Player
    Character
    Death Seraph
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90

Waste Not has bug? Have been getting procs with 6 rather than 4 steps

Hi! I am currently working on Resplendent Tools. Doing the 2 step macro I think many of us use, I sometimes have been getting Waste Not proc with 6 steps instead of 4 steps (which breaks the macro). I have seen it happen more frequently when working on the B and C steps. As a work around, I ended inserting a lonely Observe where I could, for which thankfully I had enough CP left. This allows me to somehow 'waste' those extra Waste Not steps, and try to resync my macro. Has anyone seen something similar with Waste Not? Thank you.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Caimie Tsukino
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by zchronos View Post
    Hi! I am currently working on Resplendent Tools. Doing the 2 step macro I think many of us use, I sometimes have been getting Waste Not proc with 6 steps instead of 4 steps (which breaks the macro). I have seen it happen more frequently when working on the B and C steps. As a work around, I ended inserting a lonely Observe where I could, for which thankfully I had enough CP left. This allows me to somehow 'waste' those extra Waste Not steps, and try to resync my macro. Has anyone seen something similar with Waste Not? Thank you.
    The only chance that a Waste Not will become 6 steps is if you got a "Primed" condition (purple orb).
    Why would having 6 steps of WN break your macro though? It should not matter at all.
    Imagine inserting that extra Observe, but then the next time you run the macro, a different condition pops, then you won't even have enough steps for the rotation then...
    (0)

“The best crafter is not the one with the best stats, but the one who makes the best use of one’s stats” – By Caimie Tsukino

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Caimie_Tsukino View Post
    The only chance that a Waste Not will become 6 steps is if you got a "Primed" condition (purple orb).
    Why would having 6 steps of WN break your macro though? It should not matter at all.
    Imagine inserting that extra Observe, but then the next time you run the macro, a different condition pops, then you won't even have enough steps for the rotation then...
    It could break the macro if Prudent Synthesis or Prudent Touch is being used on the first or second step after the Waste Not should have expired.

Seeing the macro would help.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Caimie Tsukino
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojoya View Post
    It could break the macro if Prudent Synthesis or Prudent Touch is being used on the first or second step after the Waste Not should have expired.

Seeing the macro would help.
    That is very true!

Well, I think it can be resolved by replacing the Prudent Touch line in the macro with the following 2 lines:
    /ac "Prudent Touch"
    /ac "Basic Touch" <wait.3>

The macro will first try to execute Prudent Touch (and without wait time, immediately followed by the Basic Touch). If the Prudent works, then the Basic Touch execution will fail (with an error message), followed by the 3 second wait. If the Prudent fails due to Waste Not effect, then it will immediately execute Basic Touch, then wait 3 seconds.

If zchronos's macro has 2 Prudent Touches immediately after the 4 steps of Waste Not, then this substitute of the 2 lines with the suggested 4 lines will resolve the problem. Of course, this will mean 2 extra lines in the macro, so I am not sure if zchronos has enough space in his macro's part 2 to accommodate the 2 extra lines. Like you said, it'll help if he can show us his macro.

Alternatively, just design macros that do not contain WN before Prudent Touches!

Quote Originally Posted by zchronos View Post
    zchronos, I dug back into one my older threads on the forum, and it turned your problem was already discussed by Kaurhz:
    https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...=1#post5938891

There were already some suggested macros on that thread for Step A and B. With our further increased stats now, those macros will probably work for Step C as well.
    But anyway, in case you need one that was specifically written for C, I have another one for you here that works well too (I forgot who wrote this macro already... probably someone on Reddit):

/ac Reflect <wait.3>
    /ac Manipulation <wait.2>
    /ac Innovation <wait.2>
    /ac "Prudent Touch" <wait.3>
    /ac "Standard Touch" <wait.3>
    /ac "Advanced Touch" <wait.3>
    /ac Innovation <wait.2>
    /ac "Standard Touch" <wait.3>
    /ac "Advanced Touch" <wait.3>

/ac Manipulation <wait.2>
    /ac Innovation <wait.2>
    /ac "Trained Finesse" <wait.3>
    /ac "Great Strides" <wait.2>
    /ac "Byregot's Blessing" <wait.3>
    /ac "Waste Not" <wait.2>
    /ac Veneration <wait.2>
    /ac Groundwork <wait.3>
    /ac Groundwork <wait.3>
    /ac Groundwork <wait.3>
    /ac Groundwork <wait.3>
    (0)

“The best crafter is not the one with the best stats, but the one who makes the best use of one’s stats” – By Caimie Tsukino