Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PvP dev team?

Character
    Raansu Omiyari
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    PvP hasn't been popular enough to justify having a team specifically for PvP.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Knives Jonquil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 90
    Yet they're gonna have a tournament with $22,500 backing it.

lol
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Sune Dakwhil
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    I have literally no idea what makes people say purify doesn't work, it work perfectly fine on my end. I'd assume it may be sensitive to high latencies, maybe? If so that's pretty typical I guess.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Runic Raven
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Valence View Post
    I don't know how people manage to constantly complain about being chainstunned in FLs. I don't understand how you end up being chainstunned. You have purify. Use the button, it removes the stun, then you can run away. And if you get chained CCed past those 5s of immunity, then you were probably caught alone pants down by a blob of 24 players and you probably deserved the punishement.

Maps needs less pve objectives besides basic ones (this is pvp, not pve), and they need rng (within control to prevent silly situations where the winning team gets the last S tier node). The worst map ever was Secure, and the reason it's so boring is because you always do the same things, the same back and forth, every game, because every objective is static not only in time, but in location as well. Good riddance to it.
    Scenario1: Random Stun from a random person that does not even target you---> purify----> running away----> DRK pull---->running away----> DRK pull---> running away---> WAR pull--->miracle of Nature and then some other 4787491 CC's purify does not remove--->dead.

Scenario2: Purify bugs out and you are dead anyway.
    (4)
    ᛞᚨᚢᛃᛁᚦ ᚠᛖᚺᚢ
    ᛞᚨᚢᛃᚨᚾ ᚠᚱᚨᚾᛞᛁᛊ : ᛞᚨᚢᛃᛁᚦ ᛊᛖᛚᛒᚨᛉ ᛊᚨᛗᛟ
    ᛖᚲᚨ ᚹᚨᛁᛏ ᚨᚾᚨᛁᚾᛟ
    ᚦᚨᛏᚨ ᚾᛖ ᚨᛚᛞᚱᚨᛁᚷᛁᚾ ᛞᚨᚢᛃᛁᚦ
    ᛞᛟᛗᚨᛉ ᚢᛗᛒᛁ ᛞᚨᚢᛞᚨᚾᛟ ᚺᚹᚨᚱᛃᚨᚾᛟ

Character
    Raansu Omiyari
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrimace View Post
    Yet they're gonna have a tournament with $22,500 backing it.

lol
    That's honestly not much money, especially when its split 5 ways. I have friends that have made double that in a single tournament for fighting games.

With that said, the tournament is mostly just to advertise the game mode and hope to get more people interested.

I have literally no idea what makes people say purify doesn't work, it work perfectly fine on my end. I'd assume it may be sensitive to high latencies, maybe? If so that's pretty typical I guess.
    Its consistent in purging stuff....It's inconsistent in resisting stuff which is my general problem with it. I'll purge a stun and then immediately get stunned right after because the server takes a second to apply the buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Araxes View Post
    Scenario1: Random Stun from a random person that does not even target you---> purify----> running away----> DRK pull---->running away----> DRK pull---> running away---> WAR pull--->miracle of Nature and then some other 4787491 CC's purify does not remove--->dead.

Ya basically this, except for the miracle of nature part. That stupid thing ignores resistance and is probably the most broken cc in the game.
    (1)
    Last edited by Ransu; 06-05-2023 at 01:48 AM.

Player
    Character
    Esdeath Hankokku
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Archeron View Post
    PvE developers have zero business making changes to PvP. Especially when its clear that the developers DO NOT PLAY PVP. It would NOT be that hard for them to open the JP forums and listen to feedback on what people want, or to invite a mix of high level players, and casual PvPers to thoroughly playtest any, and ALL changes they plan on making.

I suspect that the developers have still not learned their lessons from 1.0, they've got an aura of arrogance and overconfidence in themselves doubling down on dumb changes not just in PvP but also PvE.
    Yup, this is 100% what is happening, they got too overconfident and everyone looks the other way when they do something dumb and do it again and again, or just delete it from the game, 2years+ and still no Hats in the game for 2 races ) We get a ton of tiaras for no reason, they totally destroyed PVP, deleted mods, party options, made shatter way worse than it was, deleted maps, they removed more things from pvp than what they put in... and the list goes on.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Varian Nightsteel
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 86
    I find hats the most hilarious thing that Square still hasn't implemented into the game, when those evil, unspeakable people who make illicit third party programs fixed hats for all races years ago.

I just don't see any passion from the devs of this game with any of their new content. They just do whats minimally needed to keep people from picking up their pitchforks.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sune Dakwhil
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    You have 5s of immunity to run away. If you literally jumped alone in a blob with your frontlines nowhere to be seen behind you, or got caught pants down alone somewhere in the wilds, you deserve to die to this. I never have personally, it's almost ludicrously too easy as melee to go back to your lines. If you're going melee IN FRONT OF YOUR TEAM as a ranged, then I'm questioning your sanity.

It's possible that the case mentioned by Ransu is a problem, but i'm not too positive on that so i'll believe you, especially in FLs.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Runic Raven
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    You have 5s of immunity to run away. If you literally jumped alone in a blob with your frontlines nowhere to be seen behind you, or got caught pants down alone somewhere in the wilds, you deserve to die to this. I never have personally, it's almost ludicrously too easy as melee to go back to your lines. If you're going melee IN FRONT OF YOUR TEAM as a ranged, then I'm questioning your sanity.

You are not reading correctly and you dont play pvp. Otherwise you would know that you HAVE NO IMMUNITY to DRK pulls.

In Scenario 1 i wrote: "Random Stun from a random person that does not even target you" How do you get stunned while not being targeted? By standing in a Group of allied players wich got hit by a targeted aoe Stun.

You are out.
    (1)
    ᛞᚨᚢᛃᛁᚦ ᚠᛖᚺᚢ
    ᛞᚨᚢᛃᚨᚾ ᚠᚱᚨᚾᛞᛁᛊ : ᛞᚨᚢᛃᛁᚦ ᛊᛖᛚᛒᚨᛉ ᛊᚨᛗᛟ
    ᛖᚲᚨ ᚹᚨᛁᛏ ᚨᚾᚨᛁᚾᛟ
    ᚦᚨᛏᚨ ᚾᛖ ᚨᛚᛞᚱᚨᛁᚷᛁᚾ ᛞᚨᚢᛃᛁᚦ
    ᛞᛟᛗᚨᛉ ᚢᛗᛒᛁ ᛞᚨᚢᛞᚨᚾᛟ ᚺᚹᚨᚱᛃᚨᚾᛟ

Player
    Character
    Sune Dakwhil
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90

Also crystal in all seasons. So I *do* play pvp. If it's still not enough is another debate.

I know that DRK pull is problematic in itself since it has no counter. It should definitely be prevented by CC immunities (like the purify buff or Warden's).

However I do still feel that people are making this a storm in a kettle because that's just not my regular FLs experience. I don't even remember a single time where it has happened to me. But maybe on other datacenters honestly I haven't tried making alts there to see if the field is truly filled up with DRKs everywhere...
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast