Character
    Caimie Tsukino
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90

About the new Sublime collectables for Aetherial Reduction into Glioaether

Items & Nodes Location:

Prime/Sublime Crystalbloom (BTN) (Prime & Sublime Collectables for Aetherial Reduction)
    Ultima Thule (Abode of the Ea) 10:00 (27.9, 13.1)

Prime/Sublime Siderite (MIN) (Prime & Sublime Collectables for Aetherial Reduction)
    Garlemald (Camp Broken Glass) 12:00 (32.1, 35.0)

Details:
    3700 Perception is REQUIRED to play this collectable game. Do NOT even bother to engage the node if you do NOT have this perception amount.

Prime/Sublime Siderite (from MIN) both give EARTH crystals & clusters.
    Prime/Sublime Crystalbloom (from BTN) both give WIND crytsals & clusters.

If the collectable is a "Prime" rather than "Sublime", then will likely just give you 30-ish crystals and 20-ish clusters when you carry out Aetherial Reduction.
    However, the "Prime" collectable still has a very slight chance of obtaining 1 Igneous/Verdurous Glioaether from Aetherial Reduction (like 1 in every 20 of them).

If the collectable is a "Sublime", then it is guaranteed to give you 1 Igneous/Verdurous Glioaether from Aetherial Reduction.

Your chance of obtaining Sublime collectables is 0% unless you reach the maximum of 1000 collectability.

The Gathering stats is what dictates the final % chance of obtaining a Sublime after reaching 1000 collectability.
    E.g.
    3598 Gathering = 5% when collectability reached 1000
    3601 Gathering = 5% when collectability reached 1000
    3603 Gathering = 5% when collectability reached 1000
    3606 Gathering = 6% when collectability reached 1000
    3610 Gathering = 6% when collectability reached 1000
    3624 Gathering = 6% when collectability reached 1000
    3630 Gathering = 6% when collectability reached 1000
    3633 Gathering = 6% when collectability reached 1000
    3634 Gathering = 7% when collectability reached 1000
    3635 Gathering = 7% when collectability reached 1000
    3644 Gathering = 7% when collectability reached 1000
    3658 Gathering = 7% when collectability reached 1000
    3693 Gathering = 9% when collectability reached 1000

From this data, it can be estimated that approximately every +28 points of Gathering will grant us +1% of Sublime acquisition rate.

Below is a estimation of the relationship between Gathering vs % rate of Sublime:

*Note this is just an estimation. Real data may differ from this slightly.

Random Bonuses of the Nodes:
    Note that Yield & Boon bonuses have NO EFFECT on collectables. So the only bonuses that are important are the ones that affect GATHERING ATTEMPTS.
    E.g.
    3750 Gathering -> Gathering Attempts +2
    Max GP > 830 -> Gathering Attempts +2
    (Note: Using the Gathering vs % Sublime relationship graph above, we can estimate that even at 3750 Gathering to gain the +2 attempt bonus, our rate is going to be ~11% only.)

Unlike the new Patch 6.2 nodes, >3800 Perception doesn't give any Boon chance bonus (Boon bonus doesn't help with collectables anyway).
    So for these Sublime Siderite/Crystalbloom, 3700 Perception is all you need. Sure, more perception will help with collectability. But if you use the rotation of
    Scrutiny (200 GP) > Collector's Focus (100 GP) > Meticulous Prosp > Scrutiny (200 GP) > Collector's Focus (100 GP) > Meticulous Prosp,
    then you will likely hit the max 1000 collectability if you have 3700+ Perception anyway (Collector's Focus brings your chance of extra collectability to about 70%, and you need that extra collectability to reach max 1000 with just two Meticulous. If any failed, then you need to supplement with an extra Meticulous).

In summary, for these Sublime items, my recommendation of stats are as follow:
    Gathering: As high as possible to increase chance of obtaining Sublime after reaching 1000 collectability
    Perception: Just need more than 3700 (but I aimed for 3800 anyway so I get the Boon bonuses for the new 6.2 nodes. However, because I aimed for so much Perception, I do not have as much as 3750 Gathering to get the +2 Attempt bonus for these collectables... apparently you can only go for either 3800 perception or 3750 gathering with your melds... unless you sacrifice a lot of GP).
    GP: ~900 to carry out the above rotation plus using Solid Reason / Ageless Words once (+ Wise to the World once if you have that Eureka Moment buff). Can be a little less than 900, assuming that you gain a little bit GP each time you collect an item.

EDIT on 2022-08-27: Included new data, a graph and some estimation.
    (7)
    Last edited by Caimie_Tsukino; 08-27-2022 at 12:22 PM.

