Player
    Character
    Jain Farstrider
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Caimie_Tsukino View Post
    Partially laziness (which I don't blame... 130 quests are a lot of quests), but also partially to be consistent with the way that was set in ShB. It'd feel awkward to change back to class quests in EW after grouping them into role quests ShB.
    Convenient excuse for them. That's like if I did my job the same way for 8 years and then told my boss I'm going to do 1/4th of my job and they have to continue paying me. No, I won't do work specific to the task at hand. I'll provide generic solutions only and the customer better like it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Styrmwyda View Post
    One of my problems with leveling Gatherers is it seems harder to gather collectibles for Gatherers (so you can get Gathering Scrips for better gear) than it is to craft collectibles for Crafters. Especially Fisher, which is much more reactive and requires timing.
    Collectables are only one way to level gathering. There's Diadem and leves as well. Just going around to the various nodes and collecting an item for the first time adds up to a decent amount of XP as well.

Fishing is similar except it also has Ocean Voyages.

Leveling gathering really isn't any harder than leveling crafting. The only difference is that it does require travel to get to the node/fishing hole locations instead of being able to by a summoning bell or marketboard.

I'd also suggest using HQ gathering gear instead of the scrip gear. There's nothing wrong with the scrip gear but that's scrip you can be using to get other items and it's easy to craft your own HQ gear to use while leveling (not to mention it's extra XP for your crafting classes).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Styrmwyda Khawyn
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojoya View Post
    Collectables are only one way to level gathering. There's Diadem and leves as well. Just going around to the various nodes and collecting an item for the first time adds up to a decent amount of XP as well.

Fishing is similar except it also has Ocean Voyages.

Leveling gathering really isn't any harder than leveling crafting. The only difference is that it does require travel to get to the node/fishing hole locations instead of being able to by a summoning bell or marketboard.

I'd also suggest using HQ gathering gear instead of the scrip gear. There's nothing wrong with the scrip gear but that's scrip you can be using to get other items and it's easy to craft your own HQ gear to use while leveling (not to mention it's extra XP for your crafting classes).
    I meant more that it's hard to gather collectibles to get better gear, since it is the only way to get Gatherer Scrips. I wish doing Diadem Gathering also gave you Gatherer's Scrips, since that is the main area I gather from to level.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Caimie Tsukino
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    I meant more that it's hard to gather collectibles to get better gear, since it is the only way to get Gatherer Scrips. I wish doing Diadem Gathering also gave you Gatherer's Scrips, since that is the main area I gather from to level.
    It is widely-recognized that leveling FSH in Diadem is not as fast as leveling in Ocean Fishing. However, Diadem fishing is definitely more relaxing since Ocean Fishing can be a bit intense sometimes during Spectral Currents. If you do prefer to level in Diadem, please don't forget to pop an appropriate type of Survival Manual together with food to boost EXP
    (0)

“The best crafter is not the one with the best stats, but the one who makes the best use of one’s stats” – By Caimie Tsukino

Player
    Character
    Styrmwyda Khawyn
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    It is widely-recognized that leveling FSH in Diadem is not as fast as leveling in Ocean Fishing. However, Diadem fishing is definitely more relaxing since Ocean Fishing can be a bit intense sometimes during Spectral Currents. If you do prefer to level in Diadem, please don't forget to pop an appropriate type of Survival Manual together with food to boost EXP
    I was more referring to MIN and BTN.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    But that's why I brought up using HQ gear instead of going after the scrip gear. You can make that on demand as long as your crafting classes are leveled high enough for the recipe to unlock instead of having to fill your inventory with dozens of collectables worth relatively small amounts of scrip.

Until you're ready for end game crafting/gathering gear, recipe difficulty is near trivial. Just this past week I was crafting HQ lvl 81 DOH/DOL sets from all normal materials on one of my alts that was equipped with only HQ level 71 gear.

Scrip gear is never the best gear available. It's just more convenient for those who don't want to spend gil on or craft the best gear for themselves.

If you still prefer having scrip gear, get it over a couple of weeks doing Custom Deliveries. As long as your gear is up to date for the delivery item level, it's very simple to get the 600 rating you need for max reward compared to the higher ratings needed on normal collectables.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Masekase Hurricane
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Partially laziness (which I don't blame... 130 quests are a lot of quests), but also partially to be consistent with the way that was set in ShB. It'd feel awkward to change back to class quests in EW after grouping them into role quests ShB.
    I agree, although I agreed with their explanation as to why. They stated that the guilds have nothing left to teach us, as we have become experienced in our roles be it DoL, DoW, DoH or DoM. So now we just get quests that are about helping somebody.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Samantha Redgrayve
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I know they aren't Custom Deliveries. I was wondering why you have to gather/ buy from MB the materials when in Stormblood the class quests provided the materials for you. And since Crystarium/ Studium Deliveries are similar to Custom Deliveries in format, I was also wondering why they don't have a vendor providing the materials.
    Because SB was the outlier, not the rule? HW and ARR has you also buy materials from MB/gather yourself, and for a long time, HW Quests not only demanded HQ items, they demanded you crafted them yourself. Buying one on the MB wouldn't update the quest to recognize you had one, you had to actually make it. Crafting and Gathering are interlinked, gathering your own mats makes it more profitable to craft (not losing income to buying mats), crafting your own stuff makes it easier to gather (make new sets for gathering as you level). The whole 'there's a vendor that will just give you the mats you need, and if you bugger it up just ask for more' is really hollow imo. Doesn't feel as good when I know I can just immediately try again, as many times as I want with no limit. Can even be exploited, eg 'oh my opener of Rapid Synth didn't hit, I'll just abandon, get a new set of mats, try again'.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Styrmwyda Khawyn
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    I think what would help is if each Crystarium/ Studium Delivery recipe only required of each ingredient, so you only needed to gather/ buy 18 (Shb)/ 6 (EW) of each ingredient in each recipe.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2