Player
    Character
    Fenris Pendragon
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80

7.0 News from Reddit.

As can be gleaned from the following information posted to the FFXIV subreddit, it appears that the traditional retreat for the expansion has since been completed after an earlier interview was not very clear as to the future direction of 7.0. However, the brief snippets of information above have me concerned for multiple reasons. To quote Krile back in the Heavensward patches, “Really?”

Given that the expansion is unlikely to release prior to January or February 2024 it is important for people to let their thoughts be known as both new information regarding 7.0 is released, along with the reception to the coming 6.X patches. Simply put, the last thing we need is another Sharlayan in the party. Stacking the Scions full of scholarly types from the same single nation aside from Estinien has led to a critical lack of diversity in both appearance and ideology amongst the player party. Krile being a lalafell is a change of pace in terms of looks alright, but I struggle to comprehend what she could possibly bring in terms of personality and lore expositions that Y’shtola does not – given that it seems we will never be rid of the latter.

It is also concerning that this interview brings up even more “goofiness” as if that wasn’t one of the reasons why 6.0 has been criticized for the way in which it handled both its pacing and the main cast. Granted, I believe that characters should have multiple facets of their personality displayed over the course of the main story but “goofiness” is the last thing that we need after the sort of scenes we saw in 6.0 and 6.1. If Krile is to be a compelling addition to the main cast, she must be allowed to grow as a character, suffer loss, sacrifice, and emerge either triumphant or else suffer something in the way of permanent consequences arising from whatever actions she takes in 7.0.

I have nothing to comment on in terms of a potential new outfit for her, though I was never a fan of the yellow color scheme chosen for what are clearly Devout-inspired robes which have traditionally been shown as white, pink, and red. An outfit change should be the last priority when her character is relatively underdeveloped at present. If the plan for her to “play an active role” aka joining the party comes to fruition, special care must be taken to ensure that she fulfils an interesting spot in the party.

And, naturally, if she is to come with us then the last thing we need is for the rest of the Scions to come along apart from the ones that have already pledged themselves to our cause, Estinien and Y’shtola. Thancred’s character arc is over. Urianger’s character arc is over. The twins have long since exhausted many players’ patience and short of meaningful progression for them or ageing them up I cannot divine a reason as to why we should bring them with us again. In any case, one student of Baldesion is more than enough. The other has had his adventure with us already, our end of the bargain fulfilled.
    (41)
    Last edited by aveyond-dreams; 09-10-2022 at 12:44 AM.
    Авейонд-сны

Player
    Character
    Tristain Archambeau
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Great, more Krile, and goofier as well to boot... can't wait.
    (33)
    When the game's story becomes self-aware:

Character
    Cinnabun Arulaq
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Oh come on dont turn this game into complete uwu.......I miss Heavensward. And I can’t begin to explain how little I care for Krile.
    (48)

Player
    Character
    Iyrnthota Sparrow
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    In truth there's not much to glean here except Krile will be around a bit more, and they're going to show a bit more of a light-hearted/"goofier" of her.

Personally I'm excited for both. Seems most of the time we've spent with Krile recently has been during somewhat dire circumstances, and I'd like to get to know her better
    (27)

Player
    Character
    Mari Yumishi
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    The va said she wants to preform a goofier side to her at some point. Doesn't mean it will happen for sure. Seems like something she said off handed and some people are taking her comment like this is 100% going to happen.
    (25)

Player
    Character
    Sturm Churro
    World
    Marilith
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Delis View Post
    The va said she wants to preform a goofier side to her at some point. Doesn't mean it will happen for sure. Seems like something she said off handed and some people are taking her comment like this is 100% going to happen.
    I was gonna comment on that as well. I will reserve judgement overall. I'd like to see more. It's like I have said before, it's not really that there are these "slice of life" or "goofy" moments it's how often, and when/where it appears in the story.
    (10)
    WHM | RDM | DNC

Player
    Character
    Saimeren Stons
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    People complaining about a goofy character in their serious game! And yet we're have Hildibrand (spelling) and people seem to love that stuff.

This community baffles me some times.
    (8)
    Adorable creatures with unacceptable features!

Player
    Character
    Cordelia Emery
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 82
    Quote Originally Posted by Saimeren View Post
    People complaining about a goofy character in their serious game! And yet we're have Hildibrand (spelling) and people seem to love that stuff.

Its like people forget they're playing *ahem*.....a final fantasy game. Not Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones or whatever popular no-nonsense fantasy world they like to imagine this game is trying to be.
    (9)

Character
    Harun Asubra
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Atelier-Bagur View Post
    Its like people forget they're playing *ahem*.....a final fantasy game. Not Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones or whatever popular no-nonsense fantasy world they like to imagine this game is trying to be.
    Except the devs themselves said that FF14 was written with Game of Thrones as inspiration. YES it doesn't stop this from being a Final Fantasy game, and we shouldn't dismiss that simply because of the inspiration provided. The franchise involves a couple of expectations (lightheartedness, anime-esque, power of friendship...) that aren't present in Game of Thrones.

I'll argue though that the inspiration did at least serve to make a mature/sober narrative, especially initially, that is now clashing a bit with the rest of the game. Hildibrand was around in ARR, but he wasn't mandatory content. Krile was, and while G'raha's origins were in (at the time) optional content, his tenure as the Exarch happened during another mature portion of the narrative.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Tristain Archambeau
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Saimeren View Post

You mean that side content I can just choose to ignore?
    (11)
    When the game's story becomes self-aware:

Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast