Character
    Cha Pepe
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90

Unable to complete version update [30426][19900][740]

Hello!

I have woken up this morning to my game client telling me I can't log in, due to this error I've mentioned in the title.

I have since re-installed the game, adjusted my firewall/ antivirus to allow each program access, and reset my modem, as per the suggestions of almost every website online when I search for this issue.

Does anyone have a solution or another suggestion as to how I could tackle this? It's disheartening after reinstalling a nearly 90GB game that it's providing me with the same error message!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Harriks Kasan
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Try closing every other program except FFXIV. For me it was discord. Everytime I have discord running in the background during updates I'd get the same error as you. Can't say I understand why though
    (1)

Greetings Adventurer!

We would be happy to assist with your concern. Please try the following troubleshooting to see if this helps with the connection issues you are experiencing. Open the control panel of the PC and go to ‘Network and Internet’. Once there select ‘Internet Options’.

- Under the "General" tab, please delete ALL browser history.
    - Under the "Security" tab, please move the slider to the lowest possible settings or no higher than "Medium"
    - Under the "Privacy" tab, click “Advanced” and select ‘Accept’ under both First Party and Third Party Cookies.
    - Under the "Advanced" tab, please make sure that "Allow software to run or install even if signature is invalid" is CHECKED.
    - Make sure that all SSL and TLS (EXCEPT SSL 3.0) are CHECKED. [SSL 3.0 should be UNCHECKED]
    - Hit "Apply" to save the settings, and then "OK, to close the Internet Options menu.
    - Right-Click on the FFXIV launcher icon and select "Properties"
    - Hit "Apply", then "OK" to save the changes.
    - Please RESTART your PC now. Once your PC has been restarted, Right-Click the FFXIV launcher icon once more and select "Run as Administrator"
    *Make sure your fire wall or antivirus program is not interfering with the game

Next, check to see if the following port ranges are opened on your router. You can contact your ISP and request they open them for you
    ▼TCP
    54992 through 54994,
    55006 through 55007,
    55021 through 55040

Try disabling background applications and do a clean boot by opening the task manager and selecting the “Start up” tab. Disable everything and then restart the PC.

Lastly, we suggest to power cycle the router by shutting down the Router and leaving the power supply unplugged for 5-10 minutes. 

- Flush DNS: Within the "Command Prompt" of the device, please type the command "ipconfig /flushdns".
    - Reset TCP/IP: Also within the Command Prompt, type the command "netsh int ip reset" and then restart the computer.
    - Delete the Patch Folder: Navigate to the folder using this path This PC > Docs > My Games> FFXIV ARR > Downloads > FFXIV patch (Use for either the version update error or cannot download patch files error)
    Then either rename or remove the folder, the next time FINAL FANTASY XIV is launched, the client will repair the folder.
    - Change local DNS: Please try changing the local DNS server to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
    - Delete local files with corrupted character data, please note this will not delete the associated characters.

If you do not see an improvement, please feel free to respond to this thread for further troubleshooting.

Thank you for visiting the FINAL FANTASY XIV Technical Support Forums!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cha Pepe
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Thank you both for the help!

After following the advice set out to adjust the internet/ network settings it would appear my issue has been resolved!

Several of the steps provided above were not being followed, and several boxes unchecked, so once I had updated this information and restarted the issue has been resolved.
    (0)

Greetings Zhoyan,

Thanks for providing us with an update! We are happy to hear that the issue has been resolved. I'll go ahead and move this thread to the "Support Center Resolved" subforums.

Hope to see you online! Thanks again for visiting the FINAL FANTASY XIV Technical Support Forums.
    (0)