Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Hope Sunflame
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Sounds like a self-feeding cycle. Some portion of those players doing the content know that these would be expensive, so they collect them instead of selling - and on the other end you have people like my friends who see those rare items, and look to keep the price as high as possible when selling.
    (0)
    Mortal Fist

Player
    Character
    Lufie Newleaf
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    I need another week on the submersible. Like at least a few more days to reach rank 105, then waiting to return from the final sector for a chance at the new minion. It's weird how sub rank just keeps climbing to the moon, but the old airships are still back at rank 50 cap iirc and not getting updates.

As for the new treasure maps, they really locked one of the minions behind landing on the silver panel which is so rare it's probably not even common knowledge that it can happen. On the old maps, somebody said it took them around 950 runs to hit silver 'abomination' once.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Stouter Taru
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Sub rewards are up on the MB: I've sold a Bantam Train minion and a few of the Alchemist tabletop furniture/ingredients for it. My subs are just hitting max level tonight, so first ventures back from max level zones will be tomorrow. No sign of the Suzusaurus minion or any new Orchestrion rolls yet

The feathers for previous map mount hung around 3M each on my server for most of last year, and Phaethon horns drop at about the same rate that those did. Everyone is doing the new maps, the Pinky tonics drop from the old ones, and I'm guessing those have the same drop rate as the horns/feathers. New map minions are won the same way the Golden Beaver was in 5.3, which was around 10M on my server a year after it was introduced

Quote Originally Posted by Rufalus View Post
    As for the new treasure maps, they really locked one of the minions behind landing on the silver panel which is so rare it's probably not even common knowledge that it can happen. On the old maps, somebody said it took them around 950 runs to hit silver 'abomination' once.
    I have no idea on an exact count, but I did well over a thousand maps after they introduced the 5.x roulette, and saw the Silver Frog once. The spin didn't even land on the silver circle; it landed on Atamos, which flipped over to silver
    (1)
    Last edited by StouterTaru; 01-24-2023 at 10:31 PM.

Player
    Character
    Liam Harper
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I don't know about others, but our FC subs tend to ignore new areas and items and just focus on raw gil from the Salvaged items. Sure, we might get lucky on one of the money items and might sell it before it drops in price ...or we can bring in steady, consistent income.

I'm not complaining. All of our funds go back into the FC and our members, but I can see how maybe not everyone is chasing rng items.

As for maps, the minions are just extremely rare and maps aren't done quite as often. We used to do map nights all the time in FC, but participation has plummeted. They've been the same for years now and often not worth the time unless you're lucky.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kurotora Iga
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Urielparadox View Post
    the sub/airship system is awful. my old FC we spent 4 months trying to unlock one location because we would never get the rng luck of it unlocking when it explored it. 4 months for a middle point location. From what my current fc leader has told me the new areas are even worse for discovery and my old FC has never missed a sub and is still struggling unlock stuff from this expansion.
    !?!?

Send 4 ships same locations to unlock and also you need to hit the areas in the vicinity around the spots you need to unlock, the community helps.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Stouter Taru
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by StouterTaru View Post
    I did well over a thousand maps after they introduced the 5.x roulette, and saw the Silver Frog once. The spin didn't even land on the silver circle; it landed on Atamos, which flipped over to silver
    As soon as I say this, we got 2 Silver rolls in the same day out of about a dozen maps and saw both minions. First from a choke, then from a straight roll.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Miyako Aikawa
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam_Harper View Post
    As for maps, the minions are just extremely rare and maps aren't done quite as often. We used to do map nights all the time in FC, but participation has plummeted. They've been the same for years now and often not worth the time unless you're lucky.
    Come to think of it, I wonder if certain aspects of Endwalker content have something to do with this.

Maps (hunts, too - have they been in decline as well? Or has easy materia and tome upgrades for raiders sustained them nonetheless?) work best if you can fly in all the zones the map might be in.

One begins to wonder if a lot of people (especially the more casual kind for whom maps and glam are endgame) noped out of flying because of certain obnoxious things like a certain blue-haired lad and therefore, may be less interested in overworld content now in general?
    (0)

Character
    Deveryn Ev'liarsh
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarande View Post
    Come to think of it, I wonder if certain aspects of Endwalker content have something to do with this.

Maps (hunts, too - have they been in decline as well? Or has easy materia and tome upgrades for raiders sustained them nonetheless?) work best if you can fly in all the zones the map might be in.

One begins to wonder if a lot of people (especially the more casual kind for whom maps and glam are endgame) noped out of flying because of certain obnoxious things like a certain blue-haired lad and therefore, may be less interested in overworld content now in general?
    Hunts have their peaks. We're in one right now because of the moonshine bits being available for nuts.

As far as maps go, I've opted out of PF because of some drama and the fact that I can't seem to win anything especially when I'm the only one getting us to the end. I'd rather do that with friends, but they're usually doing other things.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    only 1 out of my 4 subs just hit 105 today. so it'll be another 40 hours or so until they come back from the final two sectors where the one orchestrion roll and the suzusaurus minion come from. no guarantee that it'll find it first time. the other 3 subs were just shy of 105 so it'll be another 30 before they come back again. maybe with more ominous plating, which i made a bantam train minion and sold others, which of the funds i've used to buy the burning horns, exciting tonics, and the philo and aidoneus minions. (because my treasure map luck is horrendous).
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2