Player
    Character
    Aco Nale
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90

Please make certain items from raids or weekly tomestones not unique

Please make certain items obtained from duties as well as the current weekly capped tomestone not unique.

Left side items like headpieces, chest pieces, gloves, pants and boots; as well as right side items like earrings, necklaces and wrists should not be unique. Especially those obtained from Savage raiding or weekly tomestones.

Rings can stay unique or, better yet, unique-equipped.

The reason behind this is that some jobs may want to switch materia melding for different fights or to play another job that uses the same set (for example BLM and RDM). Right now you can do it if you have two pieces of gear but it becomes cumbersome because of their "unique" property and so the solution is to store the pieces in the saddlebag or retainers.

This change would remove the annoying part of the process.

Weapons, coffers, mounts, and the like can stay unique just like usual.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mela'nia Dawnfried
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Imagine losing loot for a week because someone didn't want to spend at most 10k gil to meld 2 materia slots...
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Raraka Raka
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    My main concern with such change would be needing 2 savage or 2 tome rings for BiS, but the idea of keeping them "unique equipped" solves that perfectly for me

I personally started having a spare crafted ring for my tank and healer pentamelded with tenacity and piety for prog, so I can see potential use-cases for having spare sets with different melds
    (0)
    Last edited by Raraka; 06-17-2023 at 02:28 AM.

Player
    Character
    Aco Nale
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyzby View Post
    Imagine losing loot for a week because someone didn't want to spend at most 10k gil to meld 2 materia slots...
    People can already keep looting if they want to on PF as long as they don't have an already existing coffer in their inventory.

If you're raiding with a static, then that wouldn't be a problem either.
    (0)