Player
    Character
    Kameal Quinn
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90

The Ruby Dragon, for bad luck people only

So I want to hear from the people that had or are having crappy luck on this fish.

I'm going on 15 to 20+ windows without catching this. I honestly lost count.

Has anyone else had equally bad luck on this or worse. I'm just trying to get an understanding on what I'm in for.

I honestly don't even think I've had a bite either, and I'm wondering if it's a 100% land if it does bite. Because it's average is a 33s bite and I don't recall every getting a bite of Ku'er that has taken that long.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Wind-up Everyone
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 52
    It’s 26-40s, ku’er stops at 24s when mooched. It can be quite miserable if ku’er won’t get on your line, but with prestacked aa, msb and p2 you can pretty much outlast the window.

I’m fairly sure it’s not 100% catch, think I lost some longer bites along the way before I set up my disappointment macro.

If it’s any consolation, rd was the last fish I caught for big fish and one of the first I started trying to catch.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Karuru Karu
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    I also had 2 or 3 longer times and lost the fish, I guess that was the Ruby Dragon.

Also took me like 3 years to finally catch it just a few days ago, but with many long breaks inbetween.
    (0)
    It’s a good thing not to answer your enemies. I scarcely ever do. Perhaps Emily is more like me than I am like myself. Perhaps she would rather not answer her friends, even. She keeps it all in her heart.

Player
    Character
    Zira Zira
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    At least its not the Lancet abortion, you can actually play the game if all you need is Ruby Dragon and the !!!s are common, it's just slippery so at minimum you get the illusion of getting close to fishing it.
    I haven't been able to get a single Lancet int all week without missing ANY lancet windows and always jailing, Mora has got to be the top 3 rarest fish in the game.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Samantha Redgrayve
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Every big fish has an inherent 'fail' chance, even if you're at way higher gathering rating than it requires to catch. Since the Ku'er is a big fish too, the mooch chain can be broken at any time by a Ku'er > Ku'er roll failing to catch. I don't know why SE decided that, as a new 'difficulty' for big fishing alongside 'certain weather' and 'certain time', why they decided 'hey what if we made it so they have to catch a different big fish and mooch it to get the new one'. What's next, real life Moon Phases? 'Can only catch during a real world Lunar Eclipse'? Reminds me of a funny idea I had, where a new big fish would be catchable at any time, any weather, and only a few people get it, everyone's confused what the conditional is, and then everyone realizes that the people who caught it are from the same server, so the condition is 'you have to be on X world to catch it'

I got Ruby on like, the second window or something fast after I started going hard on big fishing. That good luck was counteracted by Stethacanthus and Warden being absolute bastards. And later in SHB, Lancetfish was awful. Everyone has a 'Moby Dick' in big fishing, I think. At least now we can Surface Slap one of the fish off the table to indirectly boost Ku'er chances. That, plus Makeshift Bait, allow for a little bit more control over 'not getting screwed quite as bad'
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fruity Snacks
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    I had Ruby slip 3 times on me before it stuck...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tiger Undie
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    it took me about 50 windows, I caught ~200 ku'er until I got ruby. A friend caught it first attempt with his very first ku'er mooch right next to me tho (it was his first big fish ever)
    (0)