“The best crafter is not the one with the best stats, but the one who makes the best use of one’s stats” – By Caimie Tsukino

Player
    Character
    Meluwen Nobu
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    So it's going to be difficult to get these until 6.3 when we get new gear.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotaris View Post
    So it's going to be difficult to get these until 6.3 when we get new gear.
    It could be difficult to get them even when we get the 6.3 gear. We don't know where SE set the cap for chance to proc.

On the other hand, it's hard to say where prices will end up due to limited use for the glioaether. I'm assuming it will be possible to construct the landmark once a Sanctuary is at Rank 10 but how many players are going to be willing to pay millions of gil to buy the components?

I doubt SE will add additional uses for it considering how it's linked to Expert recipes.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Caimie Tsukino
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    2022-08-27: Did an update on the original post. Included new data, a graph and some estimation.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Meluwen Nobu
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    My gathering is like 3370 or something like that and I recall seeing 1% to 3% chance. Guess I should meld some more gathering or start using food.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hua Tuo
    World
    Zurvan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    really good OP, I was aware the new collectable were a thing, but had a hard time finding where to find them let alone stats and graphs, and I don't have patience to watch some stupid 15min+ video guides where all the pepegas just like listening to their own voice. Many thanks! got 3862 gathering/ 3743 perception with foodbuff, should be a breeze! but pentamelds are a must..
    (1)
    Last edited by HuaTuo; 08-28-2022 at 01:29 AM.

Player
    Character
    M'toka Rahz
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Many thanks for all the data! Cheers to you for posting it OP.

I decided to put your theory to the test by pushing to the current (maybe?) maximum achievable Gathering, up to 3918 with 3703 Perception and 877 GP to barely meet the minimum Perception threshold. This is using a slight modification to the balance's BiS melds on tools, helm, chest, and an accessory as well as using Kalamarakia and FC buff.

With those stats I'm getting 17% chance for Sublime at 1000 collect-ability.
    (2)
    Last edited by tputs; 09-08-2022 at 03:34 AM.

Player
    Character
    Caimie Tsukino
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Thanks, guys! I'm glad the data is helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by tputs View Post
    Many thanks for all the data! Cheers to you for posting it OP.

I decided to put your theory to the test by pushing to the current (maybe?) maximum achievable Gathering, up to 3918 with 3703 Perception and 877 GP to barely meet the minimum Perception threshold. This is using a slight modification to the balance's BiS melds on tools, helm, chest, and an accessory as well as using Kalamarakia and FC buff.

With those stats I'm getting 17% chance for Sublime at 1000 collect-ability.
    Oh wow! Finally someone decided to push the very limit! 3918 gathering??!! By the Twelve, that's crazyyyy! And so 17% is as high as it gets at the very moment.
    I hope you're putting this into good use now, and get tons of glioaether!!! Good luck too!
    (1)

“The best crafter is not the one with the best stats, but the one who makes the best use of one’s stats” – By Caimie Tsukino

Player
    Character
    Kiteh Reszu
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    My Indagator's gathering gear is pentamelded to Gathering 4118, Perception 3996 before food, with HQ Jhinga Curry (Gathering 4254 & 909 GP). That's good for 19% Sublime chance (with food).
    I don't think that we'll get much more than 20% chance until we get new gathering gear in a future update. 20-21% is going to probably be the max sublime % chance for now.

If I feel froggy, I'll craft and penta-meld a max gathering set (with perception added only after gathering is maxxed) and see what that % gives, my guess is it won't be more than 22'ish %.
    Feel free to send over your spare Gatherer's Guerdon Materia X & IX, in the name of science. :-)
    (0)
    Last edited by KitehReszu; 02-25-2023 at 05:57 PM.

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by KitehReszu View Post
    My Indagator's gathering gear is pentamelded to Gathering 4118, Perception 3996 before food, with HQ Jhinga Curry (Gathering 4254 & 909 GP). That's good for 19% Sublime chance (with food).
    I don't think that we'll get much more than 20% chance until we get new gathering gear in a future update. 20-21% is going to probably be the max sublime % chance for now.

If I feel froggy, I'll craft and penta-meld a max gathering set (with perception added only after gathering is maxxed) and see what that % gives, my guess is it won't be more than 22'ish %.
    Feel free to send over your spare Gatherer's Guerdon Materia X & IX, in the name of science. :-)
    Indagator is as good as it will get for Endwalker. There will be no other crafting/gathering sets this expansion beyond the Augmented Perfectionist scrip gear that will get added in 6.4 if SE follows their usual system and that will only match HQ indagator without pentamelds.

You may want to wait until 6.4 before playing with a new set of gathering melds since we'll probably be getting a new set of Sublime items then.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast