Player
    Character
    Day Healer
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90

Fates with achievements

Am I missing something or the only fates with rewards/achievements this expansion are Daivadipa and Chi? So far we have:

A Realm Reborn [11]: Odin, Behemoth - 2 epic fates / Poor Maid, Redbelly Hive, Highbridge, Dark Devices, Svara - 5 fate chains / 4 boss fates
    Heavensward [7]: Coeurlregina, Noctilucale - 2 epic fates / Metal Gear, Darkscale - 2 fate chains / 3 boss fates
    Stormblood [9]: Foxy Lady, Ixion - 2 epic fates / Humbaba, Dataqi - 2 fate chains / 5 boss fates
    Shadowbringers [6]: Formidable, Archaeotania - 2 epic fates / Nightshade, Elderblade, Fuath, Tojil - 4 fate chains
    Endwalker [2]: Daivadipa, Chi - 2 epic fates

I have been checkin fate chains in Endwalker and I found:

Labyrinthos: Incident Files fate chain
    Garlemald: Artificial Malevolence fate chain
    Mare Lamentorum: Lepus Lamentorum fate chain
    Elpis: Grand Designs fate chain

Is possible they have some sort of reward and no one did notice til today, or are truly Chi/Daiva the only ones in Endwalker? if thats the case, is planned to add more rewarded fates in the future?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Chi/Daiva are the only ones. unlikely anything else will be added. they probably looked at the completion rate of the ones from the previous expansions that weren't the 2 super boss fates they emphasize and said eh, not worth the dev time.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lucretia Ryusagi
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    I wish the game was more clear about how and when they actually spawn, seeing one of them every 3 months seems a bit lame.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Arohk View Post
    I wish the game was more clear about how and when they actually spawn, seeing one of them every 3 months seems a bit lame.
    The "how" they've always left up to the player base to figure out so there are plenty of online guides available. Googling the name of the FATE or the FATE boss will usually send you to one of the guides.

The "when" is 24-36 hours after last spawn then once the "how is met for ARR FATEs and 36-72 hours after last spawn then once the "how" is met for the other expansion FATEs. The major hunt trackers will keep track of last spawn as long as players report them to the trackers.

Hunt discords and linkshells are pretty good about relaying the FATEs on NA. I shouldn't think it would be that different for EU.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Day Healer
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWho2010 View Post
    Chi/Daiva are the only ones. unlikely anything else will be added. they probably looked at the completion rate of the ones from the previous expansions that weren't the 2 super boss fates they emphasize and said eh, not worth the dev time.
    Thats so sad if truth, specially for a completionist like me. Also rewarded fate chains are good content to run with your free company. Such a shame devs forgot about it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hashmael Lightswain
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Hm... mixed feelings. Like... from a different perspective, I can see how it might feel a bit of a waste of time to crack in some achievements just so achievement hunters have an extra achievement to hunt. Because... awful truth is, that's very likely largely the only reason most any previous ones ever get done, is players that feel ticking off one more achievement feels like an accomplishment. It's kinda a small struggle getting anyone gathered to complete any older ones with nothing more to entice beyond "there's an achievement here."

That said... would kinda agree that the achievements were nice as just enough incentive to get a few players grouped for getting them done, for the players that were actually invested in seeing them through. There's an awful shortage of FATEs that offer anything beyond a bare bones "kill the thing" lore to it.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Karuru Karu
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasrat View Post
    Hm... mixed feelings. Like... from a different perspective, I can see how it might feel a bit of a waste of time to crack in some achievements just so achievement hunters have an extra achievement to hunt. Because... awful truth is, that's very likely largely the only reason most any previous ones ever get done, is players that feel ticking off one more achievement feels like an accomplishment. It's kinda a small struggle getting anyone gathered to complete any older ones with nothing more to entice beyond "there's an achievement here."
    In the past these Fates also often had additional rewards like Minions and Triple Triad cards, there also was one with a Chocobo Barding.

But they have moved theses things to the Fate currency vendors now, which is also likely a reason why they have removed these kind of Fates.
    (3)
    It’s a good thing not to answer your enemies. I scarcely ever do. Perhaps Emily is more like me than I am like myself. Perhaps she would rather not answer her friends, even. She keeps it all in her heart.

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DayHealer View Post
    Thats so sad if truth, specially for a completionist like me. Also rewarded fate chains are good content to run with your free company. Such a shame devs forgot about it.
    I doubt it was forgotten. As DrWho said, they probably didn't see enough players participating in ones outside of the big ones with the rewards.

I think that comes down to it felt like the Shadowbringers achievement FATEs (outside of the big ones) didn't get the effort and attention to detail that the Dataqi Chronicles did in Stormblood, which made that FATE chain very popular. We'd organize weekly clears for the Dataqi chain in Stormblood. The Shadowbringers FATEs (outside of the 2 big ones) were very lackluster in comparison so they were "once then done". Gemstone farmers might do them multiple times but then they were doing all the FATEs.

So apparent drop in interest means no use wasting future development time on them. It's a shame they didn't think to ask why players had a good response to Dataqi but not the Shadowbringers chains.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Jain Farstrider
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWho2010 View Post
    they probably looked at the completion rate of the ones from the previous expansions that weren't the 2 super boss fates they emphasize and said eh, not worth the dev time.
    I don't think the completion rate should necessarily matter. I ran the fate chains from HW/SB/ShB during EW so I could get the achievements. When you get to the last 3-4 fates and you put something up in PF, people come out of the woodwork for it. I think it is a great social experience at that point. People come for the achievement... or just to help because it is "different."

However, I'm not sad to see them excluded either. They invested a lot of time in the FATE system - it was a key part of leveling in ARR and then went by the wayside during HW after they patch 51+ dungeon exp to be worth running. We didn't see much of FATEs being in PF until the bicolor gemstones and the Free Market Friend achievements popping up in ShB.

They should do something with FATEs though. Make more FATE chains with something interesting at the end. Are there S-ranks that pop from completing FATEs?
    (1)