Character
    Danielle Osmond
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Renathras View Post
    snip
    Yeah, the outrage of no healer TOP clear? No one cares. That’s literally the 0.000000003% of ppl can do that and I can agree with Xeno & Artharas(not spell correcting it) on that discussion. The fight was just a bad design. Wasn’t focused on AoE healing and mitigation, lack of a bleeding debuff so able to survive it with single heals is just bad design. There’s no need to buff healers whether it’s potency increase or more DPS. They’ll just add debuffs, AoE dmg back to back, adjust LBs on future content. Will the vast majority pull this stunt of no healer TOP clear? Heck no, no one got time for that. Ppl will brush it off like it never happened..
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Cat Toy
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I know I meant we're pressing our one skill spam. If we are already doing damage mostly then it should be expanded is what I meant.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Wind-up Everyone
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 52
    Oh I see, that would probably do it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zolmation Volt
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmond View Post
    The fight was just a bad design. Wasn’t focused on AoE healing and mitigation, lack of a bleeding debuff so able to survive it with single heals is just bad design.
    this is litterally 90% of fights. They always design fights like this. The only reason people don't run 1 or 0 healers more is because its not the default parsing method on fflogs.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Maximus Aed
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 64
    Pretty sure boredom is huge when factoring in game design. Maybe that's just me.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Junhee Hatsuharu
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Healing will never be "enough" when it's choreographed and predictable.

You can plan everything out and current healer design doesn't support constant GCD healing output.

The only things that may need constant checking is boss crit autos.

There's really no way around it. Esuna is generally one-dimensional and Throttle is bad example IMO.

The reason some 1 healer runs aren't possible are certain mechanics that require two healers or the mechanic being too unpredictable with targetting a pseudo healer target.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Danielle Osmond
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolvolt View Post
    this is litterally 90% of fights. They always design fights like this. The only reason people don't run 1 or 0 healers more is because its not the default parsing method on fflogs.
    Not always. Probably didn’t expect it to happen that way so I see no reason to get upset over it. I was more surprised that it could be done with the tools it was given. It’s a very pointless thing to get annoyed over because future content won’t happen again.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Samantha Redgrayve
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    It’s a very pointless thing to get annoyed over because future content won’t happen again.
    But it's not, because previous fights have also been cleared with 'less than the standard 2 healers'. E4S was cleared with zero healers, on patch, for example. TEA was solo healed. DSR was solo healed. This, is different however, because previously where we had 'Savages getting zero healed, Ultimates getting solo healed', implying there's still at least enough damage to warrant ONE healer (presumably spamming healing GCDs very heavily to keep up with the raid damage), this time it's on patch, no outgearing, no 'potencies are wacky cos of it being an expansion later' like TankCOB. Just 'the hardest fight currently in the game was beaten with zero healers'. This shows that not only is the idea of 'them adding more healing requirements to push us to use the extra heal tools they keep forcing on us' not true, it's actually the opposite: healing is getting less reliant on 'how fast can you restore HP' and more reliant on 'how well can you mitigate'. They're not just 'not fixing the problem', it's actively getting worse over time.

Consider that when we saw a zero healer run of say, an extreme trial for the first time, people probably went 'yeh but these are really good players, it doesn't matter that they zero-healer cleared it!'. Then the first Savage got cleared with zero healers, and people went 'yeh but these are really good players, it doesn't matter that they zero-healer cleared it!'. Now it's an ultimate and we hear it again, like a broken record player. At what point do we accept that, actually, being able to drop an entire 1/3 of the trinity, in a trinity based MMO, should not be possible to pull off, regardless of the group's skill? Everyone's pretty surprised it can be done. The reason some are angry, is the fact it CAN be done at all. It SHOULDN'T be doable like this. It'd be like beating the enrage timers with a team with no-DPS players.

Besides all of that though, looking at just the healer role in particular: If the whole draw of 'pure healers', that of 'they can push massive amounts of HPS quick' is not being utilized, even in the hardest fight in the game, as shown by how much everything is just mit-checks now, then the pure-barrier split has completely failed. Why bring a WHM, when SGE has enough 'push big heals when needed' tools like Pneuma, and also has 5x as much mit?
    (19)

Player
    Character
    Zolmation Volt
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 70
    If anything should be read its ForsakenRoe's post.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Sebazy Spiritwalker
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Not always. Probably didn’t expect it to happen that way so I see no reason to get upset over it. I was more surprised that it could be done with the tools it was given. It’s a very pointless thing to get annoyed over because future content won’t happen again.
    As I pointed out earlier, Coil Turn 1 took nearly 2 years after it's release before it was cleared without healers.

Now it's routine to see this happen in the highest levels of content within the same patch. If there's a trend or precedent that suggests that this won't happen again, I'm missing it.
    (7)
    ~ WHM / badSCH / Snob ~ http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/871132/ ~

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast