Character
    Sethria Tumet
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90

Questions to crafting

Hello,

I have the goal to level all crafters to level 90 and I have questions.

So I researched and found a lot of crafting guides and useful websites: garland, teamcraft etc. As a guide I use Caimies guide and read most of it. Didnt quite understand all of it but is a rather lenghty guide so ... ^^

My crafting career startet in April 2021 until someone told me: play the msq first ... in November '22 I finished most of the msq and startet omni-crafting for sharing gear and ingredients.
    Now I am reaching the level 50 area and now I am puzzled how to reach the lvl 51 recipes.

Before that some infos to my method: I am leveling via crafting log only (with purpose!) - want to learn crafting "the old way" and like Caimie wrote: "Up until now, the most successful crafters I know are still the ones who actually took the time to craft out every single item on their crafting logs."
    I use 10 retainers and wanted to gear them up simultaneously ... it is quite a headache trying that from level 1 on ... Because of that I used a lot more materials and have overleveled quite fast long before I made every recipe 1 time for the exp. bonus.

My crafters are all level 53+ (stats are: craftmanship: 269, control: 264, cp: 294, no buffs, no materia slotted) and I am on weaver for the last lvl 44-50 recipes. I will NOT try making star-recipes bc. I know that these are very difficult to make. So no need to say that.

After this long introduction my questions:

1.: the first level 51 HW recipes say craftmanship rec.: min. 468 ... How do I reach that without BIS ARR gear? Do I have to buy crafting gear via merchants or something?
    2.: Could it be that the max. quality values was reduced in some patch bc. here stands: https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/w..._Halfheart_Sawmax quality 5172 but ingame the same item only needs 2140 quality?

Thanks for your help and answers and tips!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Caimie Tsukino
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Hi Wylaria,

It's good to see someone enjoying the leveling process!

1. What level of gear are you currently using? Are they HQ (make sure they're HQ, as HQ has much higher stats)? I'd suggest upgrading your gear to at least the i50 HQ Patrician's set. For tools, make your own i55 HQ Militia offhand, and use either the i55 mainhand obtained from class quests or the i70 Artisan mainhand tools from Grand Company (need at least Second Lieutenant rank). Then use food such as Blood Tomato Salad (very cheap on the MB), which boosts craftsmanship and CP. You may also meld some low level materia, such as Tier 4 Competence and Cunning Materia, which you can easily retrieve back later when you switch to new gear. IMPORTANT: Keep in mind that the "recommended craftsmanship" is really just for recommendations. You don't have to follow it strictly. You can very well be having a much lower craftsmanship level, and still manage to craft those items. Use a little bit of HQ crafted mats if you need that little bit of help. Then you can spend more of your CP towards progress (which allows you to succeed even with very little craftsmanship), and worry less about pushing quality.

2. Yes, they re-worked everything, and so both the difficulty/quality of the items, as well as the amt of progress/quality you can ditch out were reduced. It was done to "reduce the big numbers" after a few expansions. If you check out the gamerescape website, they have a more up to date description of the Mythrite Halfheart Saw: https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/M..._Halfheart_Saw

Feel free to use an Engineering Manual as well when you craft to further boost your EXP, and remember to log out from either the FC house, Inn or your own private properties to gain resting bonus on EXP.

I believe SE have also updated the Leves now, so they're not bank-breaking anymore, but you can actually earn some gil with them too.

Submitting daily items to GC for provision missions is also great for EXP... I'd check the MB first for anything cheap... If cheap, just buy and submit. If expensive, then craft A FEW yourself, submit one, and sell the rest. Good gil!

Have fun!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jenna Starsong
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Wylaria View Post
    1.: the first level 51 HW recipes say craftmanship rec.: min. 468 ... How do I reach that without BIS ARR gear? Do I have to buy crafting gear via merchants or something?
    You have to remember that when HW came out, most content -combat and non-combat alike- was designed assuming you were wearing either ARR endgame gear or the newly added HW starter catch up gear. Not needing ARR BiS in order to move on is the whole point.

So yes, you're supposed to either craft yourself a set of high end 50 gear, or buy the 51 crafted stuff from a vendor or the MB. That's the intended design. (At 60/70/80 you can skip this entirely and just buy a set of scrip gear.)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sethria Tumet
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Thank you for the answer! Yeah crafting is a lot of fun!
    What level of gear are you currently using?
    https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...cter/32417484/

I hope you can see it. Thanks for the tips. Now I have some options with items. If I need these offhand tools then I need some of the unspoiled resources. I am not that familiar with these things (all is new for me ).

I try to HQ everything. Some crafts fail bc. you are unlucky (or because I misclick the wrong macro lol).

Actually I bought for testing purpose the lvl 51 ingredients for one recipe and I managed to craft and HQ it with the stats mentioned above ... it was difficult but if I can do it once I can do it multiple times
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Caimie Tsukino
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Wylaria View Post
    I hope you can see it. Thanks for the tips. Now I have some options with items. If I need these offhand tools then I need some of the unspoiled resources. I am not that familiar with these things (all is new for me ).

I try to HQ everything. Some crafts fail bc. you are unlucky (or because I misclick the wrong macro lol).

Actually I bought for testing purpose the lvl 51 ingredients for one recipe and I managed to craft and HQ it with the stats mentioned above ... it was difficult but if I can do it once I can do it multiple times
    Yea, I can see it. You're using a bunch of level 40-ish items, and some accessories are even in the lv 30s.... about time to do some upgrades on gear! Maybe just directly make that first Heavensward set.

If you can craft the level 51 items, chances are that you may also craft the level 52 and 53 ones as well. That means you may not even need the i55 offhands, and may go directly to the first set of offhands in the Heavesward recipes. Then you don't need to fiddle with getting unspoiled items. However, gathering of unspoiled mats is a very critical part of the game, especially in endgame. It is also a powerful way of earning gil every time when the game adds new unspoiled mats as well. So you may wanna dig into that at some point.

We are humans after all. We may mistakes all the times. I have NQ-ed countless items myself. Some really got me disappointed. But we learn along the way, and we get better and better!

Never forget that excitement when you overcome that seemingly impossible challenge of a difficult recipe!
    (0)

“The best crafter is not the one with the best stats, but the one who makes the best use of one’s stats” – By Caimie Tsukino

Player
    Character
    Sethria Tumet
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Thanks again! Yeah the earring accessory ... I know I know. Could not yet make the higher level one because I am stuborn and wanted to gather the red coral by myself and my fisher is a little bit behind Soon I will level the fisher, I promise.
    My wording regarding unspoiled nodes was bad: I gathered some unspoiled things and the lvl 50? gatherer quests taught me the basics. The thing I didnt do was "grinding" for much unspoiled things in the arr zones because I dont know when they spawn. I know I have skills for that or websites but ... I am not in the mood for farming the unspoiled things for level 50 recipes. I know how crucial this is at lvl 90 though.

My gear was not uptodate and in the last few hours I made a bunch of weaver clothing that pushed some items ... so that will help a little bit. The arr 1-star recipes and tools I am trying to avoid if possible bc the unspoiled nodes spawn times are ... problematic and it is more efficient if I go to heavensward zones I guess.

I am excited learning new things and I have a lot of blue quests in Ishgard (collectables and other things) to complete and learn the mechanics behind it.
    (0)