Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by PiedPiper View Post
    I would really like to see this addressed by the "wear more str/mnd as PLD" camp, because I've had similar experiences boosting my str from a dismal 229 to 310. As someone else mentioned, I was told that MND pumps Spirits and enmity combo, so I actually maintain 304 Mind and suspect the tank mentioned here has a similar amount (just considering that pieces like HDL gloves and Militia hat give mnd). I'm not saying I don't believe in "DD PLD" i'm just not... entirely sold on the numbers?
    Chimera does have very high defense. So a straight DD tank will have a tough time with it, especially building the initial Enmity before everyone starts in.

What you need to consider is capping both STR and MND. You can get into the 30+ Damage range on Flat blade combo with a high DPS weapon.

With the Multiplier increase and damage from MND + extra damge from STR, you can generate 221+ ENM, 3-5 times a minute.

With just the low base stats with you will be generating around 83 ENM, 3-5 times per minute
    (these are without Sentinel)

But on the flip side, you have other non damage skills that can benefit from ENM+.
    So Taunt and Flash, etc. Which with 200+ ENM will get you around an extra 20% ENM on top of what they generate, every minute.

So add it all together (worst case scenario 3 Flat Blade Combos)
    STR+MND, Taunt+Provoke (1000 ENM) Damage Delt (663 ENM) Total 1663
    ENM + , Taunt+Provoke (1200) Damage Delt (249 ENM+20% = 299) Total 1499

The damage may seem insignificant, but it adds up, as does your ENM generated

On a side note: A great starter for Chimera is Sentinel, Aegis Boon, Phalanx, Bloodbath, Spirits Within, Holy Succor. You will have to get quite a bit of hate and self heals in before that first WHM tops you off for 1k HP, then you can just continue your normal rotation.
    (1)
    Last edited by Judge_Xero; 07-31-2012 at 05:21 AM.
    "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, it's often."
    Temp Forum Ban - July 7th 2016 *** I promise to never call out scrub players again due to it causing a toxic community

Player

with emity materia and coral bracelets i find that while emity+ on curtana would be nice its not entirely nessicary specially if ur like me and have +1 bracelets and 2 or more materia in the slots you can have emity+ in
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pied Piper
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge_Xero View Post
    Chimera does have very high defense. So a straight DD tank will have a tough time with it, especially building the initial Enmity before everyone starts in.

What you need to consider is capping both STR and MND. You can get into the 30+ Damage range on Flat blade combo with a high DPS weapon.

With the Multiplier increase and damage from MND + extra damge from STR, you can generate 221+ ENM, 3-5 times a minute.

With just the low base stats with you will be generating around 83 ENM, 3-5 times per minute
    (these are without Sentinel)

But on the flip side, you have other non damage skills that can benefit from ENM+.
    So Taunt and Flash, etc. Which with 200+ ENM will get you around an extra 20% ENM on top of what they generate, every minute.

So add it all together (worst case scenario 3 Flat Blade Combos)
    STR+MND, Taunt+Provoke (1000 ENM) Damage Delt (663 ENM) Total 1663
    ENM + , Taunt+Provoke (1200) Damage Delt (249 ENM+20% = 299) Total 1499

The damage may seem insignificant, but it adds up, as does your ENM generated

On a side note: A great starter for Chimera is Sentinel, Aegis Boon, Phalanx, Bloodbath, Spirits Within, Holy Succor. You will have to get quite a bit of hate and self heals in before that first WHM tops you off for 1k HP, then you can just continue your normal rotation.
    Hmm, well with just mind cap and a high dps weapon, I am already in that 30ish range on Chim. My auto attack damage is really light though, but, meh. I think we really need to look at some parses and enmity per second calculations to see if we can start coming up with genuinely comparative data. I got a good miser parse tonight, should get chime later in the week, will post both as the "enmity/mind" camp example.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by PiedPiper View Post
    Hmm, well with just mind cap and a high dps weapon, I am already in that 30ish range on Chim. My auto attack damage is really light though, but, meh. I think we really need to look at some parses and enmity per second calculations to see if we can start coming up with genuinely comparative data. I got a good miser parse tonight, should get chime later in the week, will post both as the "enmity/mind" camp example.
    No, there can only be 2 camps. ENM+ VS. DD
    None of this, ENM + MND stuff.

Looking forward to seeing your results. Might need to start a new thread though. This "Curtana " thread is so far off topic now. Don't want those new up and coming PLD's missing out on all these discussions.
    (2)
    "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, it's often."
    Temp Forum Ban - July 7th 2016 *** I promise to never call out scrub players again due to it causing a toxic community

Player
    Character
    Pied Piper
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge_Xero View Post
    No, there can only be 2 camps. ENM+ VS. DD
    None of this, ENM + MND stuff.

Looking forward to seeing your results. Might need to start a new thread though. This "Curtana " thread is so far off topic now. Don't want those new up and coming PLD's missing out on all these discussions.
    No, this is a strong differecne between saying STR/MIND vs ENM>MIND because these stats compete with each other in terms of slot realestate. Raw DD is very different than specificly boosting enmity and the abilities with the enmity modifier. The slot where this is clearest is hands: Heavy Darklight Gauntlets vs say 40 or 50 str cobalt/sent.
    (0)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8