Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Player
    Character
    Sekieki Rikka
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    No one is made you have way too many assumptions. When I see ToP was cleared without a healer -- PVE content that's supposed to be the hardest possible in this game, that tells me that balance right now definitely needs a serious looking into. Elemental Materia was always useless yes, however that's not to say interesting Materia can't be made. Also, the main stat Materia used to have its uses even if it was limited to tanks.
    (0)

Character
    Raansu Omiyari
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by EggRollBandit View Post
    Well obviously I disagree but am humble enough to speak on only my behalf and not "we's". That aside it would not be either cookie cutter or pointless it would serve for sake of diversity. Cookie cutter is getting a job to max level, using the same rotation, gear and materia as everyone else with no alternatives being possible whatsoever. Why even have materia in this game when it doesn't serve a purpose of real customization but rather a Gil sink..
    I have been playing MMO's since 1999. I promise you when I say that diversity is a lie. Every single MMO that has copied WoW's skill tree system has followed the exact same pattern. Most of the tree's are trash and there's generally one path that is optimal or some weird hybrid that breaks balance which ALWAYS leads to the developers removing skill trees down the road (especially as they raise the level cap) for some talent system that equally has the exact same problems where there is one set path and everything is worthless. "Diversity" in skill/talent trees is a complete lie.
    (2)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3