Player
    Character
    Ggwppino Yarappoi
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90

QoL useful but missing

Currently the design and development team have started to move into implementing QoLs which I am appreciating, these are proposals that I hope will be considered, and which could make everyone's gameplay less convoluted.
    • It would be useful to know all the statuses of my party and not have the visual limit of only 5 statuses. I often find that I can't see my buff and not know if someone has been buffed. It would also be useful to stand out, after the statuses of the raid mechanics, the statuses that I apply to my party without having to go looking for them
    • It would be useful to be able to retarget the enemy when an offensive ability is used, if I had the target on a party member
    • It would be useful for the ress to have a preset message without having to use macros and thus able remain in the ability queue
    (0)
    Last edited by Ggwppino; 01-31-2023 at 10:11 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kaenby Kaby
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    1. There is an option to increase the number of status of party members if I remember right, but the default value will still be 5 because more could lead to to much space occuped.

2. Maybe an option to turn back to focalised target ? Could be usefull.

3. I think it would be pretty much useless considering few people actually use macro with target name. And fewer people read log message in fight.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ggwppino Yarappoi
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkthor View Post
    1. There is an option to increase the number of status of party members if I remember right, but the default value will still be 5 because more could lead to to much space occuped.

2. Maybe an option to turn back to focalised target ? Could be usefull.

3. I think it would be pretty much useless considering few people actually use macro with target name. And fewer people read log message in fight.
    1. You are right, there is already the possibility to increase the limit. My Bad

2. Personally I thought to follow the rule that is currently used if you have not selected any target. But your proposal is also good. if they can merge them would be even better. Your proposal as a first case and mine as a fallback (if you have no one focalized target).

3. Currently in pf it often happens to waste the ress on an already ressed person, unlike the statics where there is the vc which helps to reach an agreement. In my opinion, having the macro is just an unfair trade of gcd to be able to communicate in chat.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ggwppino; 02-01-2023 at 08:41 PM.

Player
    Character
    Viz Vale
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    (0)
    Will put you on ignore if you can't form a logical argument but argue nonetheless

Player
    Character
    Ggwppino Yarappoi
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by BRVV View Post
    unfortunately nope. If you target your own party memeber and use an offensive ability, you get a message that the target is invalid.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Viz Vale
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Ah yeah... i always use mouse over for targeting party members
    (0)
    Will put you on ignore if you can't form a logical argument but argue nonetheless

Player
    Character
    Fannah Loydera
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 60
    For your number 2 problem, isn't there any official macro that can help you doing so ?
    Personnaly, I do have official macro that automatically target the opponent, like " /targetlastenemy "
    (0)
    Last edited by Fannah; 02-02-2023 at 06:25 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ggwppino Yarappoi
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Fannah View Post
    For your number 2 problem, isn't there any official macro that can help you doing so ?
    Personnaly, I do have official macro that automatically target the opponent, like " /targetlastenemy "
    i dunno, but macro honestly, for the same reason as 3 problem, its an unfair trade of ability queue. Personally I find macros very useful, but outside of fight.
    Currently I press tab, with the mouse on target or focus target, but the whole point is to automate the targeting as it was added when you have not selected any target. Sometimes I have selected aparty member and then I use an attack and get the invalid target message. I'd like to extend the auto-targeting of offensive abilities, even when targeting a party member
    (0)
    Last edited by Ggwppino; 02-02-2023 at 06:43 AM.

Player
    Character
    Fannah Loydera
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 60
    What is the class you're playing and thinking about when you want to focus an ally, then coming back to the enemy? (Yes, in a way, there are different ways according to your class and the nature of your action)

Indeed, if there is only one target, as in boss fights, then as you said, just use Tab, it's extremely fast and easy to use.
    (0)
    Last edited by Fannah; 02-02-2023 at 07:04 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ggwppino Yarappoi
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Sure, but so is dps pressing tab and using their attacks. Clearly it is something that may not exist, but it is precisely a QoL that would make the transition between party member and enemy less convulted. It's so clear that if I'm using an attack I'm not using it on my party member
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast