Player
    Character
    Vannaka Lothbrok
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90

Unable to log into EU characters

I logged out of the game normally through the log out button but now when I try to select my characters it is permenantly stuck on the message "The character selected was not properly logged out or is currently logged in on another client. Logging character out. Please wait to log in again". I have tried leaving it for a few hours but it never gets past that message.

I tried using VPN, flushing DNS, transfering to Light (the other EU DC), restoring game data (reinstalled 90GB).

I am able to enter the game on a random level 2 character I have on NA Aether DC but none of my EU characters get past that message.

(0)

Greetings Adventurer!

We would like to apologize for the issue you are experiencing regarding logging into your desired character. The error is most commonly caused by an improper disconnection from the servers during gameplay. However, as you have mentioned logging out manually, this may have occurred in a different way. As the game servers still recognize the character as being logged in, the character cannot be logged into again at this time. Unfortunately, there is no manual way to communicate to the servers that the character is not longer logged in, nor is there a way to manually log the character out.

Please note that the character will eventually be recognized as logged out and we would only be able to recommend attempting to log in at a different time. If the issue still persists, please submit a bug report within the official FINAL FANTASY XIV forums. You may do so by creating a new thread entry in the Bug Reports > In-Game Bugs section with the required information as shown in the main thread sticky. Additionally, this thread will be moved to the 'Separate Support Required' sub forum.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.
    (0)