Player

Triple Meld INT Lightning Brand VS Stardust Rod

I would like to ask your opinion,

Now I have 2 set of weapon,

1. Triple meld INT Lightning Brand (INT+50 M.atk potency+20 Lightning atk potency+12) with Flame Sergeant's Targe (INT+7)

2. Stardust Rod (INT+45 EnfeeMagic+20 M.atkPotency+30 ConserveMP+50 UpFlareDamage)

Which set do you think better?
    For the first set I can get 57INT with better magic potency when use ThunderCombo.

But for the second set, the conserve MP ability sound attractive but so far I really dont see much different from it.

Do you think EnfeeMagic+20 ConserveMP+50 UpFlareDamage is worth enough to sacrifice 12 INT?

Thank you
    (0)
    Last edited by DarkHikaru; 09-10-2012 at 10:59 AM.

Player
    Character
    Shayla Asiaine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    When you say +12 INT, are you also taking into consideration the +3 Magic Attack it gives?

If you are doing battle where you do not need a very strong flare, or you do not need to worry about MP, then the Stardust Rod is not so great. It of course me be better in the future ^^:

If you are doing battle where you are constantly running out of MP *OR* you need VERY powerful Flares (for whatever reason) then the Stardust Rod might be worth considering. Given the recast timers for Flare and its situational use, it might be worthwhile to just swap the Brand out for the Rod, do the Flare, then put the Brand back on.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chad Thunderkoch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    I'm not sure what 3MAB the 12INT gives has to do with much of anything.

But, since you do have the Stardust Rod, you could go out and test what ConserveMP+50 actually does and provide that information to the rest of the playerbase. If it follows everything else(ish) then +50=5%, but 5% of what? Activation rate? MP Conserved? If activation rate, then what is the percentage of MP saved, and if it is MP conserved then what is the activation rate?

If you know that information, you can make an accurate estimation of how much MP is used in a particular fight, and if that MP saved would net you an extra cast (on average) or more. If so, it may be useful in fights with time limits and MP constraints and if not then it would pretty much always be fire set or your Triple INT brand, and use Stardust for Flare.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Dana Key
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    i don't have the rod myself but going off what a fellow ls member said, i believe it's a 5% chance of the spell costing half mp.
    (0)

Player

i would think a triple INT electrum scepter (+1) would be a better option than triple INT brand.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Maia Chase
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Haldir90 View Post
    i would think a triple INT electrum scepter (+1) would be a better option than triple INT brand.

That has nothing to do with the question asked.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Malix Farwin
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Haldir90 View Post
    not really lightning magic attack harder to get than macc and most ppl get high acc without that scepter.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ellunavi Sevald
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80
    I thought the Stardust Rod just increased the DoT damage on Flare or does it increase the burst damage up front? Was never to sure.
    (0)