Player
    Character
    Autechre Voidmoon
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransu View Post
    BRD was fine. It wasn't too strong, nor was it weak. It required a heavy reliance on teammates, but could pick people off pretty well when played right with their burst phase. The nerf is overkill and destroys their ability to finish off enemies.
    Found the problem. Hah.

But seriously, playing support jobs in PvP is awful when 75% of the players you get don't know how to press buttons on their keyboard or controller.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Eaulnaux Fabubon
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    I consider it a little silly that the -15s to charge LB is a change only to FL. That's the real weakness in BRD's kit compared to other jobs.

A Limit Break that is only useable once in a match, and will only *slightly* increase the charge rate of other people's LB's. Also, only if I'm not killed during the animation lock. Also, only while I'm still alive. Also, only if I'm in range of them.

And in 90% of my CC matches, by the time my LB is up - the match already has a winner.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Esdeath Hankokku
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Bard is over, my first play today was in total shock in what they did with it, you literally can't do anything, you need to be in melee range to be able to even try to kill anyone and makes the already 0 def Bard an instant kill target for the entire team, Bard was to begin with the weakest job in PVP, and now they made sure of it to be the worst of all, for what reason i have no idea, i wouldn't care if they just nerfed the duration, i'm not even mad about making it do 0 damage, but making the range so short makes the entire job a joke, even thought it was a joke to begin with. So far you had impact if your team was good, and you were totally useless if your team was bad, now you make no impact even with a god or bad team, Square Enix always makes the most useless changes, this made me don't even care about pvp, and the only reason why i will go in from today forward is to do my 1-2 Fronline/day for the rewards doing absolutely nothing in the entire match.
    (9)

Character
    Raansu Omiyari
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterNublet View Post
    Found the problem. Hah.

But seriously, playing support jobs in PvP is awful when 75% of the players you get don't know how to press buttons on their keyboard or controller.
    It wasn't awful prior. If you played it smart you could easily pick off enemies fast. Yes, it had heavy reliance on teammates, but it was also really good at snubbing out players quickly, you just had to be smart about it. It wasn't a strong carry job like DRG could be, but it could turn the tide of a fight very quickly. Now it just doesn't have that threat anymore.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Eaulnaux Fabubon
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransu View Post
    It wasn't awful prior. If you played it smart you could easily pick off enemies fast. Yes, it had heavy reliance on teammates, but it was also really good at snubbing out players quickly, you just had to be smart about it. It wasn't a strong carry job like DRG could be, but it could turn the tide of a fight very quickly. Now it just doesn't have that threat anymore.
    You know, now that I think on it - its always been in kind of a weird place with its range.

The Bard's two primary attacks are 'line' attacks - dealing damage to any it passes through. But the job deals damage based on range. So do you stand at max range of your target to deal the most damage, or move in and aim at the furthest target out so you can get residual damage on the 'pack' and risk taking hits yourself. Now you've got this weird 15y range on the silence where, if you were playing option A - you're not going to be able to toss out a CC against that person at max range. So I have no idea how they're even thinking the job is supposed to be played now.

You definitely aren't going to be doing noticeable damage. All jobs should be able to out-damage you (Even Tanks/Healers) - and some jobs should be pulling 2-3x your numbers, easily.

I suppose if there's a silver lining, I've had people tell me they try to blow their purify on the silence and in many cases, since the duration is so short, they end up just wasting it and not getting the 5s of immunity since the server didn't acknowledge that they removed anything.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Niko'to Seleuca
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    The bard nerf is out of touch completely.
    (7)
    Keepers of the Moon get zero worthwhile represntation in the game and are greatly overshadowed by Seekers, despite having much better lore.

Give us more Keepers, give us a new Shroud zone! And bring back the physical differences between the two, give keepers back the longer tails.

Player
    Character
    Rion Cousland
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 90
    i dont even play BRD and i think the nerf was uncalled for, be it as a teammate or an opponent or whether it was to my advantage or disadvantage i thought brd was fine, not really that much of a threat to warrant a reduction this hard
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lambda Theos
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    The range nerf is awfull and show how peoples in charge of balancing are not playing the game.

Forcing Bard into close range BUT THE CLASS IS DESIGNED TO BE AT MAXIMUM RANGE is the dumbest thing they could do.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Anna Steele
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    seems in line with my polymorph nerf from last year. bummer dude. oh well
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maximus Aed
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 64
    Yea the changes were unwarranted. BRD is a very safe support dps that can't hard carry games by itself, but the devs thought the silence was carrying them which is pretty amusing. I'm wondering who in the world was complaining about BRDs being op in CC. lmao.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast