Player
    Character
    Asael K'ni'roux
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90

Question about ARR UI

I'm not sure where to post this so hence its in the general section, my question has to do with the UI for ARR, not going to state how I feel about said UI and the action bar and all that, but why do we have to have our HP, TP, and MP bars displayed 2x...underneath the action bar and up in the lefthand corner of the screen, would it be possible to have them displayed once as opposed to twice, I know its a small thing but I was just curious.
    thnx.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Velhart Aurion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Allistar View Post
    I'm not sure where to post this so hence its in the general section, my question has to do with the UI for ARR, not going to state how I feel about said UI and the action bar and all that, but why do we have to have our HP, TP, and MP bars displayed 2x...underneath the action bar and up in the lefthand corner of the screen, would it be possible to have them displayed once as opposed to twice, I know its a small thing but I was just curious.
    thnx.
    Only a theory, but possibly to make things easier for healers. I am sure you will be able to hit cure on the action bar, then pick on the list who you want to heal by clicking their bar. I know whenever I healed in MMO's. I kept my hand on the number keys for activating the ability, then have my mouse ready to click whichever bar needed healing (including my own).

I think it is for convenience sake. You might be able to toggle it off if you don't think it is necessary. We will see.
    (2)

You can probably cut off the bottom one if they're smart, since adding it to party list and separately is redundant and an unnecessary loop.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    I like the bottom bars. This is more near the focus field of the eye.
    But it could be nice to toogle off the party table during solo play.
    (2)
    Last edited by Felis; 12-05-2012 at 01:45 AM.

Player
    Character
    Myranda Al'cyoene
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis View Post
    I like the bottom bars. But it could be nice to toogle off the party table during solo play.
    This. I'd occasionally find myself almost dying when healing because I was paying too much attention to everyone else's bars that I'd forget to check my own since it wasn't shown in the full list. I want myself listed in the party roster, but there's no need to see it while solo.
    (2)
    Check out my Eorzean fonts! - Twitter: @MyrandaFFXIV
    http://dachoutom.no-ip.org/ffxiv/fonts.html
    The Astronomical Society of Eorzea!
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/142965-The-Astronomical-Society-of-Eorzea

Player
    Character
    Doctor Beatbox
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    I'm surprised more people aren't here to defend this feature. This game is all about them, so you'd think the ability to look at their own HP/MP/TP in more than one way would be right up their alley!
    (0)

Character
    Wolfie Wu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I think it's fine. It's not really a big deal to have some duplicate information on the screen and I assume the UI will be able to be scaled down, so it doesn't take up a huge amount of space.

And once they open up the UI for modding, you'll be able to do whatever you want with it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Teuciont Arbedechi
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    As a healer, I'm not looking at my HP/MP/TP, I'm looking at the party list. So having myself there helps make sure I don't forget to heal myself as well.
    (2)

Character
    Wolfie Wu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Although the UI is still probably in the middle of being changed as a result of feedback, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a way to toggle between having the player health bars at the bottom or at the top.
    (0)