Player
    Character
    Sune Dakwhil
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCousland View Post
    And instead of cancerous healing we have complaints of LBs or specific skills or jobs that are "op" not to mention the tank disparity that is the opposite of the healer problems in pre 6.1, I understand the healer concern truly but I think a potency reduction across the board would've alleviated that, (a cure 3 that was 400 and instead 300 is still better than no cure), now we've dug ourselves in this pit where we can't touch a job without neutering it
    You seem to assume I stated that one was better than the other.

The past was also not clean of "OP" jobs, like NIN during SB especially, and DRG during ShB.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rion Cousland
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Valence View Post
    You seem to assume I stated that one was better than the other.

The past was also not clean of "OP" jobs, like NIN during SB especially, and DRG during ShB.
    neither assumed or implied as i stated previously pre 6.1 had issues in various post but the differences are if the devs had put in as much time and effort into that generation of FL as they are now then we would have been on a better path to progress to the mythical goal of "pvp balance", i cant speak on SB unfortunately i wasnt there, personally i think EW is great small scale pvp, however SHB had a better iteration for large scale pvp and shatter wasnt an issue as it is now
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Sune Dakwhil
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    I disagree that ShB FLs was better. It was the same zerg fiesta, with other OP jobs and toxic combos. People just don't want to remember that.

Also it might depend of the datacenters people play on, I don't see much of those infamous 3 DRG/DRK combos where I play... Most people seem to play what they like.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Marisol Ryza
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Every single match feels the same

90% of your teammates are near the respawn camping small ices, never leaving the base, not even pvping at this point.

Most of the time I end up alone trying to pinch or interrupt the TF's between the other two alliances, absolutely horrible map I truly hate it.
    (10)
    Last edited by AnnRam; 06-05-2023 at 09:24 AM.

Player
    Character
    Eaulnaux Fabubon
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by HermitUK View Post
    An easy fix for this would be to add score to the Floating Damage Numbers and kill feed in the chat. Players know what an ice is worth because the chat log tells them; if players saw a "+10" over enemy players as they died and a "-5" over their own head when they died, it might help convey why PvP matters.

I'm trying to make a habit of snipping scoreboards so I can get a better feel for the scoring breakdown, but I've seen a few teams doing the full PvP approach and it is very effective:

I've also been keeping track of the post-screen data. I'm up to 50 matches of Shatter since the revamp and in 48/50 of those - the team with the highest 'Data Retrieved from Enemy Forces' (IE: A more pvp focused team), was the winner.

96%

To anyone who is trying to make the claim that new Shatter is 'too PVE' - It isn't. Its incredibly frustrating to have half of your team running around gathering small ice, when they should be focused on fighting enemy teams - yes.

EDIT: What is truly frustrating about this map, and has always been frustrating (even in its previous iteration) - is that you can tell you are on a losing team within minutes of starting the match. Usually by the end of the first big ice exchange. And without one of the other two teams just completely falling apart, you have almost zero chance of recovery and are forced to just kind of go through the motions for another 10 minutes of a losing match. Which, for anyone who actually cares about wins, is incredibly frustrating.
    (8)
    Last edited by Rexxus; 06-05-2023 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Additional Comment

Character
    Jock Destroyer
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 80
    I don't like the Big Ice on the corner, because if you decided to jump through the cliff for Big Ice on the corner, there's chance you get sandwiched by 2 GCs, unlike old Shatter's map where you can escape easily...
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Victor Spoils
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnRam View Post
    Every single match feels the same

90% of your teammates are near the respawn camping small ices, never leaving the base, not even pvping at this point.

Most of the time I end up alone trying to pinch or interrupt the TF's between the other two alliances, absolutely horrible map I truly hate it.
    It probably feels the same because it loves to group the same people together, like that one guy who says "See you again!" at the end of every match. He knows.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ayatane Wolfblade
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    One plus from it is I can get stacks for my reaper from smalls and have have 8 ready for use when I engage. Down side is the small ice take longer to down and the map is the pits.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Riot Trooper
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I like the twist that team with most pve players (miners) lose on this map to pvp killers. But yeah, it's sad when you yourself get into pve team.

May be better communicating potential shard points would help. On the other hand if you're so passionate about it, you can always communicate strategy focusing on pvp to you team yourself (so far there're always fools coordinating mining operations).

May be time will help people to realize you get much better "miner picks" with gauge after killing a few competitors.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rion Cousland
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexxus View Post
    I've also been keeping track of the post-screen data. I'm up to 50 matches of Shatter since the revamp and in 48/50 of those - the team with the highest 'Data Retrieved from Enemy Forces' (IE: A more pvp focused team), was the winner.

96%

To anyone who is trying to make the claim that new Shatter is 'too PVE' - It isn't. Its incredibly frustrating to have half of your team running around gathering small ice, when they should be focused on fighting enemy teams - yes.

EDIT: What is truly frustrating about this map, and has always been frustrating (even in its previous iteration) - is that you can tell you are on a losing team within minutes of starting the match. Usually by the end of the first big ice exchange. And without one of the other two teams just completely falling apart, you have almost zero chance of recovery and are forced to just kind of go through the motions for another 10 minutes of a losing match. Which, for anyone who actually cares about wins, is incredibly frustrating.
    I'd probably be more convinced if the net kill points outweighed the the points you get from ice which is what would occasionally happen in the old Shatter because there was downtime/CD between ice spawn so peeps would either fight in mid or you could get a group to harass enemy base, I understand the point you're trying to make but the new mode has more of an emphasis on ice
    (4)

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast