Player
    Character
    Easley Lighthalzen
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90

Horrible latency

Has anybody been experiencing this? Abilities/Recuperate don't pop immediately when pressed, attacks go through guard, enemies that were supposed to be dead from a burst still live... among a few other lag issues.

CC has always had issues like this but post-update, the mode is just unplayable. I thought they already patched the recent packet loss issue.

I just want to be over this garbage so I don't have to see it again until the next rewards update.

Edit: Even at casual mode, I feel like I'm playing PVP extreme without guard and recuperate. Guard animation will show up but dmg still goes through. Just when I think PVP in this game can't get any worse and lower, the updates just deliver.
    (1)
    Last edited by tsuchii; 05-28-2023 at 01:32 PM.

Player
    Character
    Xylira Mierqid
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    It's not lag, not exactly anyways. It's the way the netcode and server tick rate of the game work that makes it feel so sluggish at times. The short of it is that the backend architecture of the game isn't nearly as responsive as it needs to be for something like fast paced pvp where split second timing matters. The reason why when you use guard and it still lets through a massive amount of damage before the shield actually starts to take effect, is basically because all of those attacks technically happened before your client told the server that you want to guard, but all of the actions aren't processed until a split second later. That's the server tick rate being slow causing that.

You get used to it, eventually, sort of, but it never actually feels good since it feels like you're wading through water while playing. And this is actually an issue with the rest of the game in general, it's just not as noticeable in PVE.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sune Dakwhil
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    You need to differentiate clearly between what comes from latency and what comes from how the system is designed in the first place (this is not about tick rates):

- Any button you press snapshots multiple things when registered by the server and this is only affected by your latency. Any crowd control for instance, happens instantly and is resolved as soon as you press the button, period, with the exception of Salted Earth that first has an instant snapshot draw-in, and just after is followed by a delayed bind.
    - Any effect or damage will be snapshot as well, but damage for instance is resolved after animation delays (which can be significant for some skills like LBs). So if you Guard after an attack has actually snapshot (at button press by the opponent), you'll still eat the bullet because it snapshot before you actually Guarded, but the damage will apply after. If you heal/recuperate in between however, the heals will heal you and it might save you from an attack that was used earlier, because heals don't wait for what was snapshot by an opponent to take its time and hit you first.
    - Any lingering crowd control that doesnt prevent you to guard (like heavy, bind, etc) can be nullified by Guard, meaning that they will snapshot and affect you even if you Guard after their instant snapshot, but Guarding will cleanse them because you can't be CCed under Guard.

If you have other issues that can't be explained by this, then this is probably latency on your end.

Don't take my post as white knighting the system or criticizing it, just explaining how it works.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Easley Lighthalzen
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Yea, this content is dogshit not just for the latency/shitty design issues. I'm just glad I'm done with the rewards tier this patch.
    (0)