Player
    Character
    Zeth Hiryu
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90

Have any Big Fish been added for use in aquariums after their release?

For those that have really been keeping tabs on this type of thing, has there ever been a case of unique big fish becoming available after the fact for aquariums?

I don't remember if aquariums were added after big fish, but I don't mean ones that were old enough to be added when aquariums were first introduced if that was the case. I mean if anything was added much later in an update after already being available to catch without originally being usable in aquariums.

Since I started big fishing I've got some that I think are rather cool looking but aren't available for use. And since some are annoying to get I don't want to get rid of them if there's a reasonable chance they might be added later.

I know it's not impossible for it to ever happen, but I'd rather know if it's been done before to see if it's plausible. Otherwise I probably won't remain hopeful and just save my inventory/retainer selling slots for space.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lufie Newleaf
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Yeah, cba to go back through patch notes to say which ones but I'm sure that's happened before. If a rare fish looks nice there's a chance of it getting a 3D model for aquariums after the patch it was introduced, especially if people ask for it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ruin Darkstride
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I know Coral Manta and Stonescale were updated to be used in Aquariums.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Aquarium/Fish

You can scroll through the list for the big fish that can be used in the Aquariums. They'll have the graduated green backgrounds in the icons. The blue backgrounds are the Ocean Fishing big fish.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fruity Snacks
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    All big fish in aquariums are added after they have been released, as no big fish has been added to an aquarium the same patch that it's been added.

Also any fish from any expansion could be added at any time, so we could see ARR fish added to Aquariums in 6.0, for example.
    (0)