Character
    S'lakshai Halha
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90

South America support when?

Posting this here because afaik there's a big SA community in Behemoth
    With the recent changes to the online store, it has become pretty much impossible for me to acquire items there. Whereas before i could at least rely on friends i've made in the game to send me an emote or something for my birthday or on other special occasions, now i'm stuck with a store priced in a currency 5 times more weighty than mine.

I pay my sub through Steam, and in there they do adaptive pricing so that all countries have a fair price tag for their services, but MogStation and the online store only have support for the US version here. So whereas US citizens pay about half their sub for an emote, on Steam i pay 28 or so reais to be able to play, but a single emote from the online store costs me 37 reais. That's nearly 1,5x the price of the sub!!! Not to mention the sub itself on MS, which comes up to SEVENTY reais.

I don't think i'm unreasonable when i say that SquareEnix could use SA support in their online store and MogStation as soon as possible, because as it is they're just encouraging people to try new ways of dancing around their policies; or they're killing the South American market.

So yeah, if there's any SA folk out here, what are your thoughts on SE making things increasingly more difficult for us? Honestly, i feel so helpless, it feels like they're an eldritch abomination, not even aware that we exist like how we humans barely bat an eye at an ant walking along the dirt.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nadia Frostwind
    World
    Seraph
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by morose_moron View Post
    Posting this here because afaik there's a big SA community in Behemoth
    With the recent changes to the online store, it has become pretty much impossible for me to acquire items there. Whereas before i could at least rely on friends i've made in the game to send me an emote or something for my birthday or on other special occasions, now i'm stuck with a store priced in a currency 5 times more weighty than mine.

I pay my sub through Steam, and in there they do adaptive pricing so that all countries have a fair price tag for their services, but MogStation and the online store only have support for the US version here. So whereas US citizens pay about half their sub for an emote, on Steam i pay 28 or so reais to be able to play, but a single emote from the online store costs me 37 reais. That's nearly 1,5x the price of the sub!!! Not to mention the sub itself on MS, which comes up to SEVENTY reais.

I don't think i'm unreasonable when i say that SquareEnix could use SA support in their online store and MogStation as soon as possible, because as it is they're just encouraging people to try new ways of dancing around their policies; or they're killing the South American market.

So yeah, if there's any SA folk out here, what are your thoughts on SE making things increasingly more difficult for us? Honestly, i feel so helpless, it feels like they're an eldritch abomination, not even aware that we exist like how we humans barely bat an eye at an ant walking along the dirt.
    as a fellow brazilian myself, I can't agree more with you. I never buy Fantasia without disccounts in the SE store. Or anything else by the way...

For a long time I wanted more support for us at SA like local and official stores, data center, servers, official translations for spanish (and maybe portuguese), etc. But if we look at Square Enix, we see the problem: they are focused only in JP and then they do something for the rest of the world as they see profitable.

A lot of brazilians and other south americans play this game and others SE products, but we don't have the same access to them as other countries have. Maybe, if we mobilize shouting to SE ears things could be changed, but we need to organize this first xD

Until there, let's tear and sadness swallows all for us... =/
    (0)
    "Every soul you touch will remember your kindness" - TIA, G'raha