Player
    Shadowflare - Ward Miasma II, Plot Broil IV
    Character
    Reiner Osborne
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    A praise? Weeelllll… you’re free to praise them… for fulfilling your standard.

Each of us has different standard. I don’t think I’m going to praise them for doing just ‘good enough’. But at the very least these sort of feedbacks reminds them that we still care enough to let our voices be heard, yes?
    (9)

Character
    Marel Nobelle
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rein_eon_Osborne View Post
    Each of us has different standard. I don’t think I’m going to praise them for doing just ‘good enough’. But at the very least these sort of feedbacks reminds them that we still care enough to let our voices be heard, yes?
    This is a good standard to have. 'Good enough' isn't enough for praise.

Quote Originally Posted by SentioftheHoukai View Post
    Silver and Vel both are just so odd, to me. They both claim membership in the more geriatric side of the age divide, what with their "back in my day" and "I've been on internet forums for over 40 years" quotes. Why then, are they so hostile and hateful? Most people of a more advanced age I have the pleasure of being acquainted with are kind, wise and respectful. Whence then, did Silver and Vel seem to fail to heed this moral?
    In my experience, the elderly tend to be some of the kindest, sweetest people on the planet, or some of the most vile and horrid people out there. There's something about age that just pushes you into one of those two groups.

Edit: I'm out of forum posts for the day (first time in a while that's happened lol) but looks like Atelier and Silverbane are once again putting on tonight's entertainment as the twin jesters of the forums. Can't say I'm surprised though.
    (9)
    Last edited by AwesomeJr44; 09-18-2022 at 01:37 PM.

Character
    Harun Asubra
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SentioftheHoukai View Post
    Silver and Vel both are just so odd, to me. They both claim membership in the more geriatric side of the age divide, what with their "back in my day" and "I've been on internet forums for over 40 years" quotes. Why then, are they so hostile and hateful? Most people of a more advanced age I have the pleasure of being acquainted with are kind, wise and respectful. Whence then, did Silver and Vel seem to fail to heed this moral?
    Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeJr44 View Post
    In my experience, the elderly tend to be some of the kindest, sweetest people on the planet, or some of the most vile and horrid people out there. There's something about age that just pushes you into one of those two groups.
    OH!! So THAT'S what they want! I get it now! They're Boomers! They want to give Square a participation trophy!!

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeJr44 View Post
    This is a good standard to have. 'Good enough' isn't enough for praise.

Like, I won't deny that the game is phenomenal. Because it is. It would never have garnered so much love and attention the way it did had it not been so good. But just because they had a good run doesn't mean it's alright to be lax.

You can relax, Square, but if you're gonna commit something to the game, make sure it has quality. Relaxation doesn't equal throwing stuff at a wall and hoping it sticks.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Etherea Stormaire
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    common courtesy is obviously lost on most.

Thanks SE and the devs for bringing me a game I enjoy playing and enjoy enough to keep subscribing to.

by the way, before you all start getting insulting, saying thanks isnt praise. I appreciate the game and the work that goes into it, thats not being a shill, its knowing for a fact its not something I could do, or would do. its not perfect, its not horrible as some like to make it out to be. but if its that bad.. why are you still paying them money? well, your dime, do with it what you will I suppose...
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Lala Felon
    World
    Zurvan
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Midareyukki View Post
    You can relax, Square, but if you're gonna commit something to the game, make sure it has quality. Relaxation doesn't equal throwing stuff at a wall and hoping it sticks.
    The stretched body in the Omega-M costume is one of those things that simply lacks quality.

Same with the fat cat clothing, and it's bad rigging causing finger warping.

These are paid additions, they really should have the barest modicum of quality control applied by the devs.
    (15)

Character
    Harun Asubra
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kes13a View Post
    common courtesy is obviously lost on most.

Thanks SE and the devs for bringing me a game I enjoy playing and enjoy enough to keep subscribing to.

by the way, before you all start getting insulting, saying thanks isnt praise. I appreciate the game and the work that goes into it, thats not being a shill, its knowing for a fact its not something I could do, or would do. its not perfect, its not horrible as some like to make it out to be. but if its that bad.. why are you still paying them money? well, your dime, do with it what you will I suppose...
    I mean, you're the one whose post immediately starts with a snide criticism.

If anything, you utterly failed to read what has already been said. "saying thanks isn't praise", yes, we know. Just look up.
    "why are you still paying them money?" need I direct you over to this?
    Stuff like that isn't that clear-cut either, high horse down please.

I swear, you skip over an entire thread and then you breed negativity with amazing quips as "common courtesy is obviously lost on most", and then people who complain over things are called out on being negative? You're no better!

No, you're not being a shill. You're being something else entirely. People can still appreciate the game while pointing their flaws, yes? What else do you expect them to do, turn a blind eye? Because that won't happen every darn time, and you best get used to it.

Tell me.

Tell me to my face to turn a blind eye to the way they treated my race and the people who enjoy it and showed support for their own work by playing it.

I dare you.

Quote Originally Posted by Atelier-Bagur View Post
    Its pointless to tell children how good they got it compared to other MMO or game devs that honestly dont care much to communicate to their own playerbase or almost all feedback falls on deaf ears.

In today's current modern gaming age, it really is a godsend to have developers actually put in the effort that the FFXIV team does. If people want to continue to have this unhealthy unwarranted customer self-entitlement then they can go on and continue to be bitter rather than getting differing perspectives.

No I'm not saying this because I'm a shill or a simp for SE, I'm just being an adult about not getting overly upset and or getting caught with the online drama llama whenever things dont go exactly as planned.
    Oh look, another one.

I'm sorry, who's being immature? The guys telling you that SE has flaws and that being told about them isn't negativity, or the ones coming over and insulting people?

Amazing job at being an adult, 10/10.

Also, it's so obvious neither of you read this thread, because the point of other games having better or worse and how they should factor in has already been addressed in another post, quoting Square Enix's thoughts on it directly.
    (13)
    Last edited by Midareyukki; 09-18-2022 at 01:11 PM.

Player
    Character
    Cordelia Emery
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 82
    Its pointless to tell children how good they got it compared to other MMO or game devs that honestly dont care much to communicate to their own playerbase or almost all feedback falls on deaf ears.

In today's current modern gaming age, it really is a godsend to have developers actually put in the effort that the FFXIV team does. If people want to continue to have this unhealthy unwarranted customer self-entitlement then they can go on and continue to be bitter rather than getting differing perspectives.

No I'm not saying this because I'm a shill or a simp for SE, I'm just being an adult about not getting overly upset and or getting caught with the online drama llama whenever things dont go exactly as planned.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cordelia Emery
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 82
    I mean, you're the one whose post immediately starts with a snide criticism.

If anything, you utterly failed to read what has already been said. "saying thanks isn't praise", yes, we know. Just look up.
    "why are you still paying them money?" need I direct you over to this?
    Stuff like that isn't that clear-cut either, high horse down please.

I swear, you skip over an entire thread and then you breed negativity with amazing quips as "common courtesy is obviously lost on most", and then people who complain over things are called out on being negative? You're no better!

No, you're not being a shill. You're being something else entirely. People can still appreciate the game while pointing their flaws, yes? What else do you expect them to do, turn a blind eye? Because that won't happen every darn time, and you best get used to it.

Tell me.

Tell me to my face to turn a blind eye to the way they treated my race and the people who enjoy it and showed support for their own work by playing it.

I dare you.

Oh look, another one.

I'm sorry, who's being immature? The guys telling you that SE has flaws and that being told about them isn't negativity, or the ones coming over and insulting people?

Amazing job at being an adult, 10/10.
    Buddy the fact that you're responding so clearly defensive tells that you're being butthurt over people wanting for others to chill. Thats basic child behavior there. Nobody is saying that SE are never at fault for their own mistakes.
    (3)
    Last edited by Atelier-Bagur; 09-18-2022 at 01:15 PM.

Character
    Harun Asubra
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Atelier-Bagur View Post
    Buddy the fact that you're responding so much with such passive aggressiveness clearly tells that you're being butthurt over people wanting for others to chill. Thats basic child behavior there. Nobody is saying that SE are never at fault for their own mistakes.
    So excuse me, instead of admitting you've read none of what other people wrote before coming over and insulting the thread, you accuse me of being passive aggressive? Sure jan.

At least admit your fault? Yeah, I'm passive aggressive, because I'm so tired of people not even reading what others posted and giving it a rest. Because here's the thing Atelier... YES there ARE people saying SE is never at fault. That's the point of this whole thread! And when we justify it as "We know they've done good things, but that doesn't excuse bad things", people go absolutely ballistic!
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Cordelia Emery
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 82
    So excuse me, instead of admitting you've read none of what other people wrote before coming over and insulting the thread, you accuse me of being passive aggressive? Sure jan.

At least admit your fault? Yeah, I'm passive aggressive, because I'm so tired of people not even reading what others posted and giving it a rest. Because here's the thing Atelier... YES there ARE people saying SE is never at fault. That's the point of this whole thread! And when we justify it as "We know they've done good things, but that doesn't excuse bad things", people go absolutely ballistic!
    Trying to argue one extreme with another extreme isnt also helping quell the situation either. Its honestly tiring seeing this community be so jaded with one another and the developers.
    (2)

Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast