Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Luluna Eve
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Here to agree I am swimming in the crystals, I just use the wolf marks to buy materia or prisms...there is not a whole lot to choose from. I really wish they would add maybe rarer cards or something that I can work on.
    (3)

Character
    Raansu Omiyari
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Valence View Post
    Having a hundred of wolf collars in inventory and having to painfully trade them 4 by 4 into wolf marks in order to spend the currency into consumables like materia or whatever sure is a fun way to spend my time.
    Oh ya. its definitely a chore, but I get free repairs from my tank, so I'll happily deal with it and keep giving him grade 8 dark matter lol.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zeth Hiryu
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanne View Post
    There is no way for SE to keep up with the people who play PvP as their main content. Just play the modes for fun not for the shiniest latest reward
    I personally do not like PvP. I am not doing PvP as my main content, like I mentioned I am only doing PvP to get the Lv.25 Series pass rewards. Only in the first Series did I go beyond Lv.25 and even then I only hit the max and didn't do the loops cause it wasn't worth it for me.

I'm basically doing the bare minimum to get the rewards simply cause I don't want to miss them and they do look cool to be fair. Although the dragon and now the current mount are kind of wack for Lv25 rewards but it is what it is.

So SE isn't even keeping up with ME, who is someone that isn't doing PvP as their main content. Which means it is an even worse situation for people who DO actually like PvP.

They have said in the past (in official slides) that the previous Series rewards would have been available for "currency" but they've yet to implement this, and they might not even do it but again this would be an additional option for people to spend Trophy Crystals on if they missed out on doing the Series rewards previously.

That wouldn't impact me, but at least it is another crystal sink for those individuals.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Varian Nightsteel
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 86
    I've capped out series 25+ on pretty much all of my important characters. 6.4 doesn't offer me incentive to do that again. Shatter isn't fun anymore, Series rewards are kinda meh this season, Augmented hellhound isn't enough of an incentive to make me want to grind ranked. I'm capped out on crystals on multiple characters with not a whole lot worth spending them on.

The front line changes alone are enough to make me put it on the daily roulette backburner. I don't need incentive to PvP beyond it just being fun, but both the incentive, and fun in doing pvp are lacking.. Easily resolved if they just put old PvP rewards up for sale, and would kill a lot of the wailing over FoMo. Maybe put out a map or two that will actually be fun to play frontlines on. Redo secure, bring Astragalos back, Put out a RW roulette.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Bing Chilling
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    At this point they should just add the old rewards, like hellhound attire coffer for 250k trophy crystals, so theres at least SOMETHING to work for
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Virtus Pendragon
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    I like this idea with one exception:

To trade for 1 piece of item, it would require multiple tokens (maybe like 2 or 3) and each token should cost 15,000-20,000 trophy crystals. Hell, we can even use wolf collars but each item would require maybe 50 collars? Why?

Because the people that played feast should not have their hard earned rewards be given out for basically free, it should require an actual grind. Feast was much harder than CC and the people that played it and made it to top 100 (especially the amazing healers and melee carries) deserve to have their rewards mean something. I’m not including the cheaters and win-traders. I’m talking about the peeps that actually grinded the feast climbing struggle.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sune Dakwhil
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Devil's advocate: It's nice to have glam and whatnot, but it's not like I'm gonna spend my time chasing after glam when my inventories and dresser are already filled to the brim... Might get it if I really like it, but that's not a given.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Gunsa Cabalabob
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Increase the cap would be nice, hell, remove the cap, why do we need a cap?

Adding more unique rewards would be nice and I’m sure they’ll do this down the line, but until then I’m sitting on 20k trophies with another 7k to claim from my series rewards and still an entire third of a page of them to unlock and I can’t even claim my other rewards without claiming the trophies first.

It’s such a hassle to go to the vendor, buy wolf collars, use the wolf collars on wolf marks to buy materia… just sell materia for crystal trophies… or something else we can find repeatable use for.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilthas View Post
    The anonymity of the internet is what leads people to become jerks online.

You could make a game where all you did was run through fields of flowers holding hands and you'd still get a guy telling you you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcshiggs View Post
    Everyone knows you skip through fields of flowers holding hands, running noobs need to go back to WoW.

Player
    Character
    Zeth Hiryu
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubrication View Post
    I like this idea with one exception:

To trade for 1 piece of item, it would require multiple tokens (maybe like 2 or 3) and each token should cost 15,000-20,000 trophy crystals. Hell, we can even use wolf collars but each item would require maybe 50 collars? Why?

Because the people that played feast should not have their hard earned rewards be given out for basically free, it should require an actual grind. Feast was much harder than CC and the people that played it and made it to top 100 (especially the amazing healers and melee carries) deserve to have their rewards mean something. I’m not including the cheaters and win-traders. I’m talking about the peeps that actually grinded the feast climbing struggle.

Counter-point:

Nothing in this game should involve FOMO and the fact that new players are always joining means they shouldn't "miss out" on something just because they started at a different time. The current setup still has FOMO but at least based on what they've actually said it shouldn't be the case at some unknown later point in time.

The other FOMO in the game would be seasonal rewards (and technically special events) but at the very least they usually put those on the cash shop if people truly care. The special events are an exception but they have at least tried bringing some back so it's not all bad.

The Feast PvP rewards however are just gone entirely and were already limited. I would point out however that obtaining those rewards in terms of doing the content is not so different to what people would normally be doing now anyway at least if they had to be attached to CC but given the changes they probably wouldn't want that.

So at least in my eyes someone playing X amount of matches to get Top 100 or whatever back when no one cared shouldn't somehow be different from anyone else playing X amount of matches NOW because it's the same process. And as it's been said that whole situation is already tarnished to begin with. As in a grind is a grind regardless of when you do it.

If someone wants to go and do an old Ultimate or Savages or anything else in the game they can just do it. But old PvP Feast rewards are just gone, this to me doesn't align with the rest of the game, and again FOMO shouldn't be a thing, especially if they care about new players constantly joining the game.

Here is a post from Yoshi-P about when they added the White Raven earrings during one of The Rising events:

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...=1#post4765303

The answer was they could just make the items REPLICAS.

The actual worse thing about this is that some of the cash shop rewards are named the opposite compared to the original items and instead are phrased as if they are the "true" items. For example: "Authentic White Tiger" meaning the ACTUAL event item "The White Tiger" is somehow not authentic...

Which in turn I would say why is it acceptable for the old Feast rewards to be these untouchable / unobtainable FOMO items but NOT all the other items that were given during a specific time such as the stuff I mentioned above? That is basically a double standard, it's ok for PvP people to be upset but not literally everyone else? Which just makes it a stupid argument to begin with, thus my point.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Virtus Pendragon
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by zeth07 View Post
    Counter-point:

Nothing in this game should involve FOMO and the fact that new players are always joining means they shouldn't "miss out" on something just because they started at a different time. The current setup still has FOMO but at least based on what they've actually said it shouldn't be the case at some unknown later point in time.

The other FOMO in the game would be seasonal rewards (and technically special events) but at the very least they usually put those on the cash shop if people truly care. The special events are an exception but they have at least tried bringing some back so it's not all bad.

The Feast PvP rewards however are just gone entirely and were already limited. I would point out however that obtaining those rewards in terms of doing the content is not so different to what people would normally be doing now anyway at least if they had to be attached to CC but given the changes they probably wouldn't want that.

So at least in my eyes someone playing X amount of matches to get Top 100 or whatever back when no one cared shouldn't somehow be different from anyone else playing X amount of matches NOW because it's the same process. And as it's been said that whole situation is already tarnished to begin with. As in a grind is a grind regardless of when you do it.

If someone wants to go and do an old Ultimate or Savages or anything else in the game they can just do it. But old PvP Feast rewards are just gone, this to me doesn't align with the rest of the game, and again FOMO shouldn't be a thing, especially if they care about new players constantly joining the game.

Here is a post from Yoshi-P about when they added the White Raven earrings during one of The Rising events:

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...=1#post4765303

The answer was they could just make the items REPLICAS.

The actual worse thing about this is that some of the cash shop rewards are named the opposite compared to the original items and instead are phrased as if they are the "true" items. For example: "Authentic White Tiger" meaning the ACTUAL event item "The White Tiger" is somehow not authentic...

Which in turn I would say why is it acceptable for the old Feast rewards to be these untouchable / unobtainable FOMO items but NOT all the other items that were given during a specific time such as the stuff I mentioned above? That is basically a double standard, it's ok for PvP people to be upset but not literally everyone else? Which just makes it a stupid argument to begin with, thus my point.
    Did you even read my comment properly?

Also if nobody “cared”, then clearly those people didn’t FOMO.
    (0)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast