Player
    Character
    Denishia Squirrel
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Shookbeast View Post
    If we went to Corvos, is it possible that since it was occupied by Garleans that it will feature a more tech-forward design with paved streets and cars? I ask, because maybe then the zones we visit will overall have a slightly more modern or tech theme. Cities and cars for Corvos - and then maybe almost a Bladerunner-esque “cities buried in the sand” for Meracydia. The designers must want to stretch beyond more green/forest zones and whatnot.
    would be an interesting counterpoint to the fact that Yoshi-P long desired to pull Final Fantasy away from the disel-punk/modern to high-tech settings of later entries back to making an entry with strongly medieval settings of I-V. And thus why XVI looks the way that it does.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Gunnor Wolfshead
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Ah, I didn’t know that was his intention. Maybe not then - although I wouldn’t mind an expansion that changed up the look just a little.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Denishia Squirrel
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    He mentioned it in interviews long before XVI was confirmed (and thus one of the reasons for the leading theory that Yoshi-P would produce XVI)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    R'vhen Tia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    It hardly seems like he's unwilling to work with what FFXIV gave him, though. He's had plenty of opportunity to shy away from the game's quasi-fantasy/sci-fi design, but the game's only leaned into and expanded upon that as time's gone on. So, while I personally tend to agree with Yoshi's alleged preference for a more traditional fantasy setting, I don't think something more "modern" is necessarily off the table, given the track record.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Denishia Squirrel
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnintino View Post
    It hardly seems like he's unwilling to work with what FFXIV gave him, though. He's had plenty of opportunity to shy away from the game's quasi-fantasy/sci-fi design, but the game's only leaned into and expanded upon that as time's gone on. So, while I personally tend to agree with Yoshi's alleged preference for a more traditional fantasy setting, I don't think something more "modern" is necessarily off the table, given the track record.
    I don't think it's off the table at all- quite the opposite. XVI became the story that keeps to a more medieval aesthetic (and even then lore preview hints at the importance of formerly floating advance civilization) while XIV is strongly in a SF/Fantasy complete with what themes, tropes, and stories it tackles.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lythia Norvaine
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    The advantage of having world regions that are relatively isolated from each other means that you can have different cultures with different levels of technological and magical expertise. This lends itself well to a themepark design. Garlemald has modern roads and even automobiles like the Novus D. There's probably more of this to be seen in other Garlean-colonized regions of Ilsabard.

Perhaps the South Sea Isles have design features reminiscent of Spira. Perhaps there are parts of Meracydia that reference the Iifa tree from FF9 or the hidden technological genius of Esthar from FF8. It could be that someone is building Mako Reactors in the New World. You can have all these things coexist in the same world simply because travel to these regions isn't readily available yet. And that's before even taking shard travel into account.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Elviane Urleaux
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I would love to see further usages of paved roads and the like. Ala Mhigo already had street lamps all throughout the province, I'd be happy to see more of the highway that lead through the Magna Glacies lead into another province.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Didimiaou Mimimiaou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 71
    Quote Originally Posted by Eisi View Post
    Erenville is going home! Does anybody know where he's from?
    We've got the answer about Erenville's origins in his sidestory, in the lasts paragraphs: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes.../sidestory_02/
    But maybe he went to other countries before landing on Sharlayan ? But I doubt about it when we talk about his recent role in the 6.4 MSQ and how the text is written at the end.
    (0)
    Last edited by Didimiaou; 06-03-2023 at 11:12 AM.
    J'ai dit une bêtise ? Votre avis est différent ? N’hésitez pas à me contacter !

Player
    Character
    Elviane Urleaux
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    That doesn't answer anything about his origins though, that just says that he is going to go soon.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Didimiaou Mimimiaou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 71
    Quote Originally Posted by Narnio View Post
    That doesn't answer anything about his origins though, that just says that he is going to go soon.
    One day—perhaps when his part in their adventures is ended—he will lay to rest a long-deferred matter. That which had confronted him in his faraway home long before he took his new name, and chose to walk the gleaner's path.

Isn't "his faraway home" his origins ? Viera change name when they leave their land, that is why the text is talking about "his new name".
    (0)
    J'ai dit une bêtise ? Votre avis est différent ? N’hésitez pas à me contacter !

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast