Player
    Character
    Kuzie Kukuri
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70

No weaving leves?

I just picked FF:XIV up again on Saturday, and I'm a little confused about crafting leves. I wanted to do some weaving, but when I went to the guy that passes them out, for each of the weaving categories there was nothing available. What do I need to do to unlock the ability to do weaving leves?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    I have neeeever seen the level 1~20 section completely empty in any city. Is there any chance you already have the leves in your journal? The leve counter won't display duplicates.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Robert Redensa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    To further answer the question, you don't have to do anything to unlock the appearance of crafting leves of a particular discipline. You do have to level up to unlock higher ones, but every city should have level 1 or 5 leves available for every class. Btw, L5 unlocks L10 leves, 10 unlocks 15, etc etc. However, Raldo is correct pointing out that duplicates won't display, and furthermore different cities have different numbers of leves of each level, and they may or may not appear at the counter. Completing a leve or just waiting until the next time leve allowances are given out will refresh the list, so you can quickly complete a leve that's too low for you to likely cause a higher level one you do need to show up. Towns tend to have more leves for the crafting classes that have their guild there. E.g. for weaving, you'll have the best luck getting leves at the right level in Ul'dah.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kuzie Kukuri
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    I had never taken any crafting leves, and had 3 available. At the time my weaving was level 7, I logged on a few hours later and there was a single weaving leve.
    (0)