Character
    Fizzl Yinfina
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90

A website to track what is currently selling in your world

Hi!

I hope this kind of self-promotion is allowed...

I have gotten into crafting lately. I was trying to find a way to figure out what is actually selling in the marketboard. Universalis is great when you need to see volume and prices for a single item, but tracking the board as a whole doesn't really work.
    Now: Universalis offers a way to use their data in any way you want. It's that the data is not maybe very conveniently presented for non-programming types of people.

It just so happens, that I am a programming-type-of-person! I made this tool first for myself, and I am now happy to share it with you all:

http://xivsales.com

What it does:
    First you must select your home world at the very top of the page. Then it will connect to Universalis, and start waiting for new sales to happen. The list is updated in real time as the sales happen. Everything is only saved in your browser, so you have to have the page open in a tab to collect the statistics.

Questions and comments welcome!
    (0)
    Last edited by Fizzl; 10-16-2022 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Fixed link. I'm a dumdum...

Player
    Character
    Jain Farstrider
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    That's really nice.

I'm a bit sad to see so much RMT on my server though... I'm guessing instead of trading the gil they just exchange it over the MB? Weathered level 1 items for 105M? Yellow tulip corsage for 55M?

I almost feel like this is something SE should be doing to track RMT. Look at the standard deviation for sales and whenever something sells for 3+ deviations outside, flag it and check the buyer and seller. If the "buyer" (would be the RMT seller) has a long list of these sort of sales, that's who to track. And if that long list of sales results in being flagged as RMT, come back and hit the "seller" (RMT buyer) and any connected accounts with the banstick.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    You Cob
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 2
    Yo, can we get a mod in here to delete this post advocating for third-party programs?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    W'kepaga Amih
    World
    Seraph
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 1
    If that website starts to get attention, then they will ban any account linked to it, like MogBoard, OP is risking Perma Ban in game if it's their website.

Third-party market board tracking websites usually use third-party tools and community funded accounts to exist, thus RMT.
    (1)