2.0 or not really matters to people like you. It doesn't effect you or anyone else who speculated that it wouldn't be in 2.0 at all yet you guys go out of your way to post like you are offended that anyone would even ask a question like this.

Makes me laugh though so I guess I'm kinda glad some of you go out of your way to be so butt hurt by people wanting an official word on it rather then random speculation. So please do continue.
    (4)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast